Knowing The Truth

Once Love, Twice Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were many places to choose from, yet he felt more comfortable to meet up with Ji Hoon at a bar near to the gym they used to visit together as friends. Not that he was ready to get drunk, especially as an 'ambassador' of healthy lifestyle, but he knew it would be the best place to have man-to-man talk with Ji Hoon. Surrounded by people and music, the environment might be helpful in reducing the awkwardness between them later.

 

"Sorry I'm late. Got some work to do," Ji Hoon immediately apologized as he arrived at the table. Jong Kook smiled and invited him to take a seat. After ordering a drink for himself, Ji Hoon began the conversation, "I was surprised you wanted to meet me here. I thought you hated this place?". Jong Kook giggled, "I still do, but I'd like to change the atmosphere since we're no longer in college. This place has it's own vibe, you know? Like.. reminding how both of us are adults now."

 

Ji Hoon nodded. His eyes were trying to read Jong Kook's mind. Ji Hoon knew there were meaning behind his words when the muscular guy mentioned about being an adult, yet it was hard to decipher the message. "I'm going to marry Ji Hyo soon," not sure why he said that, but it suddenly slipped from his mouth. Ji Hoon was nervous as he waited for Jong Kook to respond, but seemed like the man was not affected by his sudden confession. Instead, Jong Kook was smiling, "Jeongmal? That's good. I guess we have a reason to drink today." Then he poured the liquor into Ji Hoon's glass, "Aren't you going to invite me to your wedding?"

 

"Will you attend?" Ji Hoon asked nonchalantly. Jong Kook replied with a laugh. He patted on Ji Hoon's shoulder, "You're one lucky guy, my brother. She's a real treasure. I know that.. because I once loved her." Ji Hoon sensed the change in Jong Kook's tone. He could tell that the muscular guy was hiding the pain in his heart with a smile, but it was obviously a fake one.

 

The men were in silence for about a minute, as both of them trying to regulate their mind. The conversation became difficult when the topic was on Ji Hyo, although they knew that was the reason that brought them together. "Hyung," Ji Hoon wanted to say something, but he was hesitated. Ji Hoon gulped his drink in one shot and refilled his glass with liquor. Seeing how the man reacted, Jong Kook asked if he was okay.

 

When Ji Hoon nodded, Jong Kook moved on to his next question, "Don't take it wrong, my brother.. but I'm just curious. How did Ji Hyo fall in love with you?". Ji Hoon was startled by Jong Kook's words. His eyes were avoiding the man sitting in front of him as he let out a heavy sigh. To calm himself, Ji Hoon drank another glass of liquor. It took him a while to gather his courage to say, "She's not. I made her think she is."

 

"Mwo? How? Why?" bullets of questions were shot by Jong Kook.

Ji Hoon responded, "Which one should I answer first?"

"All of them. Be honest with me. What did you do?"

"Hey.. why don't we order some food first cause I'm starving. I heard they served the best chicken wings.."

"Yaa! Can't we just focus on our conversation here?!" Jong Kook's shouting was a clear warning that he could not wait any longer for the answer.

Ji Hoon took a deep breath then spoke in lower voice, "I.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter