All Night Long

Secretly Living With You

I sighed in relief that a kpop idol was finally found. However, that didn’t stop me from wondering if the kidnapper was still out there. Why wasn’t there any news on an arrest? Did he just happen to wander back to his company or something?

I shook my head, trying to shake the thoughts out of my head. Right now, the most important thing was finding Bacon and bringing him back. I hoped with all of my heart that he wasn’t hurt.

“So what are you doing out here at three in the morning?”

I was so lost in my thoughts that I totally forgot that Minwoo was there.

“I lost my cat.” I looked down in shame and embarrassment.

“Oh you mean the cat I saw at the park? The one that didn’t really like me?” He laughed at that, as if it was a funny memory to him.

“I guess…” Minwoo was a nice guy and all, but I really had to find Bacon. Every second spent standing there, he’s slowly getting further away from me.

“Listen, Minwoo, I’d love to stay and chat, but I really have to find him.”

“Well why don’t I help you out? I woke up for a morning jog so I guess I can jog while looking for a cat. Did I mention that I’m a pro multitasker?”

He grinned, showing his pearly whites, and I couldn’t help but offer a small smile in return.

We decided to split up in different directions and then meet at the center of park after an hour. I hoped that I’d find Bacon before that hour was up.

--

An hour was over before I knew it and I found myself walking dejectedly towards the center of the park. I had looked up trees, behind bushes, and anywhere else a cat could hide, but he was nowhere to be found.

“Kaili! Over here!”

I looked up to see Minwoo waving his hand frantically.

“Did you find him?”

“No… But I did find something you might find interesting. And creepy.”

Curious, I followed him as he walked a ways back into the park. After a few twists and turns here and there, we found ourselves in another open spot. This area was a bit more secluded but there weren’t any trees blocking the night sky, illuminating the ground with the brightness of the moon.

“It’s over there.”

I looked to where his finger was pointing and saw that dirt had been moved around, as though someone was trying to draw something on the ground.

I walked over to see it from a different angle and gasped.

On the ground was a crudely drawn heart.

Inside that heart, my name was written.

Beside my name was a paw print.

A cat paw print.

--

I was feeling slightly creeped out because the only possible reason I could come up with was absolutely absurd. It couldn’t be true. It was impossible.

“So… I think your cat did this.”

I looked at Minwoo with a shocked look on my face. I guess we had been thinking the same thing. Good thing I’m not the only crazy one.

“Minwoo, I don’t know if you know this, but I don’t think cats can spell names.”

“Maybe your cat is a magical cat.” He grinned at this, but saw my blank expression and his smile quickly disappeared.

“Gah, I don’t even know. Maybe this is all just a bad dream. Pinch me.”

“As you wish.” He pinched me really hard on the cheek.

“Ouch! That hurt!”

“You said to pinch you!”

“But you didn’t have to do it so hard!”

“You’re tired. Go home and sleep and we can go look for him in the morning. Do you have your cellphone on you?”

“Yeah why?”

“Let me see it.”

I grabbed my cellphone out of my pocket and handed it to you. He punched some numbers in and gave it back.

“Here’s my number. Contact me if you need anything.”

I smiled as he waved goodbye and left. Before I started heading back to my apartment, I decided to take a picture of the drawing on the ground, only because I was curious.

I walked back to my apartment and took my shoes off at the door. Tired from all of the running, I made a cup of tea and sat down on my couch. Already missing my Bacon, I took out my phone and looked at the picture of the heart. I couldn’t shake off the feeling that maybe Minwoo was right, and I did have a magical cat.

And then I decided I was going crazy and that I just needed to sleep. After drinking the rest of my tea, I made myself comfortable on the couch and once again drifted off to sleep.

--

When I woke up around eight in the morning, I had a crick in my neck for sleeping in a strange position. Yawning, I moved my neck around to loosen it up while walking over to the kitchen to make some coffee. Realizing that my cat still hadn’t come back, I decided to call Minwoo to ask if he’d help me look for him again.

After calling him with no one answering, I shot him a text asking if he’d meet me at the park at nine to see if maybe there was something we missed in the darkness of the early morning.

I my TV once again to find the morning news reporting about Byun Baekhyun once again. They were holding a short interview with him and I felt sorry for the poor guy, having to do interviews right after he got back.

I watched and noticed a familiar twinkle in his bright eyes, but I quickly brushed it off. It was probably just my imagination.

After the interview was over, I changed into my hot pink running shorts and my matching sports bra before grabbing my keys and phone and walking out the door. Before I could take a step, I noticed something on the ground by the door. It was a piece of paper with something scribbled on it.

Curious, I picked it up and almost dropped it as soon as I read the contents.

Kaili, if you want to see me again, please come to this address at noon. I’ll explain everything.

Beneath it was an address and a map. How thoughtful.

But what shocked me the most was the name at the end.

Your Bacon.