The Crown Princess

Ona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: The Crown Princess

 

Momo is her real name but she could not remember how long has it been since anyone called her that name. She is best known as the Crown Princess, or The Moon Princess, or even Hikari. She has many names and titles, too many that even she gets confused about who she is.

 

The Crown Princess grew up with the overprotectiveness of everyone. She is prohibited from doing a lot of things. She was trained to be a worthy heir. She was never alone growing up, Na-Yeo, her attendant who happened to be her milk sister was always with her. They play together and converse with each other without inhibitions, they are inseparable. They could be a perfect match if Na-yeo was born as an ordinary but she was not, rather she was an axis as well. Na-Yeo is part of a named clan, the Ims. Their family vowed to protect and serve the Royal Family directly. She is the oldest axis of the family which means that she will lead the family if anything happens to the current head.

 

Despite all the attention that the Crown Princess is receiving. Momo is a timid child. She would hide behind the Empress whenever someone would try to talk to her at official events. The Empress would smile and carry her while meeting officials and Momo loved that. The Empress was always busied by work but she would always have time to visit her daughters.

 

“Mama, when can I meet my little sister?” Momo asked koalas to her mother. She is turning seven now and she has not met her sister yet. It was a long-believed tradition that Royals couldn’t meet their siblings until they reached the age of seven. “Soon, you’ll meet her at that banquet that we will have to celebrate your birthday,” The Empress explained caressing her daughter. “Is it hard to become an older sister?” Momo asked with excitement in her tone.

 

The Empress smiled. She remembers her sister, compared to the current Princesses. The Empress and Princess Suji were born 2 weeks apart. If they follow the order of birth, Suji is older than the Empress. Now that the Empress thinks about it. Was it hard for Suji to be an older sister to the Empress? The Empress thought otherwise, it was harder to deal with Suji as an older sister. “I think I should ask Aunt Suji, she is older than you, right?” Momo said determined. “I don’t think she would have a good answer for you,” The Empress says with a sigh.

 

“Your Majesty, what do you mean I will not have a sufficient answer for the Crown Princess? I understand that you of all people know that I am an exemplary older sister,” Suji was walking behind them and joined their conversation. “How do I become an exemplary older sister?”

“It is easy my Crown Princess, just annoy your sister so much and she will love you more than anything!” Suji explained proudly. “I would not listen to your aunt on that one, just show how dear your sister is to you, and you would and she would appreciate it,” Empress Kry immediately blocked the idea. They continue doing their official tasks in meeting a lot of the officers.

 

The day has finally come. The Crown Princess looked so beautiful in her pink dress. She wears her crown and is celebrated by the officials that she has finally turned 7. It was in the middle of the celebration when loud drums covered the palace and an announcement came, “Please Welcome, the Second Princess, Princess Sora,” The people bowed down as the said Princess walked towards the throne. She bowed to the people on the Throne, her mother, and her sister.

 

Momo smiled excitedly. She has finally seen her little sister. She could not describe the excitement she felt on that time. Her sister is so cute that she can’t prevent herself from moving. She ran to her and held her hand. “Hello, I am – “ Momo did not know what name she should use or what title she should introduce herself to her sister. “My big sister, right? You are my big sister?” Sana smiled awkwardly. She is also happy seeing her sister for the first time. “Yes, yes, I am your big sister,” She pats Sana’s head. Sana smiled lovingly.

 

From that day until today, Momo defined herself, not as the crown princess, or not as the moon princess, or not as the heir, not even Hikari. She is just Momo, the big sister of Sana. People may not understand the discovery that Momo made that day. But for the Crown Princess, that was the day she knew who she was supposed to be.

 

“Your Highness, here are the documents from officials that need your approval,” Na-Yeo puts down the documents on the Crown Princess’ desk. “Eh, they took so long to arrive, it had been a month since I last received these,” The Crown Princess is excited seeing these documents. “It took longer for the Second Princess to study the last batch you passed onto her that is why the officials took time to respond, some of these are appeals because the Sky Princess rejected their proposals.” Na- Yeo explained. “She is always working so hard, isn’t that admirable? Na-Yeonnie..” The Crown Princess stood up from her chair.

 

“Rather than working so hard, isn’t she overworked with all the things you are passing to her?” Na-Yeo fought the urge to roll her eyes. “But, if I don’t give her work, the officials will complain, and they might send her to the army like the last time, did you know how dangerous it was? I could not sleep when she was leading some expedition, during that trade slavery case. Sana should stay in the corners of the palace and be safe,” Momo nods convinced that she is doing the right thing. Well, the intentions seem right. “I am pretty sure that is not what the Sky Princess is thinking, she must think that you are being lazy again, I mean not that she is wrong, you are being lazy, Your Highness,” Na-Yeo commented. She can talk casually to the Crown Princess if it is just the two of them. “Nayeonnie, you don’t think that my sister will hate me, because I am sending work to her, right?” The Crown Princess pouted like a child. She hugs Na-yeo while sobbing. The Attendant sighed in defeat. “Moon Princess, you should stop doing these things, that is why people mistakenly think that we are lovers, if only they knew that you rather have a sister complex instead,” Na-yeo says coldly. “I don’t have a sister complex, I am just protecting my baby little sister,” Momo weakly punches Na-yeo. “Fine, what do you plan to do with the documents then?” Na-yeo knows that the Crown Princess will not budge with that denial.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter