7 Months

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19th December, 2.30pm, 2°C

Sooyoung was sitting on a bench overlooking the book store she used to work a year ago. It definitely had brought so many memories even though she only worked there for a short amount of time. She had a smile on her face the moment she saw the most ugly annoying supervisor ever, Mrs Lim through the glass window of the bookstore. She could still remember how the woman drove her nuts when she was there.

As she was looking at the bookstore, suddenly the person she had been waiting for the last 15 minutes finally exited the bookstore. She stood up from the bench and waved at the person with a smile.

“Oh my god Choi Sooyoung! Is that you??” The person asked excitedly after she had crossed the street and walked towards her.

“Hi Yoona, it’s really good to see you.” Sooyoung smiled before they gave each other a hug.

“You look so different!!” Yoona exclaimed excitedly. The last time she had seen Sooyoung was a year ago. She didn’t expect Sooyoung to quit after the Christmas holidays. So to be able to see the girl again was exciting for her.

“I don’t look different.” Sooyoung smiled back. Then the both of them linked their arms tightly and walked along the street. It was freezing cold that afternoon and even though they were wearing thick clothes, the coldness was still affecting them.

“I was really surprised that you called me. I didn’t think you would still remember me!” Yoona exclaimed while they were walking. “I’m sorry for going missing on you.” Sooyoung said softly. “Yes, you should be sorry. But knowing that you went to London with Siwon makes me feel a bit okay.” Yoona replied.

“What? Who told you that?” Sooyoung asked as they stopped and looked at each other.

“Siwon did.” Yoona revealed. “He said you’ll be going on a 3months trip to London.” Yoona added.

“What?” Sooyoung was surprised to hear it. “And I was wondering why you didn’t call me when you got back. I thought maybe you had gotten married or something.” Yoona replied.

“Yoon, I didn’t go to London with him! I broke up with him last year around this time.” Sooyoung informed as they went inside a café. Yoona only had an hour lunch break that day so they just chose somewhere near to the bookstore. Yoona had been promoted to a supervisor at the customer service department after more than a year working there.

“What?? Then where did you go??” Yoona exclaimed weirdly. They sat at a table near the window and ordered themselves hot drinks.

“It’s a long a story. But I was actually in London the last 7 months. I just got back in town last night.” Sooyoung smiled.

“What were you doing there?” Yoona clearly had a lot of questions. “Where did you get all the money to be there that long?” Yoona asked another question.

Sooyoung told Yoona everything that had happened the past one year and Yoona found it hard to believe that her innocent friend went through all that because of a woman.

“You first met her at the bookstore you said?” Yoona asked. Sooyoung just nodded her head with a smile.

“Oh man.. You’re so lucky.” Yoona smiled back. “So are you working now?” She went on to ask another question.

“I just finished a writing internship program in one of a private company in London.” Sooyoung revealed. Yoona knew how passionate Sooyoung was with writing. “And what’s next?” Yoona asked.

“Tiffany wanted me to work with her at her theatre company. But I’m still thinking of my options.” Sooyoung said.

“Oh Sooyoung, I’m so happy for you.” Yoona said happily. After almost an hour of talking, they walked back towards the bookstore. “How long will you be here?” Yoona asked.

“Hmm I might need to get back to Seoul in an hour. How long I’ll be here all depends on the court hearing tomorrow.” Sooyoung replied.

She had informed to Yoona the reason why she was back in Korea. It was because of the court hearing Tiffany needed to attend. After 8 months of not being able to see Emily, tomorrow would be the day the court

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter