Ch. 3: Yes or Yes?

Married to my Straight Unnie

Jihyo raised her eyebrows as she eyes the brunette whose body is slumped in her desk.
 

The moment Nayeon stepped foot in the office, they already knew that something is not right. 
 

Aside from Nayeon's imperfectly placed lipstick, the bags in her eyes and slow-walking says it all. 
 

"56! 56 sighs girl asdfghjkl" Jeongyeon's scream was muffled as Jihyo forced a fist-sized bread on . 
 

Jihyo worries as Nayeon seems to always be in deep thought. 

(And that she just counted 46 sighs from the girl sfrom morning till lunch so where the hell did the other 10 came from?) 
 

"Cut the crap Jeongyeon unnie. Say Nayeon unnie what's wrong?" The oldest shrugged her shoulders as she eats her meal. 
 

"Oohh did you finally realized that you're gay? Or maybe you're finally getting married eh lkjhgfdsa?" Jeongyeon deadpanned before Jihyo imediately strained another piece on .
 

"There is no way that Nayeon will get married - Uwahh Nayeon unnie here."
 

Nayeon choked on her food and began to cough violently. Jihyo widened her eyes as she (might have) realized something. 
 

"Im Nayeon," Jihyo started as she carefully choose her next words. "Are you finally getting married?"
 

Nayeon can feel the air around her gotten colder. She trust her friends so much and lying is not the best option. 
 

She can't just directly tell that Sana's proposal is the reason as to why she lacks of sleep. She can't tell them that a certain Minatozaki is invading her precious mind. And she can't just tell them that she really considers Sana's proposal. 
 

"Maybe? Maybe yes, maybe not."
 

Jeongyeon sensed that it is something serious. "Jihyo don't you dare feed me again. Nayeon. spill. now."
 

 

Nayeon told them about her parents wanting her to marry another guy, named Park Chanyeol and Sana's proposal. 
 

"Wait so they introduced you, the Park Chanyeol"
 

"And then Sana brought ice cream"
 

"Then she proposed to you"
 

"You slammed the door on her face because she told you she might sleep with you"
 

"And you did not sleep because you consider marrying Sana just to stop your parents annoying your single life."
 

"Wow Nayeon. So you're being anxious right now, not because of the Park guy but because of Sana asking you to marry her instead?"
 

Nayeon did not why and how did it happen but she cursed under her breath as she felt her face heat up as she just imagined Sana kneeling on one knee with a gorgeous silver ring in hand asking the iconic line 'will you marry me?' 
 

Jihyo knows about Sana's feelings for Nayeon but for Sana to sacrificed her own feelings just so Nayeon's parents won't annoy her single life anymore is one heck of a big thing. 
 

Damn it Minatozaki, what are you planning?
 

Jeongyeon is amused as she sees the confident Im Nayeon - blushing. "Oh bunny, do you like our little Sana?"
 

"NO!" Nayeon immediately bowed to the people at the office while whispering apologies. 
 

"Stop being defensive. I get it, YOU don't like her." Jeongyeon surrendered her hands up at the fuming bunny in front of them. 
 

"Then don't ask stupid things Yoo" 
 

"Alright stop. Break is almost over, let's just get back to work. And Nayeon unnie we'll talk later."
 

Nayeon continued to work with her distracted mind. After a few hours of working (and thinking of Sana) her phone beeped beside her indicating a new message. 
 

          Nayeon unnie, I'll walk you home tonight. 
          Let's eat dinner outside ^_^ 
          Don't worry my treat!
          So what do you say, yes or yes?
                                                                                -Okay, wait for me.

--- BZZZ-BZZZ ---
 

"Ahh finally we're done" Jeongyeon suggested at the two.
 

"Great! What do you say, Nayeon unnie?" The two looked at each ther confuse as they see Nayeon packed up way too fast than usual
 

"Sana texted me. We will be having dinner tonight too"   "Can we come with you?"
 

Nayeon shifted her face as the two begs at her with pleading eyes. 
 

"I was expecting to be just the two of us. I'll text Sana first."
 

Before she can get her phone, Jihyo and jeongyeon immediately run to whoever was at the door.
 

"No need Nayeonnie. Jihyo unnie and Jeongyeon unnie ofcourse you can. I'll also ask Minaring and Momoring." 
 

"Uwahh Sana I missed you" Sana just hugged Jihyo whose clinging on to her saying she missed them too. 
 

Nayeon silently coughed behind her hand to get their (more like Sana's) attention.
 

"How did you get in Sana? I thought you'll wait in the lobby" The youngest smiled at the brunette before speaking.
 

"I have my ways Unnie," Sana winked at the oldest while getting Nayeon's bag. "Let's go?" 
 

As they reached the parking lot, Sana immediately jogged to open the passenger seat for Nayeon together with her line "careful Nayeonnie"
 

Nayeon just glared at the teasing eyes of the two as they glance at sanayeon. 
 

"Does Nayeon always sits at the passenger?" Jeongyeon wondered at the closeness of the two.
 

Sana hummed, "Always that I almost think I'm her free service." The two at the back just laughed at the pouting Nayeon and did not miss to notice Sana's heart eyes staring intently at Nayeon.
 

"Ahem. Sana looked at the front, we might crash landing on the street before she says yes." Sana quickly shift her eyes to Jeongyeon mentally asking, am-i-that-obvious?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

After 15 minutes of roaming around the city (and Jihyo singing 'Yes or Yes' as if teasing Nayeon will do anything) the oldest in the passenger seat rushed to the restaurant leaving the three bewildered to her sudden acts. 
 

Sana thought she's really hungry and she'll surely thank Momo later for ordering foods in advance. 
 

As she turned around, she almost got a heart attack to see Jeongyeon and Jihyo glaring at her. 
 

Jihyo is the first one to speak, "I hope you knew what you're doing Sana." Jeongyeon gripped Sana's shoulders (scaring her).
 

The two almost loose their cool when Sana glared back at them with the same (or even much more) intensity while holding Jeongyeon's wrist, "Do you think I don't?"
 

Jihyo cracked as she saw the seriousness in Sana's eyes. She really loves her. 
 

"Thank you Sana." They left Sana alone thinking what is it they are grateful for.


 

Sana entered the KNOCK-KNOCK RESTO and spotted her friends. 
 

She cursed under her breath as the only seat left is the one beside Nayeon. Damn it. 
 

"Finally we're complete. Dubu and Chae are in the restroom and Tzu is just upstairs" Momo said while waiting for them.
 

"SANA UNNIE" Tzuyu immediately hugged Sana as soon as she spot her. Groans were then heard from the rest of the girls asking Tzuyu to hug them too.
 

"Oh stop it Unnies. You always go here. I only got to meet Sana-unnie again after she graduated!"
 

They started to dig in once the food is served. Chaeyoung noticed the silence that they can almost hear the air-condition (even if there are a few customers with them)
 

"Unnies? Is there a problem?" The older six just looked at each other while simultaneously saying "None" "Nothing" "No worries" and continued to finish their meals.
 

The others started to talk more and more and not too long the group is back to being loud. 
 

Nayeon swore time went so slow. She looked to her right to see Sana staring right back at her, "Nayeonnie you okay?" silently whispered so that the others won't hear them.
 

Yes. As soon as Nayeon said that, her phone beeped. She mentally rolled her eyes to see a message from her mother. 
    
        Nayeon sweetie come home next week alright. 
        I have another surprise for you.
        This time you won't be able to say no, Nayeon sweetie. 

 

Nayeon knew what the surprise means. Crap another headache. 
 

She still remembered the last thing her father told her before she walked out of the house. 

"We already gave you different choices of men you can choose from. I will make sure the next time you step foot in this house, you'll like the person we want for you and you'll agree with us."
 

it! She eyed Sana whose laughing at whatever stories Jeongyeon was discussing. Sana is pretty, smart, talented, nice, caring, patient and more and more things that she can list which all leads to one thing - a girlfriend material
 

Nayeon decided to calm her breathe as she glanced one last time to her wife-to-be as she finally made a decision.
 

--- BAAM ---
 

The whole table is startled and some looked confused and scared while Sana looks at Nayeon with concerning eyes since the oldest suddenly stands up and slams the table that shut everyone up.
 

Sana also stands and touched Nayeon who clenched her fist on the table with a determined look.
 

"Sana." 
 

"Nayeonnie? What's wrong? Do you want to go home? I'll get the car j- "
 

"Sana I-I" 
 

"Come on Nayeonnie breathe"  Wow. déjà vu
 

The others watched the exchange of the two as if they are in their own world. They saw how Sana cared for Nayeon. They saw the way Nayeon snuggled to Sana like depending her life on it. They saw how the two gotten much closer than before.
 

"Sana...YES.." Jihyo just sipped her drink to hide her smiling face. 
 

"W-what yes? Oh you want to go home, okay wai-"
 

"NO, SANA YES. YES. YES" Nayeon loudly said to clear her words. 
 

"EHH? YES?"
 

Sana suddenly widened her eyes not really believing at first.
 

"YES?! YOU MEAN, ITS A YES? IS IT WHAT I THINK IT IS? YES? NAYEONNIE I KNO- " Mina tried so hard not to laugh at a panicking Sana.
 

"MINATOZAKI SANA YES. I WILL MARRY YOU.. LETS GET MARRIED" 

"......"

"......" 

"......"

"......"

"..I THOUGHT NAYEON UNNIE WAS STRAAAIGHT??!"
 

"...WHAT? MARRIED?"
 

"UNNIES WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" 
 

Jeongyeon knew that Nayeon is a confident person but to be this confident is surely interesting to see. 
 

Nayeon did not know that saying YES to someone felt that good. 
 

She did not know being in Sana's arms makes her feel safe and sound.
 

She did not know how they end up running out the resto while holding hands and leaving their confuse friends and one cheering at them similar to a couple running away.
 

All she knows is that she won't be able to forget Sana's smile the moment she said YES to her. What she failed to realize is that Sana's smile is meant for her and only her to see. 
 

Little did they know that this YES will also be the start of the rollercoaster ride they will be in. 
 

 

Tzuyu facepalmed at her Unnies. She did not know that someone as straight as Nayeon will marry someone as gay as Sana. She immediately shushed down the whole table since aside from them, they are also other customers in the resto.
 

Mina glanced at the door to see Sana starting the engine. She also shushed down their friends and laughed at Chaeyoung's jaw dropped. Until she saw a familiar person sitting not far from them but she can't remember where did she see her. She just shrugged it off and continued to drink their wine.