Not yours

SEOUL HIGH UNIVERSITY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

"Are you feeling better now? What if you collapse again? Why not take the elevator instead of the stairs? Momo's persistent concerns followed Sana as she insisted on returning to their private lounge.

Known as the Palace Room, it was designed for the royal class. The space boasted a massive fridge b with snacks, a sleek modular sofa surrounding a lavish coffee table, a screen spanning 98 inches, and a pair of desks, each with its purpose. Yet, one area remained untouched due to the last black ribbon's anonymous owner.

"I've already assured you. This isn't serious enough for me to idle away in that room all day," Sana replied.

Sana was occasionally labeled an 'emo less girl'—short for emotionless—or 'Ms. Ice' due to her unyielding demeanor. She conversed with others as though they were mere gusts of wind, imparting an air of condescension. Renowned for her beauty and intellect, she was equally renowned for her steadfast rejections.

Most of her roommates had tried their hand at winning her over, wagering on their abilities, yet each met the same verdict: a resounding 'no.'

Her resolve was unshakable; she harbored skepticism toward the concept of love. This skepticism stemmed from her father's abandonment and the adoption she endured.

"Why did you let that girl go without seeking compensation? She must be held accountable for her actions," Momo inquired, trailing behind Sana. Momo huffed before locking eyes with her friend.

"Aren't you being unnecessarily harsh? It was an accident. No one intends for such things to happen. Furthermore, it seemed someone was chasing her at the time," Sana responded, causing Momo to roll her eyes.

"Really? Like when you roasted her in the infirmary?" Sana paused briefly, causing Momo to bump into her.

"Hey! Are you trying to make me unconscious too?" Momo protested.

"You know how much it grates on me when people feign competence they clearly lack," Sana remarked.

"Fine, have it your way. But our gossip-loving Mitang won't miss this. And I can't make any guarantees regarding that girl," Momo smirked as she pulled out her phone and walked ahead. Sana could only shake her head in disbelief.

•••

 

 

 

 

 

"Sana and Momo? I thought Miss Kim needed to rest?" Mr. Lim queried upon noticing the two figures in the hallway of their room.

"No, sir. I'm perfectly fine," Sana replied, leaving no room for further discussion as she promptly entered the room. All eyes were on her, but no one dared utter a word. Perhaps because they were well-acquainted with her predictable reaction.

Sana's rumors quickly permeated the campus. Various accounts of the incident circulated with minor discrepancies. Some alleged she had collided with a young man. Others claimed they had become friends, as she hadn't requested compensation. A faction even speculated that she harbored feelings for the young man, hence her apparent nonchalance.

The campus spotlight remained fixated on every facet of Sana, particularly during these minor crises. Naturally, these tales didn't escape the scrutiny of her critics, who gleefully spun tales and passed judgment. Sana was inescapable, and every move she made seemed destined for scrutiny.

"Ms. Ice had a collision that left her unconscious." Posted 5 minutes ago.

: I heard it was a handsome guy, and she's smitten.

: They said she didn't ask for compensation. Who does she think she is? I heard she lives in a tiny apartment. She should've demanded payment.

: Maybe the knock to her head made her realize how regrettable it is to spurn all those who fancy her. Just desserts.

: Ridiculous. Did you see her designer clothes in her online photos?

: But it's true she lives in a small apartment. Who knows, maybe her wardrobe is filled with knock-offs, lol.

: Someone said it was a girl who collided with her. Someone witnessed it live, it's epic.

 

 

 

One particular rumor, though seemingly implausible, took hold.

Soon, Sana's gossip was overshadowed by another's.

 

 

 

 

"Hey! What happened? Aren't you going to fill me in?" Tzuyu, Dahyun's friend, questioned upon Dahyun's entry into the classroom.

"Nothing good, Tzu." Dahyun sighed wearily.

Tzuyu was Dahyun's sole companion in their class. Though Dahyun participated in various university activities, she didn't belong to any specific clique. She often accompanied Tzuyu and Jihyo, her friends from the first day. Additionally, Dahyun spent time with Chae, whom she met in the university's art club.

Today, however, fate seemed less than kind. A circulating post on the forum falsely accused her of being pregnant with her supposed ex-boyfriend. Though her name wasn't explicitly mentioned, the initials and description left no doubt. The assertion was ludicrous; Dahyun generally had no interest in men, let alone having an ex-boyfriend.

The day's events weighed heavily on her. She'd managed to stir up trouble with the royals and was now caught in the public eye. Though suspicious, she refrained from attributing this situation to the royals. Caution was her current watchword.

"Are you okay? How about skipping class tomorrow to rest?" Tzuyu inquired, concern lacing her voice as she patted Dahyun's shoulder. Dahyun gathered her belongings from her desk, while the room's occupants sneaked glances at her.

"Yah! Daebak! Have you seen this? KDH, a student from the Multimedia Arts Department Section 7A?! That's our class, right?" A classmate exclaimed, prompting Dahyun to pause momentarily before resuming her packing.

Tzuyu grabbed her bag, comprehending the situation.

"Are you all right?" Tzuyu whispered as she followed Dahyun down the corridor. She couldn't help but wonder why Dahyun had suddenly become the subject of rumors.

"I'm fine, Tzu. I shouldn't let these kinds of rumors bother me," Dahy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter