Where The Heart Belongs

Once Love, Twice Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She stayed in his arms for a long minute. Honestly he didn't know what else he could do other than giving her a warm hug. It felt wrong to 'celebrate' Ji Hyo's freedom from marrying Ji Hoon, although he was thankful for their breakup. It has been the moment he waited for, yet to take advantage on the situation would make him a bad guy. Knowing the pain that she went through in their past relationship has already left a 'scar' in her memories, so the least he could hope for was to regain Ji Hyo's trust and affection like she had given to him before.

 

"Mianhae. I wish there's something I can do," he whispered, which immediately made Ji Hyo stared at him with big eyes. Jong Kook's lost his words when she suddenly said, "Oppa.. I think I know what I need to do to get Ji Hoon back." When Jong Kook gave her a blank face, Ji Hyo held his hand and made an unexpected request, "But I need your help. If I can prove that I no longer have a feeling for you.. maybe he would take me back. So let me kiss you."

 

Before he could do anything, her lips were already invaded his. But it was a very quick one as she immediately detached herself from him, "See? I don't feel anything. That's a relief! I have to tell Ji Hoon now." Jong Kook quickly stopped Ji Hyo from leaving by pulling her back to his side, "Maybe you weren't kissing right. Let's try again." With hands cupping her face, Jong Kook gently approached her lips and kissed Ji Hyo passionately. He transferred all of his feelings and love for her as much as possible through that one kiss. He knew she felt them too the moment she returned his affection and kissed him back. Their eyes were naturally closed as they sank deeper into their emotion that last for a long minute.

 

Slowly she began to open her eyes and looked deeply into his. For a moment, they exchanged stare without saying a word. He then smiled, "That's how we kissed the one we love. Can you feel me, Ji Hyo?". Jong Kook took her right hand and placed it against his chest, "My heart was fluttering because of you. Not just when we kissed.. but for every second when I'm with you. I know you've felt me too. Somewhere deep inside my Ji Hyo is waiting for me to release her from the 'cage' that imprisoned her heart. So don't be afraid to set yourself free now, my love. Cause I'm already here. I'm always here and I'm not going anywhere."

 

Ji Hyo was terrified by the truth in Jong Kook's words. Just as he said, she felt him. She was not sure if that was love, but it was strong enough to take her mind off Ji Hoon. That made her retreated from Jong Kook and refused to acknowledge her own feeling, "No.. no. That's not it. It can't be. I love Ji Hoon. When we kissed.. I was vulnerable. I was hurt because Ji Hoon and I just broke up. But then you.. you took advantage of me. How could you oppa?!"

 

"I know it must be confusing for you, my love.."

She would not let him finished his sentence, "Don't call me that! I'm not your love anymore. You should leave before I.."

"You said you wanted to prove that you no longer love me, didn't you?" Jong Kook was able to get her attention again. He paused for a second before continued, "So what are you afraid of? Love is not something tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter