Chapter 9

Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After eating breakfast, Jong Kook took out a debit card and a paper with the PIN and put it in front of Ji Hyo. “This card is for you to buy things. You can use this for household expenses. I will transfer money into this every month when my salary is in, but you need to look at whatever you buy. I do not mind you spending the money but I just need to know where will you use it.”

 

Back when they just got their marriage certificate, Ji Hyo asked him if they should go halves with their expenses, into which Jong Kook shot down for they were already married and they were already family. He does not mind giving her money. Jong Kook had a lot of money and he barely had the time to spend it since he was always at work. At least his wife can now help him to use it. Yet, it does not mean that Jong Kook wanted to be taken advantage of.

 

Ji Hyo could not stand Jong Kook’s attitude and slid back the debit card and the PIN back to Jong Jook, she did not even looked at it.

 

“Mr. Kim, you are not the only one in the house, I am living here too. The house is already bought so I save on rent by living here. I cannot let you pay for the household expenses too. I will pay for whatever is needed for the house. I will discuss with you if the item I’m gonna buy is more than two thousand, you can share with whatever amount you want.”

 

Ji Hyo’s income were high enough to cover their daily household expenses so there was no need for Jong Kook to pay unless it was expensive. It is not that she couldn’t accept his money, but the way he said it was wrong. He made it seem like she was after his money, he even told her to keep track of the purchases.

 

Jong Kook was very smart. From the refusal, Jong Kook felt that his attitude hurt Ji Hyo’s pride. He thought for a moment then pushed back the debit card and paper toward Ji Hyo. With a soft tone, “I know you own a bookshop, but how much do you make? This is both our house, so I have to share with the expenses too. Take it. You don’t need to record your purchases if you don’t want to. Anyway, have you thought of buying a car? Do you need my help for the downpayment? You can afford the monthly payment with your income.”

 

Jong Kook did not look at Ji Hyo’s income but he assumed that she must be doing well since she built a bookshop at the entrance of Hanyang University.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter