More Trouble

Anything but Bored

     "Hannie, that tickles," Heechul giggled, half-asleep. Hankyung rolled over.

     "Babe, I'm not even touching you," Hankyung told him. "Go back to sleep."

     Heechul was about to drift off again, but he sat up, hearing small cries from the end of the hall.

     "That's odd. The kids usually don't wake up for another few hours," he mused.

     "Do you want me to check it out?" Hankyung asked. Heechul shook his head.

     "It's alright. I can check it out." 

     Heechul flung his legs out of the bed, making his way to the nursery. As he opened the door, he found a crying Youngjae, having a bit of a coughing fit.

     "Aw, buddy. What's the matter?" Heechul said, lifting Youngjae out of his crib. He felt Youngjae's forehead, clucking his tongue.

     "Man. You're pretty warm." Heechul sat down with his son and rocked him for awhile, trying to soothe his cries. A few minutes later, a tall figure appeared in the doorway.

     "Is everything okay?" Hankyung asked.

     "I don't know. Youngjae feels warm. I think he might be coming down with something."

     Hankyung felt Youngjae's forehead. "He's burning up pretty badly," he said, concern in his voice. "Should I get a cold washcloth?"

     Heechul nodded. "That would be good. Oh, and could you bring the thermometer while you're at it?"

     Hankyung came back a few minutes later and took Youngjae's temperature. A nervous look came upon his face.

     "Chul, we better take him to the doctor tomorrow."

     Heechul looked up. "How bad is it?"

     "Well, this says he's 102 degrees Fahrenheit. That's pretty bad, especially for a baby."

     "Hand me the washcloth. Please."

     Heechul gently placed the cloth on Youngjae's forehead. Youngjae squirmed a bit, still coughing.

     "I'll call the doctor first thing in the morning," Heechul said.

     "Good. How's Miyoung?" Hankyung asked. He checked on his daughter, who appeared to be fine."She seems to be okay."

     "Great. At least we don't have to worry about two sick babies. This boy is giving his old appa enough of a heart attack as it is," Heechul said, concern in his voice. 

     "Yeah. Well, we should keep an eye on Miyoung too over the next few days. She and her brother are in close proximity. Germs can spread quickly." 

     Hankyung watched Heechul hold Youngjae. 

     "Do you want me to keep an eye on him for awhile?" Hankyung asked. Heechul shook his head.

     "It's fine. I wouldn't feel right leaving him. I mean, I know he'd be with you, but still. I wouldn't want you to feel responsible if anything happened."

     Hankyung nodded. "I'm not leaving, though." 

     "Me neither."

     "Guess neither one of us will be getting much sleep, huh? But then again, how could we, knowing our son isn't feeling well?"

     Hankyung and Heechul both watched Youngjae sadly.

     "Please be okay, Youngjae-ah," Heechul whispered, holding back tears. Hankyung patted his hand.

     "Don't worry. I promise we'll get him taken care of," Hankyung told him. He Youngjae's hot cheek.

      "It'll be okay, Jae. Your appa and baba are here."

     Heechul and Hankyung continued to keep a vigilant watch over their sun into the wee hours of the morning. Neither of them saw any sleep as the sun peered through the window. Sleep was not an option when all they could think about was their ill son.

------------------

A/N Hello. I know the last time I updated this was probably during the last Ice Age. And I'm really sorry. School's been keeping me plenty busy, and I really do miss writing on here. But whenever I get a chance and have the energy, I'll try to update. This is kind of a tidbit chapter. I know it's short, but I just wanted to keep the story moving. I hope you enjoy what I did get a chance to write right now.