THREE ♔

BloNote ➻ GYoon Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm tired, let's break up." 

 

I stared at her as though she'd just sprouted some nonsense. 

 

"Look, I'm just-"

 

"Sorry, here's your iced latte and cappuccino..." 

 

My brows furrowed as the barista came over and put down our coffee.

 

I'd never seen her before, she must be the new barista that Soohyuk was talking about. 

 

Assuming that she would have heard that I had been dumped, I became embarrassed and tried to hide it by raising my voice, "You're supposed to be the barista. Barista is supposed to be BEHIND the counter, making drinks. Not here, serving coffee. This is the job of a waitress."

 

"B-But sir, we're understaf-"

 

"Don't you know customer is always right? You're still talking back!" 

 

"Sir, I feel that you're being un-"

 

"Alrights alrights! Yoona, let's head back to the counter. It's okay, it's okay." 

 

Just as she was about to rebut again, Soohyuk had stepped in, breaking our budding argument. He approached with a smile and started pulling her back, giving me an apologetic eye signal. 

 

My embarrassment became anger and when I finally calmed down and turned back to my table, there was no one already. 

 

With only a note left on the table: 

 

See the problem? You don't even have time to talk about break up.

 

I crushed the note into my fist in frustration. 

 

♂♂♂♂♂

 

"Hello! Table for-"

 

I stood in front of the café entrance and saw her smile turning into a scowl. She stopped short in the sentence and looked away, shouting into the kitchen instead.

 

"Hyukie oppa! Ask Yul unnie to show the customer his seat! I can't leave!" 

 

It has been two weeks since the incident and I almost forgot about that little first-meeting with this girl until I came into the café and saw her. Perhaps during the other time, I hadn't been able to take a good look at her but right now, standing just a few meters away from her, I was mesmerized. 

 

She's gorgeous. 

 

Her brunette hair was tied up in a neat ponytail, she had a radiant natural glow on her face, unlike those girls whose face are all caked with makeup. Her wide doe eyes seemed like they could talk and all in all, I could just stare at her face all day long and not get bored at all. 

 

"Yah! Don't be crazy! Yul is on sick leave today! You know we're understaffed!" 

 

Then I heard Soohyuk's voice from the kitchen. 

 

I looked at her again and raised my brows in mock amusement, putting both my hands into my pocket as I waited for her next move patiently.

 

She mumbled incoherently to herself before forcing a smile at me, "we're on full house now sir, you might have to wait for quite awhile." 

 

I looked around at the crowded café and finally spotted an empty seat right at the bar counter. I raised my finger and pointed to it, "that seat is not taken right?" 

 

I saw her frowning away before muttering a 'no.' 

 

"Thank you." 

 

I smiled in satisfaction as I walked over to the counter, making myself comfortable, coming almost face to face with her.

 

She handed the menu to me and before I could say anything, she spoke up again, "you heard it just now. We're UNDERSTAFFED and I'm going to take your order BEHIND the counter." 

 

Guess like she's someone who bear grudges huh. 

 

I kept my charming smile, taking the menu from her, but stared right into her eyes instead, "iced latte." 

 

She was briefly stunned as she blinked a couple of times, before feigning a cough, "okay." 

 

I chuckled lightly at her expression but tried to suppress it as I began speaking while she brewed the coffee, "about the other time... I'm sorry. I shouldn't be raising my voice like that. I-"

 

"Anniyo. You're right, customer is always right. I shouldn't talk back to you, it's my fault entirely~" She cooed, interrupting my explanation. 

 

"It's just that my girlfriend, I mean, ex-girlfriend, was discussing a break up with me and I kind of lose it you see..." Still, I explained my explanation coolly, knowing perfectly that she'd listened to it. "Like you know, when you're being dumped, your emotions aren't really going to be that great."

 

During times like this, it's better to play the sympathy card.

 

"Oh..." True enough, she took the bait. 

 

Even though she didn't show it through her expression, her action thereafter did it anyway. 

 

I raised my brows at her when a hot latte appeared in front of me instead of an iced one. 

 

The latte art was a smiley face. 

 

She put on a poke face, shrugging her shoulders, "figured out you might need this more. You can lodge a complaint if you don't like and I would make an iced latte right away." 

 

I laughed, shaking my head in defeat, "it's okay. I like this, hot latte with a smiley face coffee art is a perfect drink to nurse a break up." 

 

And she finally smiled for the first time since she saw me. 

 

Alluring is an understatement. 

 

♂♂♂♂♂

 

"Gorgeous isn't she?" Soohyuk came over and slung his arm around my shoulders lazily.

 

"Drop dead."

 

I answered in response and we looked at each other in the eyes, breaking into laughters. 

 

"No wonder you're dropping by almost every single day nowadays," Soohyuk mused. "In the past, you only dropped by ONCE in like... two months?" 

 

"Well, I'm less busy nowadays. Completed those projects and no girlfriend duties~" I shrugged. "And I'm planning to open another café." 

 

"Still thinking about Vivian?" 

 

"Ani," I replied honestly. "You know it's hard for me to get over someone, but once I'm over, it's entirely over." 

 

"That's good, because I heard that she got together with Kush hyung and heard that they had been together for quite some time already, so I don't think your business has anything to do with the breakup."

 

"I know, Kush hyung told me about it. I'm cool with it," I smiled and took a glance back at the barista who's busy making coffee. "And besides, there's a new chic now isn't it?"

 

"I wanted to court her you know," Soohyuk joked. 

 

"Like hell I don't know you're in a hot and secretive relationship with Kwon Yuri eh?" I chuckled. "What happen to my policy of no employee relationship?" 

 

"Oh, then what if the boss and the employee dates?" He raised his brows. 

 

"That will be prohibited, " I turned back to look at the barista who's now greeting a customer with her usual mesmerizing smile. "But... It will be a different case if she's to become the lady boss~" 

 

"Wow, that's fast." 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter