Chapter 11; Emergence

Ona
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11; Emergence

 

“Are you tired?” Sana asked Mina who seemed to be fighting her sleepiness. They had been living in the small house of Sana’s mother for over three months now. There were no servants so Mina cleaned most of it, while Sana was busy trying to control her abilities, it was a deserted area where they lived the closest village was an hour away by horse, but Sana would fly to get supplies sometimes, and she had been able to control it in a way. They had been living a peaceful life, a routine of theirs every day was that Mina would prepare their breakfast and do some crochet while waiting for Sana who was busy with her training. When they started living together they were always all over each other but in some instances they grew more comfortable with each other like a normal married couple. Mina still treats Sana as her master, and Sana feels that. The girl never uttered her name even though she asked multiple times.

There are times when Sana seemed to be thinking about something and Mina did not want to interrupt her thoughts. She wondered what could keep the second princess awake at night, and what thoughts ran in her head. Mina did not dare to ask. She wishes she could, but she knows she should not. However, by the looks of it, she could tell that the picture of the towns they passed by in poverty bothered the second Princess, she could see that the second princess was contemplating how this could happen, who caused it, and the places they passed by were very different from the Capital wherein tons of infrastructure are extravagant and made out of good materials. There is sadness and anger in the second princess’ eyes.

“I am alright, Your Highness, I can...” Mina stopped talking when Sana sat next to her. “Sana, call me that,”

“But…” Mina did not say more she felt Sana’s head on her shoulder. The second Princess loves leaning on Mina. “No, buts, call me by my name so I can sleep,” The second princess said stubbornly. “If you permit me to do so, Your Highness,” Mina acts politely. “Yes, permission granted,” Sana immediately answered. “Sa…cond Princess, please allow me to ask, why did we move to the West?” Mina tried but she could not put herself to call Sana… as Sana. Also, it is the first time after that three months she asked about it. It is not like she hated this life, she loved it, to be honest. She loved it so much that she hoped it would never end like ever.

“If I tell you why, are you going to call me by my name?” Sana asked with a strict tone. “I shall, Your Highness if you insist,” Mina feels that she would be punished if she ever called Sana by her name. “I expressed my motive to be betrothed to you, and take you as my wife, to my family,” Sana answered looking at the floor. Mina did not think about this as the reason for them being moved here, she was blushing so hard. Wife? Of the second Princess? A part of her is overjoyed if there is anything that she could hope for is that she would be with the Second Princess until her death, but a part of her feels guilt; guilt toward the people of Ona, as if she is robbing them their princess, guilt towards the Royal family because they are forced to send away the second princess, whom they love obviously, and guilt towards the second princess herself, as she is forced to renounce her title.

“I don’t know how to react to that,” All that Mina could say.

“I know how you feel that is why I decided not to tell you until now,” Sana understands it very well. She knows Mina enough to know that Mina would be conflicted.

“I love you, Mina, I did not mean to fall this deeply in love with you, but it happened, it happened that nothing is more important than you in this world for me,” Sana said looking into Mina’s eyes with all sincerity. “How about the people? How about your duty?” Mina asked with tears in her eyes. “I trust my mother and my sister would take care of them, I trust that they would…” Sana stops the image of the people who they passed by and met during their journey and stays resurfacing in her mind. Some people are homeless and can’t afford to eat. Some soldiers fought for the country yet they are thrown away in a poor town with nothing given, but a fish rod and some stipend. There was poverty everywhere, suffering and doom. Sana searches for answers why.. how? The West should be thriving, yet there were a lot of people who were abandoned and were just waiting for their death. How could this be? There were a lot of transactions from a different nation, human trafficking, and bombing of shores, how could the capital do nothing about it? Sana clenches her jaw.

“They are more than capable of handling everything,” Sana smiles sadly. “But..” Mina clenches her jaw, she would lie if she did not admit that she wants it too. A life with the second princess not guarded in the palace. A life with the person who saved her, and the person whom she wishes to be with for eternity, but it is hard to process because she knows Sana well enough to know that Sana cares about the people of Ona. She cares so much about her family, but above that, she cares about Mina.

“The Empress gave me a year, and after that, I need to make a decision,” Sana explained seeing the agony in Mina’s eyes. “A year? To

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter