Never Give Up

Lunar Academy ☾ Tennis Team - Discontinued

"Coach, I hate you," Kyungmin complained, panting after their warm-up jogs. "You're going all Spartan on us."

"What happens on court stays on court," Jinjung replied.

"Kyungmin's right Coach. We had a break period you know? Lighten up a bit," Sehun agreed. "And where's Vice Captain? Why isn't he practicing with us?"

"He got ran over by a car," Kris informed, rolling his eyes. "Idiot's in the hospital. He'll be back next week."

"At this rate, he'll be replaced as Vice Captain," Jinjung stated simply. "Daniel is quite competent and doesn't lack motivation."

"Well, a good Vice Captain does need good leadership and motivation," Jongkyu agreed, tilting his head to the side. Jinjung raised an eyebrow before turning to the entire team.

"Pair up and practice smashes."

The team groaned. The Coach was so going Sparta.

...xXx...

"Here are the results from this month's tournament. For those of you who didn't get into a string, it up and improve," Jinjung advised. The team members' smiles faltered. Strict and simple to the end. "First string includes Wu Yifan, Ahn Daniel, LeNoir Youngjae, Lee Jihoon, Park Chanyeol, Oh Sehun, and Xi Luhan. Second string includes Choi Jaehyun, Kim Sunggyu, Yong Junhyung, Park Kyungmin, Huang Zitao, Park Jongkyu, and Park Kangdae. Third string includes-"

He continued to list members until finally he was done. He looked up at the crowd.

"Any questions? None? Dismissed."

The students left, some complaining and others congratulating. He walked into his office, sorting papers at his desk.

"Man, you're going to scare the transfers," a familiar voice commented lazily. "And why wasn't I on the list?"

"You've been out. You missed the tournament Bang Minsoo," Jinjung stated simply, not bothering to face the male. "If you heal properly, you'll be in time to compete next tournament."

"That's true," the male agreed.

"Not upset?" Jinjung questioned.

"Not really," Minsoo answered. "Should I?"

"Go rest Minsoo," Jinjung ordered, ignoring his question. "You're always slacking off during practice because you're tired. Take your time to rest now."

Minsoo smirked once more before disappearing. Jinjung sighed before leaving to go see Solar Academy's Tennis Team's Captain.

...xXx...

"Hit the showers boys," Jinjung dismissed finally. The players grumbled and talked amongst themselves, relieved after a long, randomly tough day of training.

"Hey Jin-Oppa!~" a familiar, high voice called out. Jongkyu visibly cringed.

"Junhi what are you here for now?" he asked, turning red from the stares directed on his back.

"Aw darn. Came too early to visit the boy's locker room," she joked, laughing at his flustered face.

"Junhi," Jinjung greeted, walking over. "Anything I can do for you today?"

"Jin-Oppa, as good looking as always!" Junhi squealed. "I came because the Captain of the Tennis Team wanted to compare notes with you."

"Give me an hour," Jinjung replied shortly.

"Walk me to the gate?" Junhi requested. 

"As always," Jinjung stated simply, sounding amused.

"Is your sister always like that?" Hyunseung questioned. Jongkyu jumped at his sudden appearance.

"Yeah. She's as rambunctious as always," Jongkyu commented, putting on a small smile.

"Hmm...I see," Hyunseung mumbled before walking into the locker room. Jongkyu breathed a sigh of relief when he left.

...xXx...

"Umm...I'm not sure if this is rude, but why does the Student-Coach always watch us change?" Niel asked, shifting uncomfortably as the said male let his eyes roam the room. 

"Oh right, you don't know since you're a transfer," Kyungmin recalled, smiling sheepishly. "See, Jinjung-Sunbae has a cool ability. When he looks at our bodies, he can see stats."

"He sees stats?" Niel repeated, blinking with surprise and confusion.

"It sounds weird, but it's actually true," Kangdae broke in. "That's why he asked the team to strip the first day."

"Doesn't he ever find it...weird? Embarrassing at least?" Niel questioned uncomfortably.

"Well, it's not like he wants to look at our bodies for stats," Kyungmin snorted, holding back a chuckle. "He's uncomfortable with skinship half the time. Hugging you on the first day wasn't the easiest thing for him to do but he did it since you were uncomfortable."

"Oh," Niel stated simply. It seemed there was more to the Student-Coach then he thought.

...xXx...

"Sorry for getting you caught up in my prank last time," Jongdae apologized. "If it makes you feel better, Jung-Hyung chewed me out."

"It doesn't matter now," Jaehyun dismissed simply, pulling off his shirt without care. Jongdae whistled, making Jaehyun raise an eyebrow.

"You better watch out man. The Academy is known for gay students," Jongdae advised.

"So?" Jaehyun questioned, giving a stiff smile. "Unless it's someone I like, their ual preference isn't in my interests."

Jongdae smiled.

"I like you," he declared, wrapping an arm around still-shirtless-Jaehyun. He turned to him seriously. "Oh, and I'm biual by the way."

Jaehyun blinked. 

"I didn't say I liked you," he stated straight-forwardly, pulling on his shirt and pushing off Jongdae's intruding arm in one movement.

Jongdae laughed.

"I like you," he repeated with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "So I'm going to make you fall for me."

Jaehyun said nothing, but silently, he wondered what sort of trouble he'd be involved in now.

...xXx...

"Man, Coach is really pushing us hard," Woohyun complained, stretching. 

"Well, I just think that watching you guys suffer is entertaining," Sungjae joked, not in a specific sports team.

"Shut up," Woohyun teased, playfully smacking the younger on the shoulder. "I want to see you suffer a day of our training."

"No thanks," Sungjae declined. 

"We all know that Sungjae would die," Kangdae joked, wrapping an arm around both of them.

"Share the sweat!" Woohyun declared, hugging Sungjae.

"I don't want your Nam-Grease Woo-Hyung," Sungjae complained though he laughed.

"Hey Woohyun. Do me a favor," Sunggyu called out, struggling under the weight of a couch.

"Gyu-Hyung, you're crazy for doing this by yourself you Grandpa," Woohyun shouted back, walking leisurely over to assist him.

"Have fun with your boyfriend!" Sungjae screamed loudly at the duo before running off.

"Hey! Sungjae you're dead later!" Woohyun threatened. Kangdae laughed. His friends were so childish. 

A male, shorter than him but just as lean, walked up to him and Kangdae raised an eyebrow.

"May I please speak to Kangdae-Sunbae alone?" the male pleaded.

"Good luck with this idiotic Hyung," Sungjae snorted and walked away, recognizing the situation.

"Please go out with me," the male requested, clasping Kangdae's hands in his own. 

"You know...right?" Kangdae questioned shortly. The male nodded in silence.

"Then sure," Kangdae easily agreed, smiling. "What's your name?"

...xXx...

"Spying Minseok?"

"N-Not at all!" the male declared, turning around quickly. "-Jinjung-Hyung."

"It doesn't really matter," Jinjung excused, smiling lightly. "Don't be so flustered. Kangdae's known for this."

"Accepting random confessions?" Minseok guessed.

"Every week," Jinjung added. He continued, seeing Minseok's surprised expression. "He accepts a confession and dumps them in a week. Most people would be seen as playboys or jerks, but none of the people - girls or boys - are shallow nor do they complain about him at all afterwards." 

Minseok recognized the tone.

"You don't approve?" Minseok assumed. "But...you get along with him so well on court?"

"What happens on the court, stays on the court," Jinjung stated simply. "...And truthfully, I'd rather he not be on the tennis court either. I'll see you later Minseok."

With that, he left, leaving Minseok to ponder his words.

...xXx...

Authors Notes

Slow to update, sorry. Comment. I'm not quite sure, to be honest, where I'm going with this just yet, but I'm working on it slowly in between AP homework.