Chapter 2: The Accident

Hate That I Love You

"Recalling those memories makes me hate Donghae even more.” Hebe said.

“Hating him won’t help you, Hebe.” Candice replied.

They arrived at Hebe’s house.

“By the way, have you asked for the rent already?” Candice asked.

“Not yet. I know their situation right now. They don’t have money to pay me. So why would I bother myself by forcing them to pay?” Hebe replied.

“Why are you so considerate? You need it! How can you pay for the hospital bills if you’re like that? Huh?” Candice said once again.

 (The 1st floor of the house is being rented out while the 2nd floor is where Hebe stays.)

“I’ll just borrow money from ahjumma.” Hebe said.

“Again?! You haven’t paid your past debts to her, and you’re saying that you’re going to borrow again? She won’t lend you!” Candice said.

“Let’s just try once more.” Hebe answered.

They try to call ahjumma.

“Hello? Ahjumma? Can I borrow money?” Hebe asked.

“Hey! Hebe! Pay your debts on time! You haven’t paid me since you borrowed the last time. You already have 60,000 debts. In payment for this I can accept the title of your house.” Ahjumma answered.

“Ahjumma, you know that I can’t give you the title of the house, where will I live? And besides, this house is very valuable to us. I’ll pay you soon. I promise, please have mercy on me! I really need money. My mom is ill. You know that right? We’ve helped you before so please help us now.” Hebe exclaimed.

“Hebe, I already gave you a chance when I lent you money, and now I need it back. If you can’t pay me, then give me the title of your house. Abide to our contract! I cannot lend you anything now because I know you have nothing to pay it back.” Ahjumma said calmly.

“I’ll find a way to return the money as soon as possible, but please don’t fight for the title of our house!” Hebe pleaded with her.

“If you need money, I need it too. I’m really sorry but if you cannot pay up within this week, I’ll ask for the title. Bye, I’m hanging up.” Ahjumma retorted.

“Ahjumma! Hello? Hello?” *toot-toot-toot*

“She hanged up the phone. Candice, she’s going to get the title of our house! You know how precious this house is to my mom.” Hebe said depressingly.

“Just find a job, and try your luck. Okay? Oh, I have to go. It’s already 6pm. I need to go to work. Night shift today.” Candice said.

“Oh, okay. Take care! Bye!”

Candice left the house. Hebe stood up, and began punching the punching bag with a picture of Donghae in it.

“HUH! HUH! This is your entire fault you stupid bastard!! Take this! Huh!”

Then she began playing darts with the picture of Donghae on the dart board.

“Take this!!!!”

Hebe was so mad; she released her feelings through hitting those pictures of Donghae. Her house is full of pictures of Donghae, ruined. The next day… Hebe woke up late.

 “Uh. Uh. My head aches.”

She looked at the clock and…

“OH MY!! It’s already late!”

She rushed and took a bath, tooth-brushed, and changed to decent clothes. She’s going to find a job. She went out of the house, started applying for different jobs, but her application were all rejected.

On the other side…

(photo shoot) *pose-pose-pose*

“Okay! Last shot! 3 2 1!” *click*

“Good! Pack up now. Double time!” the photographer commanded.

“Sir! Thank you so much.” Donghae said and shook hands with the photographer.

“You’re welcome, Donghae. Good job! Thanks too.” The photographer replied.

“Donghae, we need to go to your fan-meeting event now. Here’s your schedule for the day.” Manager said.

“Whoa! Early fan-meeting event and 3rd album in the making press-con, can I shop after this?” Donghae asked.

“Shop? Again? Why? You know that you cannot be seen at the mall. Your fans might see you and create a commotion,” his manager said.

“Auntie, it’s okay. I promise I’ll be vigilant. I need some clothes for tomorrow. It’s the start of rehearsals, and the signing of contracts for my upcoming drama. I also want to buy something for Genie.” Donghae responded.

“Genie, do you like that girl? You always buy her gifts. That’s why you and her are always rumored as couples!”

“No, it’s not that I like her but she’s my close friend. She has been my really good partner and friend since the beginning of my career. Also, it’s my first time filming alongside with her, I should get something for her.” Donghae said.

“Okay okay. Then don’t forget to disguise yourself. Properly!” the manager reminded.

“YES M’AM!” Donghae said.

So they went for the fan-meeting event. Donghae sang songs, took pictures, signed autographs and played games with his fans. After that he went for the press conference

“Donghae, when will you release your next album?” a reporter asked.

“Maybe by the end of this year, I want to compose songs for my 3rd album myself because it’s a really special album for me.” Donghae answered.

“Are you going to collaborate with Genie Zhuo? Do you have a song dedicated to her? What is your relationship with her?” the reporter questioned Donghae.

“We are good friends. I’m not sure if I will have a duet with her.” Donghae answered.

“Do you have any message for your fans or any announcement for your upcoming album?”

“Uhm, not for now. I want my fans to be surprised. My message for them, stay tuned! Thank you for all the support. And that without you guys, I would not be able to come so far. Thanks a lot! I love you all!” Donghae said, he stood up and left the conference hall.

Many reporters followed him and continued to ask more until he went inside the car.

While inside the car.

“Genie issues again. I’m so tired of answering those questions all over again.” Donghae complained.

“Oh well, that’s showbiz my dear.” The manager replied.

On Hebe’s side… (Talking on the phone)

“I’m so tired! And guess what? I just wasted my time! No one hired me. Candice, please help me! I’ll go there in the café alright?” Hebe said.

“I’m busy right now Hebe, I’m sorry. Just loiter around the mall first. I’ll finish my work. Wait for me. I’ll be free by 8pm.” Candice replied.

“What?! 8pm? What do you want me to do here? Rot? I don’t have a single cent and I’m so tired!” Hebe whined.

“You can’t come over now because it’s still working hour. I’m hanging up. Bye!”

“Hey wait! Aiyoh!”

As Hebe was roaming around on the other hand Donghae arrived in the same mall she was in. wearing a disguise; Donghae was unnoticed by the people around him.

He entered a boutique.

Afterwards, left and began walking. He avoided a janitor who was about to bump to him, but bumped into another woman instead.

“Oh! I’m sorry I’m so sorry.” Donghae said.

That woman was actually HEBE!

“You’re so careless!! Can’t you watch your steps?!” Hebe began shouting at him.

“Sorry. Sorry.” Donghae apologized once again.

Hebe noticed something.

“Wait, those eyes… those ugly eyes! DONGHAE!!!!! YOU DID IT ON PURPOSE JUST BECAUSE I’M YOUR ULTIMATE HATER!! HUH!!”

Hebe began shouting Donghae’s name and the people around them begun looking. Donghae covered and immediately dragged her to the nearest fire exit, to keep their conversation private.

“Pshhhh!!! Can you lower don’t your volume? Do you want to create a commotion?” Donghae reprimanded.

“NO! I will talk if I want to, so you’d better shut up!” Hebe said angrily.

Donghae was holding Hebe’s hand and didn’t notice paparazzi taking pictures of them.

“Hehehe. Donghae, you’re doomed!” the paparazzi said and left.

“LET GO OF MY HANDS!” Hebe screamed.

Donghae let go of her hands and said

“I don’t know what I did wrong. But I have to go now, so bye. Again, I’m sorry.”

“HEY! No! Come back here! Or else I’ll scream. DONG…”

Hebe’s phone started ringing…

“Hello?” She said into the phone, not noticing the disappeared Donghae.

“Candice, oh! You know what I have a very shocking news for you! Eh??? Where’s Donghae? ARGH!!! He escaped!!”

“What are you saying? Are you daydreaming again of killing Donghae? Move on, Hebe. By the way I’m here already, where are you?” Candice asked.

Then after that they met each other in a fast-food restaurant.

“WHAT?! Are you kidding me? Seriously? You saw him?” Candice said.

“Yes!! It’s true! Why would I lie?! He even bumped to me! Covered my mouth and took me to a private place! He was even wearing a mask, but does he really think that I’m a fool?! I know his ugly face! Those eyes! That’s why I began shouting! I should’ve killed him that time!” Hebe said.

“Oh my gosh! Good thing he escaped. Hahaha!” Candice laughed and said.

“What’s the good thing there?” Hebe talked and talked.

As Donghae continued talking simultaneously…

“That girl nearly put me in trouble! Good thing I escaped! She said that she’s my ultimate hater! She even wants to hurt me! I can’t believe that there’s such a person.”

(The next day)

“DONGHAE! DONGHAE! WAKE UP!!” the manager said.

“Why?” Donghae yawned.

The manager gave the newspaper to Donghae. He read the headline.

“Donghae and a non-showbiz girl secretly dating in a mall. Holding hands in a private place.”

“Huh? WHAT?!!”

Donghae jumped out of his bed and hurriedly the television (at the same time as with Hebe) they both screamed

“NO WAY!!!! I’M NOT HIS/HER GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND.”

“WHAT AN INSULTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!”