Happiness

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 13th April, 9.45am, 14°C

“Are you okay?” Taeyeon asked Tiffany who was clearly in her own world. Both of them were downstairs at the lobby of Korean Herald. The building was not that huge, only 5 floors and Kyung Ho’s editorial department was at the 4th floor. The girl at the lobby had informed Kyung Ho earlier about their arrival and the guy would be coming down shortly.

 Tiffany didn’t expect herself to be there. She had to lie to Nickhun asking the guy to drop him at Taeyeon’s early that morning saying that Taeyeon had invited her to an event at Simon & Schuster. She was trying so hard to stay calm and compose about the idea of meeting Sooyoung again.

“Yes I am. But I’m not really comfortable that we’re lying to the guy.” Tiffany whispered slowly. “Can you please relax?” Taeyeon responded as if she knew what she was doing. Well in fact, she didn’t. Her mission that morning was just to get Sooyoung to see Tiffany again and that was all.

“I’m not sure about this Tae.. Let’s just go.” Tiffany let out a long sigh before she tried to drag her friend out from the building. She was really nervous. “We’re not gonna go! We’re already here!” Taeyeon responded back.

“Ms Kim?” Suddenly they heard a voice from behind. Both of them turned around and saw a tall guy was standing in front of them. “Hey..” Taeyeon quickly greeted the guy. “We’ve met before right?” He asked with a smile.

“Yes we did. Last year in Singapore.” Taeyeon smiled.

“Yes yes. Advanced Writing Workshop.” Kyung Ho nodded his head. “Anyway, this is my associate, Tiffany Hwang. She’s the Artistic Director at the National Theatre of Korea.” Taeyeon introduced Tiffany to him.

“Oh my really? I am an admirer of the theatres.” Kyung Ho offered Tiffany a handshake and she returned it with a smile. “I heard nothing but good things from our National Theatre. The work you do there is just beyond incredible.” Kyung Ho said.

“Thank you. You are so kind.” Tiffany replied calmly. Kyung Ho on the other hand was feeling so eager and excited with the fact that two representatives coming from such big organizations were there to hold a meeting with him. He expected amazing things that day for his editorial department.

“Shall we?” Kyung Ho asked softly to the both of them.

The three of them went inside the lift and made their way to the fifth floor. Tiffany was trying so hard to remain calm but deep down she was about to explode. The moment the lift was opened, Tiffany could see that the department was a quite big and there were many busy people around the floor doing their work.

At that point, she just couldn’t contain her feelings anymore. She needed a breather before she could actually laid eyes with the girl.

“Hmm excuse me. Where is the restroom?” Tiffany asked Kyung Ho as they stepped out from the lift. “Oh just walk straight and it’s on your left. You wouldn’t miss it.” Kyung Ho smiled. She was having mixed feelings at the time. There was nothing she wanted more than to see Sooyoung again, but she feared that the girl might discard her off. She knew she had hurt Sooyoung’s feelings and there was nothing she could do to take it back.

“Are you okay?” Taeyeon whispered to her closely.

“Yes I am. Just start the meeting, I’ll be in shortly.” Tiffany faked a smiled. “The meeting room is just over there.” Kyung Ho pointed to a room that was just across the floor. Tiffany nodded her head and then she excused herself to go to the restroom.

She quickly entered the restroom and the moment she went in, she felt her heart just skipped a beat. She felt like she couldn’t breathe at the time. She finally saw the person that she had been wanting to see was standing right there in front of her. Sooyoung was washing her hands at the sink at the time and didn’t actually notice that she was standing there frozen looking at her.

Tiffany held her chest and she could feel her heart was beating so fast. “Soo..” She mumbled slowly and the girl turned to look at her.

Sooyoung was terribly shocked to see Tiffany was there. The woman of her dreams was standing right in front of her. She was still as stunning and elegant as she could remember. 

“Soo..” Tiffany mumbled softly and braved herself to take the first step forward to the girl. Sooyoung seemed different, she looked even more beautiful as before. The way she dressed up was also different and Tiffany loved how mature she seemed now.

“Hey..” Tiffany started to speak up as she tried to walk slowly towards the girl. Sooyoung didn’t say a word back. But as Tiffany was getting closer to her, she took a step back and Tiffany just stopped.

“How did you find me?” Sooyoung muttered sl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter