Makeup & Tears

Meeting You

Nana's POV: 

Pit-pat, pit-pat, my heart beated. I was so lost and never did I feel so confused. I couldn't stop playing V's voice over and over again. 'She's mine.... she's mine...' his voice kept repeating.

"Nana, what's wrong?" Suzy asked concerned. I felt her hand on my shoulder in support.  I shook my head- I wasn't okay. I need her to hold me and tell me everything is fine. Just like when we were little, when I got bullied by the other kids she'd stand up for me. She'd let me cry on her shoulder while I was in her embrace. She was so strong and brave, I wished that sometimes I had that much bravery and confidence.

"I wanna go home." I whispered in her ear.

"Alright. Let's go." She assured. Rap monster then help free my hand from V's grasp.

"Suzy, come on. I'll take you guys home. " Rapmon claimed

"Thanks babe." Suzy expressed

"Let's go." Suzy gently pushed me away from the guys and towards the parking lot.

The drive home was silent. I held onto Suzy's hand and she just kept quiet, when we arrive in front of our house Rap monster opened our the car door for us. 

"Bye. I'll call you later." Suzy whispered to Rap monster.

" A'ight , love you babe." he answered.

" Let's get you inside, hun." Suzy informed

"Thanks, sis." I uttered.

Once we got inside I went straight to the bed and plopped myself down. I didn't want to think about anything else. What happened earlier today was already too much to handle.

"Do you wanna talk about what happened today at the park between you, Jeong-gook, and V?" Suzy asked

"I don't know where to start." I informed

"Well, do you like Jeong-gook?" she questioned

" I liked him at first, but after I got to know him even more... I had a change of heart." I explained

"So you don't like him?" Suzy asked

"I don't know, sis. What should I do, I don't want to hurt his feelings. He's more like a brother." I added

" Nana, no matter who you chose... I'll always support you and wish you all the best. You're like my little sister, I want you to be happy." Suzy claimed

" I know. Thanks sis." I said, she then spread her arms out for a hug. 

" Now let's go to sleep, it's been a long day." Suzy commmented

"Good night." I wished her. Then I pulled th covers over my body and quickly eased into a deep sleep.

************************************************************

The next morning I woke up and hour earlier then usual. I decided to give Jeong-gook a call. 

"Hello?" Jeong-gook asked

"It's me, Nana." I muttered.

"Nana? I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. I didnt mean to scare you." Jeong-gook explained

" I know, it's not your fault." I said. " Can we meet right now? We need to talk. " I added

"I'll pick you up."Jeong-gook suggested

"Alright." I agreed. Quietly, I tip-toed out the room and outside.  There Jeong-gook was waiting patiently outside the car for me. He then drove to nearby coffee shop. When we got inside, he went to order two cappuccinos and then returned to the table. 

"Be careful, it's hot." he instructed

" Jeong-gook, I... I... I'm sorry." I stuttered.

"It's okay." he said

"It's not okay. " I argued. "I can't be you're girlfriend, never can and never will." I said coldly, wetness filled my eyes and began to blur my vision.

"It's V, isn't it?" Jeong-gook asked

" It's not about V, it's just.... you're like a brother me." I replied, tears rolled down from my eyes to my cheeks. I probably looked hideous right now.

"Can't you see me differently." he suggested, while handing my a tissue.

"I tried but, I can't." I informed. I took the tissue from his hand and started drying the tears. He then stretched his hand over and dabbed the missing spots of tears on my face. 

"You're make-up's all smeared." Jeong-gook said. "you look terrible. A complete mess." he chuckled, and I could help but laugh along too.

"Friends?" I asked

" Always and forever." he replied.