Chapter VI

If she only knew

 

Chapter VI

Finally Taecyeon got his plane ticket and his flight will be at night around 8pm.

Uncle Jay, look I have my plane ticket. I can’t wait to see my Appa and my best friend too, I’m pretty sure they longed to see me. Especially my best friend, it’s been 3 years and a month now and I really miss her. So sad I give her a word that I’ll be back after 2 years, hope she won’t get mad. Humph’ I’ll just explain to her. Taecyeon excitedly show his plane ticket to his uncle and talks a lot about Jessica.

Whoa! Easy there kid, Breath in and out! You didn’t get a rest first and now you’re losing your breath just to talk about them. Come here and let’s have a sit. Take Taecyeon for a sit and offer him a drink. I’m happy for you that you’re going to meet your Appa and your best friend. Then soon you’ll meet your step mother and step brother. I hope they will treat you right. If they don’t, don’t hesitate to come back here. You’re always welcome here. Have you gone buy some present for them? Specially the iPod that you wish to buy a long time ago? Uncle Jay talked to him with a worried and sad face. Of course Uncle, I already bought the iPod. Taecyeon show him a plastic bag. That’s great! You better pack your things now so you won’t get late. Call me when you need someone to talk to. Uncle Jay fakes a smile to him so that Taecyeon won’t notice him with a sad face. Thank you so much Uncle Jay, you’re like a father to me. I’m so glad that I have a great Uncle. Taecyeon bow and praise his Uncle. His Uncle hold him on his shoulder and looks on his eyes and said Keep in your mind that whatever happen, your Uncle Jay (point his self with his thumb) is always here for you, when you have struggles in your life call me I will come for you. You’re like a son to me too. I can be your father. But for now you need to go and meet your father. Smile to him sadly. Ohh don’t be sad Uncle Jay, I won’t forget you! We’ll still meet though. Taecyeon smile and tried to cheer his uncle, his uncle responds him with a happy smile.

----------------------------

Hey! Jessica, you come with me right? Tiffany jumps in front of her all of a sudden that makes Jessica startle. Hey! Tiffany, stop that. You scare me! And where are we going anyway? Jessica asked confused. Does Donghae invite you on their mini concert? Tiffany asked. Oh yes, he did. I forgot about it and I don’t think that I can come with you! I think you better go there alone without me. Jessica whereabouts to enter the room but Tiffany close the door right away and try to convince her. Please! Jessica, they already gave us a free ticket. We need to go there and support them. They are expecting us. They are my friends, our friends. Jessica was shocked on Tiffany’s word. Pardon? Since when they become our friends? I don’t remember that. It doesn’t mean that they gave us a free ticket they can already be our friends. Tiffany still pleads her. Please please please Jessica, just one concert. If you don’t like the concert we’ll go home immediately. Tiffany shows her eyes smile and her cuteness. Okay! Fine then. (Sigh). Tiffany was happy to convince her best friend. Thank you so much. Hug Jessica. Yeah, yeah and why are you so excited? The concert will be tomorrow, not now. Tiffany breaks the hug and said I know, right? I just want to convince you to come with me perhaps when I asked you tomorrow I can’t convince you so well yeah I’m a bit excited. She smiles to Jessica.

--------------------------------------

After 15 hours flight, Taecyeon arrived at South Korea.

Ahh… (Breath in and out to feel the breeze of SK.) It’s good to be back. I can’t believe that I’m here. I can’t wait to go to my own house and meet my best friend and Appa. And yes, I’m excited to meet my brother too. How can I contact my Appa? Hmmm (thinking.) Where did I put his calling card? I remember I put it on my drawer I hope it’s still there.

Taecyeon left the airport and hop in a taxi to head on his home. After reaching his home he went inside of his house.

This house. I miss this; I miss my bed, my messy house and my Umma. He sits on a sofa and takes some rest. Ohh Umma, I really miss you. Don’t worry Umma I still remember your pendant I will look for it. I promise! And I’m going to find Appa. He stands up and head to his room and open his drawer. There you go! I thought I lost you. Talk to the calling card. But before I call Appa, I’ll go check Jessica I’ll visit her first before anything else that was my promise to her.

Taecyeon walk to Mrs. Liu dorm. He rings the doorbell and Mrs. Liu showed up.

Aunt Liu, it’s me Okcat. Taecyeon introduced his self.

Hello There! Long time no see, it’s been a long time I haven’t seen you. You’ve already grown up and you look so handsome now. Aunt Liu surprised seeing Taecyeon.

You flattered me Aunt Liu. Taecyeon feel grateful for what Aunt Liu said to him.

So what are you doing here dear? Aunt Liu asked him.

I actually came here to visit Jessica and I have something to give you Aunt Liu it’s from Boston. He hand the plastic bag to Aunt Liu.

Thank you dear and I’m sorry Jessica and Tiffany left the dorm 1 year ago but don’t worry I’ll give you their address. Aunt Liu, write their address and hand it to Taecyeon.

Thank you Aunt Liu. Taecyeon thanks Aunt Liu and bow to her.

Jessica was visiting me once in a month but after two months from now she failed to visit me due to her busy schedule in her school. I hope you can meet her there. According to her they’re practicing a singing and dancing class for the reason that they are planning to audition on SM ENT. Aunt Liu explained to Taecyeon. After a few talks, Taecyeon leave the dorm and bid goodbye to Mrs. Liu. He head right away where Jessica stay.

After 2 hours he finally reach Jessica’s dorm and he tried to ring the doorbell hoping that Jessica is in there.

(Ring the bell.) I’m so excited to meet you Jessica; I think you’re more beautiful now. And suddenly someone’s open the door.

Hello There! May I help you sir? A girl asked him.

Ohh yes, is Jessica here? Jessica Jung? I’m her friend. Taecyeon asked politely and bowed to the girl.

Ohh I’m sorry. She’s not here! She’s at school. You want to leave a message for her? A girl said to him with a cute smile on her face.

Ahmmm no, I think I’ll just wait for her here. Taecyeon suggested.

Would you like to come in? They might be here in a few hours. If you want I’ll call her and inform her that you’re here. A girl recommends her.

No, its okay I want to surprise her. Just text her what time she’ll be here. Taecyeon said to her.

Okay! A girl answered and text Jessica after a few minute Jessica replied and said

I can’t go home early now. We have a practice. I’ll be there at 6pm with Tiffany. We can’t skip class.

A girl pouted a little and Taecyeon notice it.

It’s okay. I already know what you want to tell me. She can’t go home at this moment, right? It’s okay I understand. Nice chatting with you Miss. He forward his hand for a shake hand and the girl takes his hand.

Sunny, Just call me Sunny. Nice chatting with you too Mr. Sunny answered him.

Taecyeon. Taecyeon introduced his name to sunny with a cute smile. I have to leave now and please leave this plastic bag on Jessica’s bed.

Yeah! Sure, I will. Sunny get the plastic bag.

Ohh wait a minute, Can I borrow a pen and have a piece of paper sheet? Taecyeon said to Sunny.

Okay! Just a second. Sunny get what Taecyeon asked and she give it to him.

Taecyeon write on a piece of paper

Jessica, please meet me on the place where we have our first fight. Be there at 7pm! I’ll wait.

Without knowing Sunny, saw the note that Taecyeon wrote. She was shock upon reading it and said whoa so you’re going to revenge her? You want to have a fight on her?

No, no, no … it’s not that way. I and Jessica are good friends but before we became good friends we started it in a fight that unknowingly and unexpectedly our fight is the path where we created a good relationship. A friend relationship. So don’t worry Jessica is important in my life. Taecyeon explained to Sunny. Please Sunny put it on a plastic bag so she can read this. Don’t think anything, coz I will not going to hurt her. I’d rather risk my life for her.

 Taecyeon wink on her. Thank you so much Sunny, hope we can meet again.

I hope so. Sunny answered and a bit blush on her face.

 

Taecyeon left the dorm and dialed Mr. Lee number.

♫♫Ring Ring Ring ♫♫

Mr. Lee: Hello! Who is this?

Taecyeon: Ahmm... it’s me Taecyeon.

Mr. Lee: Ohh hey! Taecyeon, how are you? Glad you call… I heard you’re at Boston you didn’t even inform me…

Taecyeon: I’m sorry for not informing you, can we meet? We’ll talk about it later.

Mr. Lee: Sure! I’d love to meet you and have a chat on you. Where and when?

Taecyeon: Let’s meet on a coffee shop near my house. At 3pm.

Mr. Lee: Okay! I’ll be there.

Taecyeon: Okay! See you there. Bye

Both of them hang up the phone. After 2 hours Taecyeon reach his home he take a shower and change his dress and preparing his self to meet Mr. Lee. While waiting for the time to reach at around 3pm he kept thinking about Jessica, talking to his self on a mirror regarding Jessica.

I hope when you reach your home and open a plastic bag you can read my note, I’m sure you will.  I can’t wait to see you I really miss you. I wish it’s already 7pm so that I can see your face and give you a hug. (Sigh) 

At quarter to 3pm he head to the coffee shop waiting for Mr. Lee to arrive. After a few minutes Mr. Lee arrives and he was shock when Taecyeon hug him tight.

Appa, I’m sorry I didn’t know that you’re my father which I’m longing  for my whole life. I did not even give you a chance to talk. I’m so sorry, if I just read Umma’s letter earlier I’m not going anywhere I’ll stay here with you. I’m really sorry! He shed tears on his father’s shoulder. And Mr. Lee breaks the hug.

It’s okay my son, what’s important is we’re together now. I’m still here, you still have a family. I’m your father and I will do everything for my son, for you. C’mon let’s take a sit and let’s have a talk. Mr. Lee and Taecyeon talk a lot about everything. He tried to convince Taecyeon to stay on his house.

You’re going to stay with me now; you need to meet my son Donghae, he is your older brother. I don’t need to worry to both of you since Donghae is a good boy and so are you. And also I want to introduce you to my wife, I’m sure she’d love to meet you. So are you going to come with me? Mr. Lee asked Taecyeon to come with him but Taecyeon refuse him.

Not now Appa, I need to meet this girl. Mr. Lee was shock when Taecyeon called him Appa.

Appa, are you alright? Taecyeon asked him.

Ohh yes, son! I thought you were not going to call me Appa, I’m just glad for you to call me Appa. Mr. Lee happily answered Taecyeon.

Of course coz you are my Father. I was longed to call someone Appa, especially to my real father; I’m happy that I found my father and lucky to know that it was you. Taecyeon smiled to him happily.

I’m also lucky to have a son like you. So who’s this girl you’re going to meet? Is it Jessica? The one who help you? Do you love this girl? Mr. Lee asked curiously.

Appa, take it easy. Yes, It’s Jessica but she’s just a friend okay? I don’t love her as what you think about us I love her coz she’s a friend of mine.  I will just call you when I’m ready to go home with you, but seriously I don’t want to leave my house, whenever I’m at home I can feel that Umma is just around me.  Taecyeon said sadly to Mr. Lee.

Its okay my son, I understand. Just tell me when you’re already decide, I will not contradict whatever decision you have in you. Whatever makes you happy, but remember you’re always welcome in my house, our house. Mr. Lee told Taecyeon while patting his shoulder.

Thank you Appa, I will call you with in this week for I can meet your wife and my brother Donghae. I really want to meet them. Taecyeon happily said to Mr. Lee.

After 2 hours Taecyeon and Mr. Lee bid goodbye and hug with each other.

 

-----------------------------------------------------