Jealous + Worried

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I just don’t get it why you are so interested with the girl..” Taeyeon sighed. “It’s like one day you met her in a bookstore and now she’s staying at your house? Seriously what is up with that?” Taeyeon added. As much as she tried to understand what was running through Tiffany’s mind, she just couldn’t.

“It’s just weird.” Taeyeon commented again.

“I don’t expect you to understand Tae.” Tiffany said looking at her friend. “She makes me feel something that I haven’t been feeling for the longest of time.” Tiffany tried to explain. “She makes me feel peace.”

“You just miss Emily. Once she’s back you’ll be fine Tiff.” Taeyeon muttered before she poured more wine into her glass. “You don’t need some stranger living in your house to make yourself companied.” Taeyeon was trying to talk things out.

“You have me. I’m always with here with you throughout this time. And I will always be here for you.” Taeyeon then held on Tiffany’s hand. “I know.” Tiffany mumbled slowly. Taeyeon then put her glass on top of the kitchen counter and moved closer to her friend.

“I know the divorce still affects you in so many ways, and then there’s the court hearing..” Taeyeon mumbled softly. She held on Tiffany’s cheek gently. Everything Taeyeon said was true. As much as she tried to deny it, tried to be okay, she was just still struggling with everything that happened in her life for the past a year.

“I know it’s been hard..” Taeyeon said.

“Let me in please.” Taeyeon mumbled softly before she kissed Tiffany’s cheek gently. Then she started planted kisses all over Tiffany’s face and then she slowly went for her lips. It had been so long since Tiffany last kissed someone so surprisingly she responded the kiss.

But as soon as she came back to her senses, she softly pulled away. “Tae..” Tiffany mumbled softly. “Please.. Let me make you happy again.” Taeyeon confessed as their face were so close to each other.

“Tae.. I’m sorry..” Tiffany apologized. Taeyeon just stared at her face intently. “I’m really sorry.” Tiffany apologized again while a tear fell down on her face. “It’s okay baby.” Taeyeon hugged her friend gently.

30th December, 11AM, 6°C

 Sooyoung woke up quite late that morning. The day was even colder than yesterday. Sooyoung walked out of her room and realized how quiet the house was. She then looked at Tiffany’s room which was just in front of her room, and saw the woman was not inside her room.

“I guess she’s already awake.” Sooyoung thought to herself. Then she went downstairs to check on her cats. She saw Mrs Kim had already fed all three of her cats and the cats were all chilling lazily in the kitchen. Mrs Kim on the other hand was outside looking at her indoor plants.

Sooyoung decided to go outside the house. “Eh Ms Sooyoung, its cold out here!” Mrs Kim noticed Sooyoung was outside only wearing a cardigan. “I’m fine.” Sooyoung crossed her arms trying to make herself warm.

She then sat on a bench outside. “Where’s Tiffany?” Sooyoung asked.

“She went out with Ms Taeyeon early in the morning. She didn’t want to wake you up.” Mrs Kim informed.

“Did she tell where she went?” Sooyoung asked.

“Hmm not really.” Mrs Kim replied.

*****

The time was almost 4.30PM and both Tiffany and Taeyeon were still not home. Sooyoung was somehow getting worried. She texted the woman a few times but sadly there were no replies. Tiffany would always tell her whereabouts whenever she would want to go anywhere.

Apart from being so worried, she was also bored. She had been in the house for the whole day doing nothing. At the time she was in the kitchen with Leo on her lap. “Mrs Kim, is it difficult to go to the city center from here?” Sooyoung asked Mrs Kim who was making some tea.

“The easiest Ms Sooyoung.” Mrs Kim smiled. “There’s actually a bus that will take you to the nearest metro.” Mrs Kim explained. “Really?” Sooyoung asked back. She felt like exploring the city that evening since Tiffany was so busy with her friend.

“What if I wanna go to Gangnam? Is it far from here?” Sooyoung asked.

“Once you get to Bangcheon metro station, you can get to Gangnam easily.” Mrs Kim explained again. “The Seoul Metropolitan Subway is quite big. Just get the map. You will be fine. Go explore the city Ms Sooyoung, you won’t regret it.” She smiled.

“Well, I should get ready then!” Sooyoung smiled. She quickly went upstairs to her room to get ready. It would be her first time going to the city alone. It was terrifying yet exci

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter