Nostalgia and Memories

Anything but Bored

     Heechul rolled over, expecting to find his husband next to him. He was confused when he didn't feel him there. Sitting up, he saw an unusual face. Well, at least for waking up, anyway.

     "Good morning, hyung," Henry said, causing Heechul to jump. 

The face was no longer unusual. Just frightening for when you're waking up.

     "Why are you in my house?" Heechul said, scared.

"Gosh, people are so impolite these days. Not even greeting back."

     "Sorry, Henry. Good morning, but why are you in my house?" Heechul asked again.

"Well, I have orders to bring you downstairs," Henry replied.

     "From who?"

Heechul heard a cry from the nursery and began to get up, but Henry grabbed him by the wrist gently. 

     "Don't worry, hyung. Your kids are well cared for."

"By who, exactly?"

     "Good morning, Heechul!" Leeteuk called. "The godfather is at your service."

"Oh, um...hi, hyung," Heechul said. "How much experience do you have with kids?"

     "Trust me. I'm the leader of a group like Super Junior. You think I can't handle kids?"

Heechul nodded, though Leeteuk couldn't see him. "Fair enough. But I'm just going to-"

     "Nope! Down the stairs we go," Henry said, leading Heechul down the staircase.

"What is-" Heechul began, seeing Hankyung smiling at him. The table had been set and a meal prepared. 

     "I'll go check on Leeteuk hyung," Henry smiled, heading upstairs. Hankyung took Heechul by the hand before calling out to Henry.

"Thanks, Henry," he said. Henry bowed. 

     "No problem."

"What is all this, baby?" Heechul asked Hankyung.

     "I know things have been rough lately, so I wanted to do something special for you."

"Hannie, you didn't have to-"

     "No, but I wanted to."

Heechul smiled. "Well, thank you. I guess we shouldn't let the food get cold, huh?"

     When they were finsihed, Heechul asked a question.

"Why are Henry and Leeteuk here?"

     "They agreed to go on godparent duty and babysit while we take a day out," Hankyung told him. "I've got everything planned, and Youngjae and Miyoung will be well cared for."

     "Are you sure about this? They're fairly young."

"Chul, I love you, and you're a great parent, but they're eight months old. That's nearly a year. A day out will be good for you. It's not like your abandoning them or anything."

     "They'll be alright, won't they?"

Hankyung nodded. "I wouldn't have arranged this if I wasn't confident that Leeteuk hyung and Henry could take care of them. Do you trust me?"

    "Ne. I do."

"Then let's go get ready to leave."

     About half an hour later, Henry and Leeteuk were following them, and Heechul was giving Henry instructions.

"Now, they eat about every three hours, and the formula's on the second shelf in the kitchen."

     "Got it."

"And if they need to be changed, the diapers are-"

     "Hankyung already clued us in on where everything is, and if we have any issues, we'll call, araso?" Leeteuk said.

"O-okay. I'm just trusting my pride and joy to you guys, that's all. It's not like I don't trust you, but-"

     "It's alright, hyung. We understand, and we promise we won't disappoint you. Right, hyung?" Henry said. Leeteuk nodded.

"Have fun, and don't worry about us. They're in good hands."

     "Thank you so much," Heechul said. He gave Miyoung and Youngjae a kiss on the forehead. "Appa loves you. Be good for Henry and Leeteuk, araso?"

Hankyung also gave them a kiss before getting ready to leave. "We promise we won't be gone a long time. You'll see us tonight, kiddos. Make sure you behave."

     They waved goodbye before leaving. Hankyung began to drive.

"Where are we going?" Heechul asked. 

     "You'll see soon enough."

Hankyung continued to drive and Heechul stared out the window. They came near a small park, driving to a secluded area. 

     "Is this...?" Heechul asked.

"What? Oh, this is just a random-"

     "Oh my gosh, Hannie. You really remembered," Heechul said, smiling. "Are we going to get out?"

"Ladies first."

     Heechul rolled his eyes. "Just because I'm the one who gave birth to our kids does not mean I'm a woman."

"Fine. Divas first," Hankyung grinned.

     "It does work on me. I'm just that fabulous."

They linked hands and walked for awhile. This was the area of the park where they had a snowball fight the first year Hankyung was with Super Junior. After talking about it a few times, Hankyung and Heechul nearly agreed that was probably where they felt their first inklings of feelings toward each other. And obviously, it escalated from there. 

     Hankyung led Heechul to a bench and sat down with him. They began talking.

"So, you remember this place?" Hankyung asked. Heechul nodded.

     "How could I forget? The brightness of your smile as you laughed, tackling you into a snowbank. It was great."

"Yeah. I was afraid the other guys would break you with the way they were throwing those snowballs, but I learned pretty quickly that no one messes with Kim Heechul and lives."

     "People think I'm so delicate, but they're surprised when they figure out how fierce I am," Heechul laughed.

Hankyung played with Heechul's hair. "You're the perfect mix of everything, and I wouldn't have you any other way."

     "That's because you complete me perfectly."

Hankyung smiled and sighed. "I can't believe we've been married for almost a year."

     "I know. It's crazy."

"You know how we got married in the civil ceremony, right?"

     Heechul laughed. "No. I totally forgot. We're married? You're my husband?"

"Focus, Chul," Hankyung said, laughing while shaking his head.

     "Sorry, babe. I couldn't help it. And yes, I do remember."

"Well, I was thinking, maybe for our anniversary we could renew our vows and have that actual wedding we never got to. How does that sound?"

     Heechul thought for a moment. "That sounds like a good idea. We just have to make sure Ryeowook doesn't try to plan it. The neurons in that poor boy's brain must be fried by now from all that planning of my wedding/baby shower."

     Hankyung chuckled. "Nah, we'll get a planner for it. What do you think?"

"I like that idea. It'll be a nice wedding. More than we did before, but nothing overly extravagant. I just want to celebrate our marriage and our love. We could have been married in a cardboard box and I'd still love you just as much."

     "I'd love you, too. But cardboard boxes are rather small, aren't they?"

Just then, a light snow started falling. 

     "I was about to say," Heechul remarked. "This park looked like it was missing something."

"You know," Hankyung began. "The first time we came here, I remember how beautiful you looked with those snowflakes sticking to your eyelashes." He looked at Heechul for a moment. "Nothing's changed. Well, at least not as to how beautiful you are."
     "You're such a hopeless romantic," Heechul teased. Hankyung looked down.

"I love it," Heechul continued, smiling.

     "Really?"

"That's part of the reason why I fell for you in the first place. You'd always talk about how you'd treat that one special person, and I just happened to be lucky enough to be that person."

     Hankyung kissed Heechul's cheek lightly. "You feel cold. Should we continue on with our date day?"

Heechul nodded. "I think that would be great."