Unlucky

SEOUL HIGH UNIVERSITY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

...

The scene unfolds, showcasing life's unpredictability, and the fleeting nature of existence.

"Why? Where are you going?" His gaze held concern she couldn't fully grasp, a testament to his care.

"I'm leaving. Don't wait for me tomorrow; I won't be back." The wind whispered as a chill swept by, carrying with it the final traces of warmth. After a brief moment of parting, she stepped into the shadowed unknown.

"You'll come back, won't you?" Her grip tightened on his hand, seeking answers within his eyes, a glimmer of hope to hold onto.

Struggling to contain the tears, she fought the pain that welled in her eyes. She hurt, the extent of her pain too deep to explain. His intentions were clear; she understood what he intended. Slowly, she released her hold.

Taking a step back, she breathed, "You're lying." The word unsettled him, prompting him to step closer, attempting to soothe her with another falsehood. "Sana-yah," he murmured, his voice tender, a last connection before he tightened his grip on her hand, revealing his brokenness.

She empathized with his internal turmoil, aware of his struggle. She had been just twelve when she first felt the weight of heartbreak.

The child gently pulled her hand from his grasp. "Otosan, I can hold back my tears. Go now." At that moment, his tears began to fall, and she pushed him away, a paradox of wanting him to stay while pushing him to leave.

"You'll come back to me, right? My daughter?" he asked, his voice trembling.

Her breath caught.

"No. Never!" Her answer was firm, her back turned as she walked away.

'Father, our paths will never cross again.'

...

 

 

 

 

 

Her reverie was interrupted by the faint sound of someone munching on chips.

"What were you lost in?" Momo, her ever-curious friend, questioned, standing by her side. Sana opened her eyes halfway, exhaling deeply. As always, her inquisitive best friend was there.

She looked at the school's rooftop vista, evading the question. "I don't understand why you keep coming here. Didn't you tell me you hate this feeling?" Momo chimed in.

'It's complicated... I hate it, but it's a feeling that clings to me. Maybe because that is where our paths diverged.'

"No, Momoring, I hate your mouth more." Her reply was casual, inviting a pout from Momo.

"Let's head back to class before lunch ends."

Having reached the 6th floor, Sana and Momo stood by the elevator, anticipating its doors to slide open when... "Move! Get out of the way!"

A girl sprinted down the hallway, swiftly navigating through students. Suddenly, a gasp rippled through the crowd, whispers of recognition and astonishment following. Amidst the commotion, the girl accidentally collided with Sana, their heads meeting in a jarring impact. A groan escaped both, met with a high-pitched squeal from Momo, who had an unobstructed view of the entire scene.

"Aishh," the oblivious girl muttered, rubbing her head.

Sana stumbled for a moment, her head spinning from the impact. Their eyes met for the first time, igniting a spark of annoyance as Sana recognized the girl's monolids. A mix of familiarity and irritation flooded her senses.

"Hey! Are you okay?" Momo rushed to help Sana regain her balance.

"Oh my... shoot." The stranger cursed upon recognition. "Miss S-Sana?! Kim Sana?!" Upon realizing who stood before her, the girl was mortified, stumbling through apologies and bows.

"How do you know me? What's your name?" Sana's irritation prompted the question without thought. The girl looked puzzled, snapping Sana back to reality.

"Seriously! You should've been more careful," Momo scolded the girl, genuinely worried about her friend's sudden remark.

"I never thought you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter