The Story Begins

Anything but Bored

     "Hannie?" Heechul whispered in the dark room.

Hankyung rolled over. "Yeah?"
     "Are you awake?"

"No. I can magically respond to you in a state of deep sleep," Hankyung teased groggily. 

     Heechul smacked him with his pillow.

"Ouch!"

     "That's what you get for teasing me, you big baby! Now, can we talk? I can't sleep."

"Okay, babe. What's up?"

     Heechul lay back down, staring at the ceiling. "I have a strange feeling that something is wrong with the kids. Maybe it's my weird parent senses tingling."

"I'm sure the kids are fine," Hankyung said, wrapping his arms around Heechul's waist. "Now go back to sleep, Chul. Please." 

     Hankyung fell asleep after a few minutes, but Heechul just stared at the ceiling.

"I guess you're right, Hannie," Heechul began a few minutes later. "But still..."

     Hankyung sat up, grabbing Heechul's hand. "What do you say we go check on Jae and Miyoung, huh? Then we can come back once we know they're okay."

     "Are you sure? I don't want to disturb your sleep."

"If it'll help you rest easily, then it's no problem. Now, let's go."

     Hankyung led Heechul down the hall, quietly opening the twins' bedroom door. Heechul looked at them closely, observing both of them breathing steadily. He smiled as Miyoung's lip twitched while she was dreaming. Youngjae moved his chubby fists in a dream-like motion, too.

     "Are you pleased by what you see?" Hankyung asked. Heechul nodded. "Let's let our angels sleep, babe." They made their way back to their bedroom, slipping into bed.

     Heechul pressed his chest to Hankyung's while moving closer to him, wrapping his arms around Hankyung's neck. Hankyung smiled and surrounded Heechul's waist with his arms.

     "You know what I love?" Heechul whispered to Hankyung.

"What?"

     "I love having such a wonderful husband who's also a great father to our kids. Most guys would grumble about their spouse worrying too much and just ignore them."

     "It's my duty now. I have a family that needs to be taken care of, so now you and the kids are my first priority, and it'll always be that way. I wouldn't be a real father or husband if that wasn't the case," Hankyung replied, rubbing Heechul's back. They lay quietly for a few minutes, before Hankyung spoke again.

     "Being close to you like this brings back so many memories. Late night discussions, being interrupted by two newborns, unicorn costumes."

Heechul looked at him trough the darkness. "You know, you were on a roll with the sappy element...that is, until the unicorn costume decided to drop by for a visit in that whole monologue." 

     Hankyung laughed. "But it's the cute elements of our love life, like unicorn costumes and shower time selcas that make it so much more meaningful and amazing."

     "I know," Heechul said, growing silent for a few seconds. "Can you believe that the twins are almost eight months old?" Hankyung sighed.

"They've grown so fast. Pretty soon Youngjae will be asking to borrow the car every weekend, and I'll have to be fending off rowdy young men who want to get to my little Miyoung. Where does one get an appropriate baseball bat for that?"

     Heechul shrugged. "I don't know, but I just want to focus on life right now and enjoy every moment."

Hankyung nodded. "Because we'll never get them back."

     With a gentle kiss on the lips, the two peacefully drifted to sleep in each other's arms.