The End For Us

Once Love, Twice Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"But that means I will not get to see you again.. isn't it?"

 

There was no reply from Ji Hyo. He could see that she was holding her tears while avoiding his stare. That was how he knew her answer would not be favorable to him. Nevertheless, Joong Ki could not blame Ji Hyo should she unable to forgive him there and then. Anyone would have agreed that he deserved her hatred for his wrongdoings. Still, Joong Ki hoped that someday, fate will bring them closer to each other since they have a 'connection' that bonded them forever - the little life that he had 'planted' within the woman he loved.

 

After an awkward silence, slowly he got up from his knees and sat next to her, "Noona, If I can choose.. I really want to stay by your side and raise our baby together.. just like a true family." He then placed his hand gently on her belly, "But I know you and Jong Kook hyung will make better parents for our child. That's all that matters to me now." She wiped her teary eyes and forced a smile, "To be honest, I haven't told Jong Kook oppa about it."

 

"Waeyo? Are you afraid that he will leave you if he found out that you.. pregnant?"

"Maybe.. or maybe I shouldn't bothered him with a responsibility that is not his."

"Noona.. when a man truly loves a woman, he wouldn't let you go through this struggle alone. He will stand by you through thick and thin. He will not judge you especially when it wasn't even your fault."

"You're probably right. But don't worry, Joong Ki. Even if I have to do this all by myself.. I will never neglect my own child. I will do everything that I can to be the best mother for the baby. He or she will grow up to be a great and wonderful person."

 

"Just like the mother," he smiled as he stared into her eyes. Then he took a deep breath before he said, "Geurae. I will consider your request to turn myself in.. but for now, I need to rest a little." She nodded and stood up from the bed. "Alright, then I should make a move.." he immediately hold her hand before she finished her sentence. With hopeful eyes, he made a request, "Stay here.. please?". When she was hesitated, he continued to plead, "This could be for the last time, so will you stay in my arm for a little while?"

 

At his request, Ji Hyo laid by his side and rested her head on his arm while he wrapped his other arm around her body. She didn't realize when did she fell asleep or for how long, but the moment she woke up, Joong Ki was already gone. There was a letter on his pillow:

Dear Ji Hyo noona,

I'm sorry for leaving without saying goodbye. It was too unbearable for me to say it, when my heart was still hoping that this was just a nightmare and I will soon wake up from my bad dream. Sadly, it's not. Anyway, you won't be seeing me for a long time noona, cause as you wish.. I'm turning myself in. But I do not want you to see me in handcuffed, so I choose to do this quietly and surrender myself to the police. Last but not least, I hope you will not be alone in raising our child, cause that would break my heart since I will not be able to be there for you and our baby. Forgive me for everything, but forget me not. Till we meet again.. saranghaeyo, my pretty noona.

From the man who loves you forever,

Song Joong Ki.

 

She cried after reading his letter. Somehow Ji Hyo was affected by his words, but at the same time she was glad that Joong Ki made the right decision to accept punishment for his crime. Deep in her heart, she prayed for the young man to be given the strength to go through his hard time and to receive lighter punishment since he was her saviour from the evil Ji Hoon. Although she did not mention it, Ji Hyo already forgave the father of her child and decided to move on to the next chapter of life.

 

She finally arrived at Jong Kook mansion around 5pm and surprisingly, the man of the house was already waiting for her at the living room. "I thought you would only be gone for a while?" he began to question her for being home late. She smiled and took a seat on the couch next to him, "Mian oppa. I took the opportunity to settle something while I'm out. But.. why are you back early?"

 

"I just received an info from the police. Joong Ki has turned himself in."

"That's good to know."

"You don't seem to be surprised?"

"I don't  have to. I know he will make a right decision.. which has to do with something that I'm about to tell you."

"What is it?"

Ji Hyo was slightly nervous to answer, "I.. I haven't told you everything about the doctor's report."

"Omo.. were you hurt? Is there anything that I should be concerned of?" Jong Kook became anxious when she took a while to explain to him.

"Oppa.. I.. I'm.. pregnant," she finally revealed her 'd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter