Stray Cat

Secretly Living With You

 

This was getting ridiculous. The shipping I had ordered a month ago still hadn’t come! What am I supposed to do about the new gallery? I paced back and forth trying to figure out what had gone wrong. After my feet started to hurt, I sat down and called a few of my employees asking if anything had gone wrong with the order, which just resulted in more frustration. Just as I was about to get up and grab a quick cup of coffee, my phone rang.

“This is Kaili Wang. What can I do for you?”

“Yes, hello Ms. Wang. I am calling to inform you that there has been a delay in the order.”

“Why? What happened?”

“I’m not entirely sure. But the next shipping should come in about the next 3 months. We have to replace all of the paintings. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.”

Without thinking. I hung up the phone. The day couldn’t possibly get any worse. But then again, who was I to say what the day’s going to turn out to be?

 

Typing up some final information on my mac, I finally logged out and put on my coat.

“I’m going home now, Julie! Just lock up when you’re finished!” Even though I found most of my employees incompetent, I could always rely on Julie. She was seriously the best secretary of all time. Waving goodbye, I stepped into the elevator and pulled out my cell phone.

“Hey, Yixing, I can’t meet up with you today. I’m so sorry. There was a problem with the shipping and I have to get that fixed. I’m so sorry. I’ll make it up to you, I promise.”

I felt really bad. This was the nth time I’ve had to ditch Yixing because of work. I knew it wasn’t long before our relationship would end, but I really couldn’t help it. Art had become my passion and I couldn’t just give it up for something called “love”. Heck, I doubted what Yixing and I had could even be counted as such.

I sighed. Tonight would be a long night.

 

I parked until my designated parking spot in front of my apartment and proceeded towards the password locked door. Right as I was about the punch in the code, a small shadow whisked past the corner of my eye. I whipped around, only to see a small pair of glowing eyes from the bushes. To be honest, it was a bit creepy, but I knew it was cat. There were many stray cats in this part of Seoul.

I was about to turn back to the door when something struck me.

The cat didn’t have yellow glowing eyes. They were white. Almost human-like.

Slowly, I stepped towards the little creature with a hand outstretched.

“Hey kitty cat, I’m not going to hurt you. Come on out.”

Reluctantly, the cat stepped out from its hiding place, and I gasped. It was the most beautiful gray tabby I had ever seen.

Slowly, but surely, the cat lifted its paw and put it on my hand.

I was shocked.

Normally, cats wouldn’t act like this, but I was surprised at how open this one was. Carefully, I picked him up, punched in the code, and entered the apartment. Pets weren’t allowed in this building, but I couldn’t help it. I felt like this was just too special.

When I got to my room, I let the cat down on the sofa and went into the kitchen to grab some milk. When I came back, he was lying down on the pillow, watching me. And I knew it was a male because… yeah.

I set the bowl down and watched as he came over to me. It was actually quite amazing how quickly he had opened up to me. Quickly realizing I had no cat food, I quickly ran out the door to the nearby convenience store. Luckily, they had some cat food and I quickly ran back to my apartment.

Pouring the contents into another bowl, I watched as he happily ate. I reached over to him behind the ears before I noticed that he had no collar. Although I had already thought of the possibility of him being a stray, that meant he had no name. I looked around my apartment trying to think of cat names when my eyes landed on the sack of cat food. The very bottom stated that it was bacon flavored.

“Hey, Bacon.”

The cat looked up at me and I smiled.

“It looks like you like that huh? Alright, welcome home, Bacon.”

 


 

Yayyyyy finished my first chapter. Comment and tell me what you think!