Chapter V

If she only knew

 

Chapter V

 

2 years later…

Taecyeon decided to spend one year on his Uncle Jay. He helped his Uncle on a business which is a coffee shop. He sometimes do magic tricks for the kids who visit the coffee shop, their customers like it there because they are hospitable, they have a good services.

What’s that on your ear kid? He put his hand on the kid ear and he show some magic tricks when he open his hand there’s a coin on it. The kids love it and their parents too they applaud him, he bowed them as a sign of respect. On that 2 years stay on the coffee shop he never gets a friend. He’s focus on his job.

Uncle Jay, can I go home now? I’m already done here. Taecyeon ask permission to his uncle.

Oh yes, sure! Go ahead. If you’re free tonight meet me at the bar and let’s have some drinks. Uncle Jay invite him.

I’m sorry Uncle but I don’t drink. I’d rather spend my day composing a song. And you know that age like me can’t go to the bar. Taecyeon refused him.

You don’t look like a teenager, they won’t suspect you! You look like 20 years old for me. Well, if you change your mind you can meet me at the bar right next to our coffee shop. I will take care of you, leave it to the expert. Uncle Jay acting weird.

Hahaha. I’m good, don’t you worry. See you tomorrow Uncle Jay. Taecyeon left the coffee shop and head to his apartment. He goes to his room and cleaned the messed on his room when suddenly his mom’s letter drops.

Ohh shoot! It’s been 2 years I’d stay here and I’ve never get a chance to read your letter Umma. I think this is the right time. Glad you drop and I have a chance to read you now.

Taecyeon read the letter of his Umma.

 

Dear Son,

I know it’s hard to be alone. But just keep in your mind I may be gone now but my love is always there for you I’m always around you. I’m really sorry for leaving you. But you’re Appa will take care of you. Have you and Mr. Lee met each other? Did he tell you who your Appa is? Let me tell and explain this to you. My son, you’re Appa didn’t abandoned you. It was me whom you should blame for everything because I don’t want him to take my son, I don’t want him to take you. I’m sorry I lied, I was just afraid of losing you. But you know what? He’s a good man, when we met he said that he won’t take you away from me but just give him a chance to see you and visit you. He was my first love but it’s a big mistake coz he has his own family. I don’t want to ruin his life that’s why I give birth to you secretly but as the day goes by he found out that he has a son with me. You’re Appa is Mr. Lee, please go with him stay with him. You still have your Appa and you know what? You have a brother too. I’m sure they will love you. Protect them, protect your new family protect your brother. Learn to give up when you know that if it’s not for you. Please son, do my entire request. Stay with them and have a good life. Don’t get mad to your Appa, it was all my fault. I’m really sorry! I love you son.

After reading a letter, he was shocked to know the truth that the man who helped him and who’s concern to him was his father. He shed a tear for his Umma’s letter and blame his self for not treating nice to his father.

Is it true Umma? Mr. Lee is my father? Why you didn’t tell me earlier? How can I face him now? Whenever he showed up I treat him bad, I always cold to him. Tears fell from his eyes; he can’t believe that he has still a family left in South Korea.

 

----------------------------

It’s been 3 years and a month now and I didn’t hear from Taecyeon. Did he already come back from Boston? 1 year ago I and Tiffany transferred a dorm. And whenever I visit Aunt Liu and I took a glance on his house, it was still lock. I visit Aunt Liu, once in a month sometimes when I have a busy schedule I failed to visit Aunt Liu... He said he’ll be back after 2 years but why he’s not showing his face to me? He’s the only guy friend I have. I hope he’s fine. Jessica was hoping for his best friend to meet her. While she’s talking to herself Tiffany beat her hard.

Yah! Fany, why’d you do that for? That hurts. Beat Tiffany’s back. I was just afraid that you might turn crazy. I always catch you talking to your self. Tiffany . I’m not talking to my self I’m just practicing. Jessica, pick a reason right away hoping Tiffany will believe her. Practicing what? A scene from a drama? You want to be an actress? You want to act? I thought you love to sing? Tiffany pouted because both of them agreed to have an audition, but she thought that Jessica love’s to act. No, I’m practicing to sing. You know that I love to sing and you too right? We still have an agreement. I won’t let you down; we’ll going to audition at SM Entertainment. Jessica nod and smiled coz Tiffany believes her.

Both of them stop when a group of the guy passes on their classroom. And the rest of the girls screaming and giggling to see those handsome guys.

Look at them. They are so handsome, Isn’t it? They are famous guy here in the school and the whole South Korea, they work at SM Entertainment. But you know what? Even they have a busy schedule they still have time to attend their classes. I really admire them. Tiffany explains to Jessica while giggling.

Yes, I admire them too but I’m not interested to them. Let’s focus on our study; our teacher will be here in a minute. Jessica grabs Tiffany while staring to the group of boys.

Hey! Look. The other guy is staring at you, can’t you see that? Perhaps he likes you. Why don’t you go and introduced yourself to him? Tiffany pokes Jessica and asked her to look to the guy. But Jessica doesn’t mind it at all and after a minute their teacher arrived and their class started.

After the class. A guy approaches Jessica…

Hello there Jessica! A guy approaches her with a cute smile on his face.

How did you know my name? What are you doing here? When those fan girls sees you here talking to me they might attack me. Jessica walk back tried to avoid him.

I asked your friend Tiffany about your name. By the way I’m Lee Donghae but you can just call me Donghae. Are you free tomorrow night? Would you mind to join us in our mini concert? Bring your friend Tiffany along. I’ll give you a free ticket. Donghae invite Jessica with a wide smile.

No, I can’t. I have to do my homework and some of my assignment. Jessica refused the invitation. I have to go. Jessica leaves him and walks away.

C’mon Jessica, just once? I want to know about you; might we could be friends? Please? Donghae plead to her and he hold her arm for her to stop.

Jessica glare at him and he instantly take off his hand.  Okay! I’ll think about it, but I won’t promise! I have to go.

------------------------------

Uncle Jay, I have to fly back to South Korea tomorrow. I will buy a ticket today! I’m sorry this is urgent I can’t stay here a little longer. I already know who my Appa is, I want to meet him. Please Uncle Jay allow me. Taecyeon said and plead to his Uncle Jay wishing that his uncle will permit him.

Chill! Don’t worry I will not tie you, you can go. It’s your choice and I’m not going to stop you whatever decision you have in you. I know you can handle yourself; you can manage it now right? Always take care. Here take this money, I know it’s not enough but take this!  Uncle Jay, hand the money to Taecyeon. No Uncle, I can’t take that. That’s a lot of money. Taecyeon declined.  No, take this. In fact because of you this coffee shop run successful, you really helped a lot so take this please. Uncle Jay insists. I know you also want to buy an iPod for your girlfriend, right? What’s her name? Is it Jessica? The one that you always mentioning me? Uncle Jay . Uncle Jay? She’s not my girlfriend she’s my best friend and I’m not interested to her I mean I don’t want her to be my girlfriend. I don’t need a girlfriend.  She’s my only friend indeed. Taecyeon annoyed and glare to Uncle Jay. Hey! I’m just kidding, why so serious? Better go now so you can take a plane ticket and catch a flight this evening. Uncle Jay, push him and Taecyeon turn to him and hug him tight. Thank you Uncle Jay, please visit me there when you have time to have a vacation. Taecyeon hug him and Uncle Jay, breaks the hug and said Hey! How about you audition as an actor? Look at you, so dramatic. Taecyeon hit him. Why did you just hit me? You want to be an action star? You will just go and get a ticket, that doesn’t mean you’re leaving now, what if they run out of ticket then you can’t leave? Better hurry up now. Uncle Jay tap him and Taecyeon left him to get a plane ticket for his flight.