Chapter 5: Long Lost Sister

Hate That I Love You

“Hello? Candice? It’s me Donghae. Can we meet? I have something to ask you.” Donghae said on the phone.

“Is this regarding Hebe again?” Candice asked.

“Yeah. Kinda. I want to know more about her.” Donghae answered.

“Okay then. Let’s meet here at the café.” Candice said.

So they met each other at the café and talked there. Candice told everything about the reason why Hebe hates him so much.

“I never knew something like this was going on, but why is she blaming me?” Donghae asked.

“Because you exist. And Xiao Xun became like that since she met you.” Candice answered.

“If you really want to do something for her find her sister. Maybe even a little bit, she’ll feel sympathy towards you” Candice said.

“I don’t even know what she looks like.” Donghae replied.

“I’ll help you with that. Here’s a picture of Xiao Xun. They are so close with each other but suddenly after their father betrayed them and go with another woman, that’s the time Xiao Xun changed, she indulged herself into idolizing, gimmicks, and other stuffs. And that was the start of their everyday argument.” Candice said.

“I don’t know why I got really involved with this but, whatever reason is that even though I think it’s the shallowest thing I ever heard I’ll just make it up to her. So let me have this picture and I’ll hire a private searcher, ASAP. By the way, don’t tell it to her. Also thank you for telling me those stories! Till next time bye!” Donghae said and leave.

------------------------

“aiyoh. I’m so bored here. What a large house but only 1 person lives, and 3 maids. A house with 5 rooms, attic and a swimming pool, oh! There’s a mini-gym too and a family hall. But what’s strange is that he’s alone? Weird.” Hebe said to herself.

“Ma’am Hebe? What are you doing? Are you alright?” the maid asked.

“Uh! Yah, yah. I’m alright. Just thinking… why is this house so large? How long have you been working for that bastard? I mean, for Donghae?” Hebe said.

“hm? 3 years? Yeah. About 3 years. Why did you ask?” the maid answered.

 “By the way, don’t call me MISS or MA’AM I’m not used to it. And I don’t really like it. So, 3 years any stories there? Why is this house so big? And where is Donghae’s family?” Hebe asked.

“I’M HOME!!” Donghae screamed.

“Oh, the bastard is home.” Hebe said and went near Donghae…

“SHUT UP! WHO CARES IF YOU’RE HOME?!” Hebe shouted at him.

Donghae smiled at her and said

“I just want to annoy you. Hahahaha!”

“What’s so funny? Huh?! Do you think it’s a joke?! YOUR FACE IS A JOKE! Hmp!” Hebe said and left.

Donghae laughed and winked at Hebe when she looked back.

“YUCK!! YOU’RE SO UGLY DON’T WINK AT ME!” Hebe screamed.

Donghae laughed as he walked in the kitchen.

“Nanny, how’s she going? Is she okay here?” Donghae asked the maid.

“I think she’s bored. She keeps on walking around the house.” The maid answered.

“I see. Suggest her some activities, I have lots of movies there she can watch it in the family hall. Or play video games. Tell her to feel free to use everything.” Donghae said.

“Yes sir. I’ll do that. I’ll convince her to do some activities.” The maid said.

 “Okay, I’ll leave now. Bye nanny!” Donghae said and grabbed some apple.

“Again? Okay then, good luck sir Donghae.” the maid said.

“Yup. Got to do some signing for my new upcoming drama. Thanks! Bye!” Donghae answered and left the house again. 

“ahjushi, can you go to Mr. searcher’s house. Then let’s head to the signing event. I’ll just discuss some matters to him.” Donghae said.

“Okay sir.” The driver responded. So they went to Mr. Searcher.

“Donghae, what brought you here?” the searcher asked. “Can you find this girl ASAP? I need to find her. Please find her ASAP, and inform me where she lives.” Donghae said.

“Why? Who’s this girl by the way?” the searcher asked.

 “Oh... just the sister of my friend. I’m sorry but I have to go. Please find her within this week.”

So Donghae left and headed to the signing event.

“What took you so long?!” the manager sermon Donghae.

“Sorry auntie... just visited someone. Where’s the director? The producer? And the staff?” Donghae asked.

“They’re inside. Come on!”

“I’m so sorry for the inconvenience.” Donghae said as he entered the room.

“Here’s the contract. You can sign it now. Your manager already checked it.” The director said.

“Okay I’ll sign it now.” Donghae signed the contract and took a picture with them.

“Donghae! it seems like you’ve been too busy nowadays?” Genie said.

“Oh, Genie! Long time no see! Yeah I’ve been busy settling issues about that rumored girlfriend thingy.” Donghae answered.

“I watched that press-con she’s a cute girl. Is she really your friend?” Genie asked.

“hm? I’ll just tell the whole story some other time. I really have to go. Bye!”

Donghae’s phone rang he answered the phone call

“Searcher? Why?”

“I already found the girl you’re looking for, you’re lucky, one of my subordinates knows this girl I’ll text you the address. Long drive ahead if you plan to go there. Approximately about 4 hours.” The searcher said.

“That’s okay. Give me the exact address now. I’ll hang up! Bye!”

So the searcher texted the exact address to Donghae. Donghae forwarded the message to Candice.

------------------------------

At the café: Candice was reading the text message.

“Whoa! That’s fast huh! I should call him first.” Candice said.

She called Donghae. “Hello? Donghae, are you sure this is the address? That’s too fast! Where did you get this?”

“Lucky! The searcher’s subordinate knows that girl so go immediately there bring Hebe.” Donghae answered.

“Oh! Lucky indeed! Okay, okay, I’ll tell her that you found Xiao Xun.” Candice said.

“Wait! Candice, no need. Don’t tell her that it was me who found her sister. Just tell her to go there with you. Never mention my name. It will only ruin her mood.” Donghae said.

“Huh? Don’t you want to give some credits to yourself? But since you said it, okay then. I won’t tell her.” Candice responded.

“Thank you Candice! Just inform me what will happen. Alright? I’ll hang up now. Bye!” Donghae said.

“Yes sir! Bye!” Candice replied.

-------------------------------

After knowing where Xiao Xun lives, Candice called Hebe so they rode a bus going there... In the bus:

“Can you tell me where are we really going?” Hebe said.

“Just follow me okay? You’ll be surprise after this.” Candice answered.

“I hate surprises so tell me now, where are we going?” Hebe said.

“aiyoh! You’ll know when we get there, we’re near.” Candice said.

“Do you know how many times you said that we’re near? But we’ve been seating here for about 4 hours now. WHERE ARE WE GOING?” Hebe asked with a high tone.

“This time it’s true. We’re really near. Oh! Here, here! Wait a minute. Come on Hebe.” Candice replied.

So they went down the bus. And began walking and asking where the exact address is. A lady accompanied them to the house.

“Thank you! Thank you for accompanying us here.” Candice said.

“You’re welcome. Okay, I’ll take my leave. Bye!” the lady said.

“Whose house is this? Tell me.” Hebe said.

Then Candice began to knock at the door and a girl opened it, it was XIAO XUN.

“Wait. Who’s there?!” Xiao Xun said.

“XIAO… XUN?” Hebe said.

Xiao Xun immediately closed the door but Hebe stopped it.

“WAIT! Come here! Let’s talk!” Hebe screamed.

Hebe grabbed Xiao Xun’s hair and began crying.

“Ah... aww... Stop!” Xiao Xun said.

“STOP?! That’s not enough! Did you know what happened to mom when you left the house?! Did you know what kind of lifestyle I’ve been living all throughout those months that you’ve been gone?! And you’re just here hiding from us!! How dare you?!!” Hebe said with a mad voice.

Xiao Xun began crying.

“If you’re here to lecture me, leave. I don’t want to go back there anymore. I want to stay here.” Xiao Xun replied.

“Mom is sick. Mom is in coma. She’s in the hospital since the day you left. She wants to see you but how? She wants to hold you but you never came back! This is your entire fault. Come with me. We will go back home.” Hebe said.

Hebe grabbed Xiao Xun’s hand but Xiao Xun replied…

“I’m sorry. I cannot go back to our house.”

“What?! You don’t want to see our mom? You don’t want to go back home?! Why?! Is it because of that bastard Donghae again?! HUH?!! TELL ME!!!” Hebe shouted.

“It’s not that. Tomorrow, I’ll leave for Shanghai. I’ll go with dad.” Xiao Xun said.

“DAD?! You’ll go with that stupid bastard who left us? XIAO XUN WHAT’S WITH YOU?!! Are you really insane?! You’re choosing that bastard over our mom who took care of us since he left?!” Hebe said.

“I’m really sorry jie. I’ll go with you to see mom for the last time, but I will still leave tomorrow and be with dad.” Xiao Xun answered.

“Is it because of money? Because he left us for a rich woman? Is that so? Xiao Xun, I can give you those things just please stay with us.” Hebe begged Xiao Xun.

“It’s not that jie... It’s because dad is also in a bad condition. He needs me. I know that mom have you already, even though our dad left us, still I can’t see him in that condition. Please let me go. I promise I’ll still visit you here.”

“He already has his own family there. You don’t need to be there too!” Hebe replied.

“No jie.. He needs me there.” Xun said.

So after their long conversation Xiao Xun went with Hebe to the hospital. When Xiao Xun saw her mom lying on the bed, she was moved into tears. After that very long day, Xiao Xun went home with Hebe. Hebe called Donghae…

“Hey, bastard can I bring my sister in your house? I’ll just explain everything to you. So please be home early. She wants to meet you.”

“Oh… okay then.” Donghae replied.

So Hebe together with Candice and Xiao Xun went to Donghae’s house.

“jie, is this your house? Why is it so big? And why do you have a big portrait of Donghae? Are you a fan now? This house is really big and nice!” Xun said.

“This is also my first time going here Hebe. Surely, you live a very comfortable life here. Wow! May I see your room?” Candice said.

“This is not my house. This is the house of the bastard Xun. Let’s go to my room. I’m not a fan of Donghae! I’m his number 1 ANTI! Don’t misunderstand it.” Hebe answered.

“I don’t understand.” Xiao Xun said.

And Donghae arrived at the house…

“I’m home!”

“Oh, he’s here. Xun, I have a surprise for you.” Hebe said. And she covered Xiao Xun’s eyes.

“What is that? Hey jie, don’t fool around!” Xiao Xun said.

“SURPRISE!!” Hebe uncovered her eyes and Xiao Xun saw Donghae.

“DONGHAE!!!!!! Is this true? Oh my gosh!” Xiao Xun began pinching her face and rushed towards Donghae and held his face... “IT’S TRUE!! OH MY GOSH!!! CAN’T BELIVE IT!!”

Donghae, began to laugh and said “this is actually my house. Please be quiet about this. So you’re Xiao Xun, you’re so cute and lovely.”

“Yes! I’m Xiao Xun I’m your #1 FAN!! JIE, how come you know Donghae?” Xiao Xun asked Hebe.

“Ah, that bastard? To make it short, I was the UNLUCKIEST person in the world. You, bastard! Stop bluffing around.” Hebe replied.

“I’m not bluffing, your sister is way better than you. She’s adorable and nice, unlike you fearsome and unpleasant” Donghae said.

“What the hell?!! Do you want to die?!!” Hebe said.

“See? So have you tour around the house? Let’s go there! Do you want to swim? Or play games? Or watch movie? You can also sing. I’ll accompany you for today.” Donghae pleasantly said.

“Let’s sing! I want to hear you sing!” Xiao Xun said.

“Okay then! Let’s sing!” Donghae said.

So they went to the practice room of Donghae. There’s a ktv there and some musical instrument.

“Wow! So nice!” Xiao Xun said.

“I want to go with them Hebe, I’ll go there too okay? I know that you don’t want so it’s okay.” Candice said.

“Candice, thanks a lot! If it wasn’t because of you I won’t find my sister. Thank you.” Hebe said and hugged Candice.

“It’s okay. That’s nothing. What are friends for right?” Candice answered. Candice said in her mind “if you only know that it was Donghae’s idea.”

So they went there both and began singing. Donghae sang songs for Xiao Xun like a mini-concert. The whole night was a blast. Xiao Xun and Candice slept there. And next day, Xiao Xun left for Shanghai.