Insanity

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think you are magnificent.” Sooyoung said with small courage, not caring how it might sound, because she knew the woman knew anyway. Tiffany just smiled. “I’m assuming you are just trying to be kind.” Tiffany added, repeated the exact same thing Sooyoung said earlier to her.  

Sooyoung just smiled shyly as she ate her soup politely. Then suddenly Tiffany’s phone rang and she immediately opened her handbag to look at the caller. It was Nickhun.

“I’m so sorry.” Tiffany apologized. “My ex-husband just couldn’t leave me in peace.” Tiffany said as she rejected the call. Sooyoung didn’t say anything. Then the both of them went silent. Sooyoung felt like they both were waiting for the other to speak, yet the silence was not an awkward one.

“What’s your story Choi Sooyoung?” Tiffany asked softly as she again ran her fingers through her hair. Sooyoung loved when she did that. “Do you live alone? With your parents?” Tiffany added. Before Sooyoung knew it, she had told the woman her life story. But not in detail. Just a rough idea, like how she had been practically living alone ever since her parents passed away 8 years ago, And then how Siwon came into the picture.

“So you are living with him now?” Tiffany asked calmly. “Not really. But he likes to come around.” Sooyoung replied. “I see.”

Tiffany looked at her watch and saw the time was almost 1.30PM. “Oh my, I need to send you back to work.” She was in shock.

“No no, it’s fine.” Sooyoung quickly said. She just didn’t give a damn about work anymore. “If you don’t mind me asking, what about you? I mean your story.” Sooyoung asked in an awkward tone. She wanted to be as confident and calm as the woman in front of her but she just failed.

“Nothing much actually.” Tiffany smiled before she sipped her glass of water. “Give me something.” Sooyoung said. Tiffany just chuckled. “Well, married for 8 years, divorced last year, and have a 7year old daughter.” Tiffany summarized her life in just one sentence.

“I’m sorry about your marriage.” Sooyoung apologized.

“Don’t be.” Tiffany smiled as she pat on Sooyoung’s arm that was on the table. “We fell out long before it ended.” Tiffany continued. “If it was not because of Emily, it would have ended sooner.”

“Emily is your daughter?” Sooyoung asked.

“Yes.” Tiffany muttered.

It’s a nice name.” Sooyoung smiled. “Do you have any plans for Christmas Eve?” Tiffany asked. “Hmm..  Other than I have to work, nothing really in particular.” Sooyoung answered. “Aww poor girl.” Tiffany smiled after hearing that Sooyoung had to work tomorrow.

“I’ll take you for dinner. You shouldn’t be alone on Christmas Eve,” Tiffany suggested and then again, she ran her fingers through the side of her hair. Sooyoung was enthralled every time she did that.  

“You don’t have too. It’s a long drive.” Sooyoung refused. “And I don’t want to bother you. You must have plans on your own.”

“I’ll be alone as well Choi Sooyoung.” Tiffany said calmly. Sooyoung just couldn’t stop admiring the woman’s beauty, elegance and grace. Sooyoung thought that Tiffany was just one of a kind.

Tiffany dropped her back at the bookstore after they had lunch and it was around 2.45PM. Mrs Lim was beyond furious, but Sooyoung just couldn’t care less. She had the best day. The best day of her life. She had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter