Royal

SEOUL HIGH UNIVERSITY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A jolt of heat swept through Dahyun's veins as she crossed the university threshold. Eyes, laser-sharp, drilled into her back. Not again. A weary sigh escaped her lips, anxiety coiling in her gut like a venomous serpent. What fresh hell awaited?

Suddenly, a blur of pink hair materialized before her. Kim Seok-Ah, a distant acquaintance, her smile plastered wide like a cartoon. "Dahyun-ah!" she chirped, latching onto the pale girl's arms like an overeager koala.

Dahyun froze, a deer caught in headlights. She fumbled, trying to pry her arms free. "I, uh..."

"I didn't know you're friends with the royal member," she uttered, leaving the pale girl momentarily confused. Friends? With a royal member?

"Huh? What do you mean?" Dahyun asked, still puzzled.

"Oh come on, you don't have to be humble about it." Seok-Ah chirped, oblivious to Dahyun's mortification. "The royal member's been waiting for you! She's even in your seat, waiting for you to arrive." Her eyes sparkled with mischievous glee. However, this left Dahyun in complete surprise.

"WHAT?" A strangled squeak escaped Dahyun. Her mind reeled, confusion a tangled mess. She clutched her bag, a tremor coursing through her. A royal member waiting for me on my seat? Who could that be? she gripped her bag tightly and turned her back from the building. "There's only one person in mind who would do that," she mumbled. "Kim Sa-"

"Wait!" Seok-Ah shrieked, grabbing Dahyun's backpack.

"I'm going home," was what she answered.

"You can't leave! Ms. Myoui Mina is waiting!" The name hit Dahyun like a sledgehammer. Ms. Myoui? The Ms. Myoui? Her heart hammered a frantic tattoo against her ribs.

...

"Here comes the star pupil!" a student's voice echoed through the hushed classroom. Everyone's eyes swivelled towards Dahyun, their gazes heavy with a mix of curiosity and envy. She navigated the stairs, each step a herculean effort, until she reached her desk. And there she was.

"Fancy seeing you again, Ms. Cuti- I mean, Ms. Kim," Mina greeted, her smile as dazzling as a thousand suns.

Dahyun managed a hesitant smile, her stomach churning."It's nice to see you too Ms. Myoui," she greeted back, making the royal member grin out of adoration. However, the pale girl was oblivious to it as she maintain her head down.

"Uh, mind if we talk somewhere… less populated?" Dahyun whispered, her voice barely audible over the thrumming in her ears.

Mina scanned the room, a playful glint in her eyes. "Why? I kinda like your space here."

Dahyun scratched her head, feeling the heat creep up her neck. "It's just… everyone's watching." she murmured, enough for Mina to hear. Mina chuckled, a melody that sent shivers down Dahyun's spine.

"Well then, shall we go on a date?" she purred, her voice sending ripples through the formerly silent room.

Dahyun's brain short-circuited. A date? But… wasn't she here to confront me about the form?

"B-but..." Before she could voice her confusion, Mina stood, glancing at her watch. "Later at lunch, Ms. Kim. I'll call you." And with that, the royal vision sashayed out, leaving Dahyun in a whirlwind of conflicting emotions.

"But she didn't even ask for my number," the pale girl whispered to herself before plopping herself down her seat.

"Wow, a lunch date with the Myoui Mina? You're really something, Kim Dahyun." A smug voice slithered from behind. Dahyun didn't need to turn to know it was Nancy, her very hater's venomous hiss.

"And heard your besties lost their spot in SHU? Want to be next?" Dahyun taunted, her eyes gleaming with confidence.

"You're a Kim Dahyun," the girl uttered irritated before slamming on her table and walking out.

Just then, Tzuyu, a ray of sunshine in human form, arrived.

"Dahyun Unnie!" she exclaimed, her eyes searching Dahyun's face. "You came!" She plopped down beside her, concern etched on her features. "Do your arms still hurt? How are you?"

"I'm okay, Tzu. Thanks for asking. And look, the bruises are almost gone!" Dahyun reassured her, feeling a warmth blossom in her chest at Tzuyu's genuine care.

"That's good. It's also a relief that those bullies' got what they deserve, there's no room for them here." Tzuyu's voice was firm, her indignation a balm to Dahyun's anxieties.

"Speaking of which, thanks to Jihyo unnie. My life here will be so much better." Dahyun smiled, grateful for her friends' unwavering support.

Tzuyu's brow furrowed momentarily. "Actually… you don't know?"

Dahyun stared at her, waiting for what she have to say.

"It is n-..." Tzuyu was unable to finish her sentence when the newly arrived professor interrupted. "Goodmorning Class!" The professor greeted.

"I'll just tell you later,"

...

The professor dismissed them with a smile as he collected his belongings. As soon as he stepped outside their classroom a series of groans and sighs invaded them.

"Ughh, I'm so done with essays. Can't he give us something more interesting. I bet he had given us at least 8 research projects for this semester." Tzu complained as she gathered her things and empty her desk.

"Should we shift program now?" Tzu added, looking at the pale girl who chuckled at her.

"I like essays Tzu." she replied.

"Ugh, that's boring Unnie."

The two of them stood up and ready to exit their room. With a couple of steps, Dahyun's phone chimed. Indicating that she received a message.

"Dahyun-ssi, don't forget our date. > 3 < "

-unknown number

"How did she get my num

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter