Here for You

Anything but Bored

     Heechul sat in a chair on the balcony, his knees curled to his chest. He wasn't about to let his husband see him cry. Now he just sat, ruminating the previous events.

     "Ch-Chul?" Hankyung said, opening the door.

"Please. Leave me alone. I'm serious this time."

     Hankyung sighed, combing his hair with his hand. "Alright. Just tell me if you need anything."

"I will. Thanks."

     Hankyung went back inside. Heechul just kept thinking.

"Why...why do my children have to fall subject to this? It's different if it's just me, but my angels."

     Inside the house, Hankyung wasn't much better off. He lay on the sofa, staring blankly at the ceiling. 

"Damn it, Hankyung. How did you let this happen? You just slapped on everything she said. His heart's broken, and it's your fault. And you let her talk about your children like that?" He closed his eyes, trying to clear his mind, but a sudden clap of thunder broke the deafening silence.

     "Hmm...thunder. Wait," he thought. "Heechul!"

As Hankyung opened the door, he saw his husband oblivious to the torrential downpour.

     "I thought I told you to leave me alone," Heechul said half-heartedly.

"Do you really want to become hypothermic? Come inside. Please."

     "No. I'm fine."

"Don't make me do this."

     "Do what?"

Hankyung grabbed Heechul, carrying him bridal style. Heechul sulked the whole way. Hankyung grabbed a towel and dry clothes for Heechul. He wrapped him in the towel, encasing him in his arms. Surprisingly, Heechul didn't protest.

      "You're such a diva," Hankyung said silently.

Heechul stayed silent.

     "It works on you, though. It's kind of...y. I dunno. Throw me a bone. Just please say something."

"Why did you do this? Why didn't you just let me sit out there and get pneumonia or something?" Heechul said in almost a whisper.

     "It's because I love you, and no matter what happens, I'll do anything for you."

"But I'm just-"

     "Amazing, gorgeous, and wonderful."

"Oh man, Hannie. Why do you love me?"

    "Because you're everything I ever wanted. You amazed me from day one."

Heechul placed his head on Hankyung's chest, beginning to cry again. This time, he didn't care what Hankyung would see. They stayed silent for a few minutes until Heechul spoke.

     "I just feel horrible," he said.

"I know. This is really bad stuff to go through. Just promise me that whatever happens, we can get through it together, and that you won't hesitate to tell me how you truly feel."

     "Oh, don't worry. I won't be shy when it comes to how I'm feeling," Heechul replied, laughing a bit.

"Ah, There's that smile. I'm lucky enough to see it. Let's be strong for our kids and for each other, but we can help each other in our weaknesses, okay?"

     "Okay. Thanks, baby. I love you."

Hankyung pecked Heechul gently on the lips. "I love you, too. Now, let's get you into some dry clothes."