chapter twelve |

Catching Snowflakes

 

We sat on on top of the Namsan tower, staring at the night sky. There were only a few stars visible , but everything was just so peaceful and relaxing. I let out a breath, watching as a puff of fog formed in the air but quickly faded away.

I realized how we didn't do anything super special for Christmas, but just being her with Daehyun made me feel happy enough. I couldn't even remember how I began falling in love with this idiot. 

 I silently frowned a little, seeing how Daehyun did not mention anything about my gift. It was currently 11:50 at night, meaning Christmas would end in about ten more minutes. 

Okay, maybe I'm being a bit too selfish and unpatient here, but I'm really curious about what this child picked out as a present. 

"Sunshine, you know I love you right?" Daehyun suddenly murmered as I looked at him. "Of course. You repeat it to me everyday. From text messages, to emails, to voice calls, and --"

"I hope you don't get annoyed by it.. I just want you to know how much you mean to me." I smiled softly at him. "I already know that Daehyun. Even without you having to tell me."

He nodded a little before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a box. "Here you go." he handed the box to me before I peered at it interestingly. "Open it~" he urged as I laughed.

I opened the box slowly, revealing a snowflake neckalace. I gasped before picking it up and examining it. 

"So do you like it?" he questioned, fidgeting with his fingers as I smiled at him genuinely. "I love it Dae. Thank you."

Daehyun broke out into a grin before standing up as I followed in suit. "Here, let me put it on for you." I nodded as he grabbed the neckalace from me. Coming closer, he wrapped his arm around my neck as I felt the butterflies in my stomache form again.

It's always the same. I wonder how the boy has this effect on me.

Daehyun pulled back after he was done, admiring how the neckalace looked on me before nodding approvingly. "Yup. I have very good eyes. Fits my sunshine perfectly." His eyes twinkled as I giggled.

We stood there for a while until Daehyun questioned, "Do you know why I got you the snowflake?"

I shook my head, motioning for him to continue explaining. "Well, you're just really special. And you know how snowflakes are never the same? One in a million. And you just happened to be the one I met. Thanks for coming into my life sunshine."

I smiled before holding onto his hands. "I should be the one saying that. One in a million, and I wonder why I feel for you out of all people." I chuckled silently to myself. "It's so hard to imagine me dating this kid."

"Well, you don't have to imagine dating me anymore." he suddenly said as I raised my eyebrow. Daehyun let go of my hands before turning me to face him and holding me by the shoulders.

He looked at me and I could see the sincerity in his eyes. "Sunshine, be mine?"

I laughed before rolling my eyes. "I already am Dae."

He shook his head. "Yeah. But I want everyone to be able to know that you belong to me." I titled my head in confusement. He was acting all serious and strange. He suddenly reached into his pocket and pulled out a little red box, kneeling down on one knee.

My eyes slowly widened as I slightly gasped from the surprise. "We're only 22 right now, so I'm not rushing you into the wedding or anything. Let's just engage and enjoy our time together for now. But still.. Lee Baek Sul, will you marry me?"

I stood there, unable to move or speak for I was still in shock. My eyes began to water as I stared at Daehyun who was looking at me with hopeful eyes. Not trusting myself to form any words, I nodded as he broke into a huge smile. He stood up, taking the ring out of the box before slipping it into my hand.

"Fits perfectly." he whispered, as I hugged him automatically. He smiled before hugging me back. After a few minutes of just standing there, I heard him giggled.

"What?"

"Now, I won't have to be afraid of guys hitting on you." he said as I rolled my eyes at him.

"You're really an idiot, you know that?" I whispered, wrapping my arms around his neck. He smiled softly before bending down to catch my lips right before whispering back, right as the clock struck midnight.

"And this idiot really loves you,  you know that?" 


 

• He can turn any Christmas into the best one a girl could ever have.

And we are done~ Hope you enjoyed this and make sure to leave some comments~ Thanks for sticking with me o u o

-ColorsofAutumn