Friends

Reply 2010

Nayeon is looking at her phone and she sighs. She has been calling Jeongyeon for the whole day but the later doesn't answer. She is worried as well as wondering what's wrong with Jeongyeon.

She knows that Jeongyeon was sad on that day and she didn't have the chance to make up with her. She guesses that the basketball Captain is now angry with her. Yeah. That's why she doesn't answer my calls. Nayeon is giving answers to herself and she tries to break her worries.

Today is the Award giving ceremony day and they all will go to the ceremony to enjoy the party. It is their usual thing to go to the ceremony together for four years. But this year, Nayeon has different plans for herself to go with her new friends.

She tries to tell Jeongyeon about it since three days ago but Jeongyeon has skipped classes for three days. And she doesn't want to go to her house as she believes it will be look like doing over.

What if Jeongyeon will come to her house and pick her up? Nayeon becomes worries all of a sudden and she decides to send a text to her bestfriend. She writes the content and hestitates for a few minutes then she sighs and presses Send button which she regrets immediately.

She waits for ths reply but Yoo Jeongyeon seems she does not care about Nayeon at all. Nayeon is pouting and she is waiting for the call from her bestfriend when the door is opened and her mother appears at the door.

" Honey, your friends are here."

" Nae, omma."

Nayeon smiles at her and she takes her bag as she skips her way to the front door. Mina smiles at her when she enters the car. Momo is at the driver seat as usual and Sana is on the passenger seat.

" Where is Eunbi? "

" Oh, she is the announcer today and she has to go early."

Sana explains as Momo starts driving to their next direction. They stop the car in front of Sakura's house and Sakura leads them to her bedroom as they need to help her with make-up, clothes, hairstyle and everything.

Well, actually, it is only the J-line who are doing everything. Nayeon is just sitting on the bed as she is holding her phone tightly and waiting for Jeongyeon's call.

Momo sits beside her as she notices that the oldest is down with her mood and she asks.

" Unnie, are you ok? You seem something is bothering you."

" Yeah. I am waiting for Jeongyeon's phone. I can't contact her for three days and I am worried for her now."

" Hmm, you said you are just friends. Forget about her and let's have fun."

Sana joins them and Nayeon looks at her. She looks carefully at the oldest's face and she frowns.

" Unnie, you are really not ok. Wait- are you sure you don't like her? "

They ask and Nayeon sighs as she is not sure about telling them. But what are friends for? They will listen and give me advices, right? Nayeon inhales and she looks at them.

" It's not like this. Wait. Promise me one thing first. You can't tell about it to Yoo Jeongyeon."

" Don't worry, unnie. We won't."

" Yes, you can trust us. We are friends and we always stand on our friend's side."

They said and Nayeon nods as she decides to tell them about her problem.

" Actually, I lied on that night because there was my mother at that time."

She said and the J-line look at each other as they have been suspicious of Nayeon's words on that night. Now, it seems they are correct.

" My parents do not want me to be with Jeongyeon and I lied to them that I am not into girls so they don't need to be worried about me. I said that we are just friends on that night on purpose so that my mother will hear me and believe me."

Nayeon lowers her head in sadness.

" I know I am a coward but I can't find proper words to explain about myself to my parents. I don't dare to oppose them. And I don't want to hurt Jeongyeon too at the same time. It seemed she heard me at that night. And I can't call her since that time."

Nayeon finishes her explaination and Mina holds her hand.

" Unnie, don't give up yet. You will find a way soon."

" Yes, unnie. You should try to talk to her today. May be she will understand you."

" Alright. Thank you, girls."

She smiles at the Japanese girls. At that time, they hear a small voice from the bathroom where Sakura has been changing.

" I don't think this dress will be ok with me."

" Just come out, Sakura. Let us see."

Sana shouts back and the door is opened.

" Uh oh."

The four girls who are sitting on the bed said in unison when they see Sakura standing in front of us.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                        xxx                                            xxx

 

 

 

 

Hyewon is already at the Awards ceremony and she is not with her camera for the first time as she is one of the norminees of Photo Contest. She is sitting at one of the tables and waiting for her friends to arrive. But there is still no sign of them when the ceremony starts.

Hyewon is not sure about herself. What if she loses? Will she be able to let go of her photography? Or what if she wins? Will she be able to kiss Kwon Eunbi in front of everyone? Haha, no way. This will be very embarrassing.

While she is lost in her own thoughts, the announcer is calling the winners of the various categories and finally it comes. 

" The winner of the Seoul University Photo Contest 2010 is... "

Hyewon is praying hard as she wants to win badly. The announcer pauses to get the attention and the background music is driving her crazy. There are five photos of the norminees on the projector. Please. Please. Please.

" Kang Hyewon from third year!!!! "

The announcer announces and Hyewon jumps up from her seat in joy. She walks up to the stage to receive the award. She is surprised when she finds out that it is Kwon Eunbi who brings the trophy for her.

The Principal takes the trophy and he gives it to Hyewon, saying Congratulation. Hyewon takes the trophy and she smiles at him. She can see that Eunbi is looking at her with a smile on her face and Hyewon winks at her before she comes down from the stage.

The ceremony continues and finally, it is time for the basketball team to give the Cup to school. Chaeyeon walks to the stage on behalf of Basketball team and she gives the Champion Cup to the Principal.

" Now, it is time for the thank you speech from Lee Chaeyeon on behalf of students."

The announcer announces and Chaeyeon is left on the stage. She takes the mic from the mic stand and starts her speech.

" Hello, Mr.Principal, our beloved teachers, my seniors, juniors and friends. I am new Basketball team leader, Lee Chaeyeon."

At that time, the door is opened and a group of girls enter the hall. Everyone is checking out the queens and it is an usual thing of them being very beautiful. But they don't know the last person who follows them.

" Who is she? She is so beautiful."

" Wait- is she Miyawaki Sakura? "

" OMG!!! This is Sakura."

" Damn, she is so beautiful."

The crowd is filled with whispers as Sakura skips her way in the middle of the crowd. She is nervously smiling as it is not used to her.

Her hair is cut on shoulder length and dyed in brunette. She has done make-up which matches her pink short dress which ends above her knees. She doesn't wear her funny glasses anymore and she is showing her true beauty to the world.

Chaeyeon notices the whispers too and she looks in the crowd to see Sakura. She smiles and continues her speech.

" I promise we will bring victory next year too. Ok, I think everyone has been bored already. Let's skip to the dance part now. For me, I want to spend tonight with the most beautiful person tonight."

She finishes her speech as she puts the mic on the mic stand. And she jumps down from the stage and makes her way into the crowd. Everyone is watching them and moving to the side to make way for them. Only Sakura is left in the middle.

She does not look at Chaeyeon as she is too blushing. Chaeyeon smiles and she gives her hand to Sakura.

" Can I have the dance with the most beautiful girl tonight? "

Sakura is shy but she does not want to let down Chaeyeon so she takes the taller girl's hand without looking at her. The music starts immediately and everyone starts dancing too.

Chaeyeon holds on Sakura and she smiles at the shorter girl.

" You are really beautiful tonight."

" Thank you."

Sakura still does not look at Chaeyeon. They move with the music and Sakura takes a peek at Chaeyeon who is staring at her. Ahh, why is she staring at me? Sakura has no strength left to shift the gaze and she feels fluttering as soon as she finds herself drowning in Chaeyeon's warm gaze.

" Jjaeyeon? "

" Hmm? "

" You are an angel to me."

Sakura blurs out and Chaeyeon smiles. She pulls the girl closer to her and leans to her ear to whisper the most important information.

" No, it's you who is the real angel."

Sakura looks at her with her round eyes and Chaeyeon just responds with her eyesmile.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                             xxx

 

 

 

 

Momo, Sana, Mina and Nayeon are sitting at a table while they are watching Sakura and Chaeyeon dancing. They seem to be happy. It is nice to see them in romantic situation. And that should be me and Jeongyeon too.

Nayeon sighs for countless times while she is looking for her friend who still has not shown up yet. While she is thinking, she feels a hand on her shoulder and she turns around to see Jeongyeon beside her.

" Jeongyeon!! Yah! Where have you been? Why you did not answer my calls? I was so worried about you."

Nayeon stands up in joy as soon as she sees her bestfriend. She attacks with too many questions but the taller girl just gives her a smile.

" Sorry. I was busy."

At that time, a man walks to them and Nayeon doesn't understand why he is smiling sweetly at Jeongyeon. And to her surprise, he wraps his arm around Jeongyeon's waist, making every one of them to widen their eyes. Jeongyeon seems she doesn't mind at all and she introduces them with him.

" Girls, this is my boyfriend, Park Jimin. Oppa, they are my friends from cheerleading team, Sana, Mina and Momo."

" Nice to meet you."

He bows at them and greets while Nayeon is still in her shock, staring at them. She can't move, her brain goes numb and her friends are wondering that her heart is still working. But Jeongyeon seems she doesn't aware of this.

" And this is my Bestfriend, Im Nayeon."

They all feel that Jeongyeon emphasize the word "Bestfriend" on purpose. Nayeon feels Momo's hand grabbing hers under the table and she regains her conscious. She tries to smile and bows at the man.

" Nae, nice to meet you."

She wonders her voice is crack. But Jeongyeon turns to her boyfriend cutely and she asks him.

" Oppa, do you want to dance? "

" Yes, of course. I can't wait to have my first dance wirh you."

Nayeon is watching the way Jeongyeon giggling with a blushing face. No. This is not true. Jeongyeon is doing this because she is angry with me. Why she has to date all of a sudden? Nayeon thinks and she grabs Jeongyeon's arm who is about to go to dance.

" Jeongyeon-ah."

" Wae? Chingu."

Jeongyeon said while she is staring at Nayeon's eyes. Nayeon feels like her world has scattered into pieces when she hears Chingu from Jeongyeon. She lets go of Jeongyeon's arm weakly and shakes her head. Jeongyeon gives a glance at her before she is dragged by her boyfriend.

Nayeon falls on her chair lifelessly and her friends become worried for her.

" Unnie, are you ok? "

" Yeah. I was just... in shock."

Nayeon whispers and she looks at Jeongyeon dancing happily with her boyfriend. She is even hugging him by his neck and it is heartbroken to watch this.

" I get what I deserve."

Nayeon whispers and she looks at her friends and tries to smile at them.

" Go dance, girls. Don't worry about me. I'm fine."

She said but they don't believe her. But it will be worse to treat her like a loser so the girls start to leave the table, leaving Nayeon alone.

While the drama is happening, Tzuyu is also in the ceremony. She has been alone as Chaeyoung doesn't like this kind of things and Hyewon is taking her trophy. But she has to be here as she wants to meet someone.

She is looking around the hall and finally, she spots the certain person in the crowd. A smile appears on her face as soon as she sees her and she walks to her slowly.

Minatozaki Sana is standing near the drinks stand and she seems she is interested in something. When she reaches near to Sana, Tzuyu is about to call her but Sana suddenly takes two drinks in her hands and walks away.

" Hmmm."

Tzuyu keeps watching the girl and she is surprised when Sana is heading to a super white girl. She hands one of the drinks she is carrying to the girl and the girl takes it gladly.

Tzuyu rolls her eyes and she lets out a laugh as she watches Sana talking happily to the blue headed girl. Who is she? Her new friend? Why I don't know her? Many questions pop up in her mind at that time.

" It seems she has her partner for tonight."

Tzuyu thinks and she turns around. She is too good at controlling her emotions. She tries to smile again as she walks away from there as she sees her friend Hyewon in the other side of the crowd.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                      xxx                                             xxx

 

 

 

 

Hyewon is sitting alone at the corner and she is watching her trophy with a huge smile on her face. This is her success. This is also a huge step for her career.

" Congratulation."

She looks up and smiles when she sees Eunbi. The older girl also smiles at her and she sits across Hyewon at the table.

" I have to thank you for letting me use your photo."

Hyewon said and Eunbi nods.

" Yes, it is a very good photo. I look very beautiful."

Hyewon smiles in satisfaction. Silence takes place between them as they don't talk with each other. Eunbi feels she does not hate Hyewon anymore since the day they helped them with their car.

" Kang Hyewon, I- "

" About that bet- "

They talk in unison and they laugh together. Hyewon nods and she lets the older girl to talk first. Eunbi smiles and she looks at Hyewon.

" About that bet, where do you want? Right now? "

" No, I was going to tell you that you don't have to give me. I was just kidding. And we are friends now, right? Friends don't do bully things."

Hyewon said and Eunbi gives her full marks in her mind. She is not only talented but also well mannered. She stands up and pulls Hyewon with her.

" Ok, friend. Let me dance with you at least. Don't make me feel bad."

Eunbi said and she pulls Hyewon to the dancing floor. The younger girl has no idea of what they are going to do.

" I can't dance. I mean I don't know how to."

Hyewon said as she lets Eunbi to drag her. Eunbi smirks and she puts Hyewon's hand on her waist. She raises her eyebrows and puts her hand on Hyewon's shoulder.

" Then, follow unnie's lead."

" Unnie? "

" Yeah, I'm older than you."

" Obviously."

Hyewon said while she is trying her best not to step on Eunbi's foot. They keep moving along the music till it changes to another song. Eunbi smiles and she looks up Hyewon.

" You are not that bad at dancing."

Hyewon can't smile as she just stares at Eunbi's face. The girl is not the queen she has been seeing all the time. She is innocently smiling at Hyewon and it amazes Hyewon for the second time.

Her facial features are perfect. The most beautiful things are a pair of stars twinkling under the lights. Hyewon unconsciously bites her lip as she is staring at Eunbi, making Eunbi to be blushed due to her bold stare.

" Why are you staring at me? "

" Because you are amazing."

Eunbi looks up her again. Hyewon feels her heartbeat fastens all of a sudden. She is sweating and there is something wrong with her. She gulps and tries to smiles at Eunbi who is also staring at her but she is sure that it is only an awkward smile.

Eunbi smiles back and she tiptoes to give a peck on her cheek suddenly. Hyewon is surprised and she looks at with wide eyes at the shorter girl who is now smirking.

" Yah, unnie."

" I don't want to be left with debt. Bet is bet and now it is done."

She said and she walks away from Hyewon who is standing at the spot, holding the place Eunbi kissed her and watching her as she leaves.

Tzuyu who saw everything shakes her head as she knows she can't go to Hyewon now. She changes her plan and decides to go out to look for Chaeyoung. She walks outside the hall and walks back to the parking where her friend will be smoking.

Son Chaeyoung doesn't like loud music. And she also dislikes strong perfumes too. She will leave the party field and out for smoking for 200%. And there she is, in the parking lot, leaning on her car.

Mina is also boring in the party, leaves the hall and she is walking under the moonlight in a leisurely way. She walks along the Main Road and she notices that she has been near to the Parking lot.

Hmmm? Is there someone in the Parking? Mina sees the familiar car and she sighs as she sees Chaeyoung leaning on her car and playing her phone. She decides to go talk to her and she walks to there.

" Hey."

Mina calls and Chaeyoung's body shakens a little in surprise. She looks up from her phone and she seems to be surprised to see Mina.

" Hey, unnie. What are you doing here? Don't you dance? "

" No, it's boring."

Mina said and Chaeyoung nods as she is laughing. Mina takes a side glance and she asks.

" What are you doing here? "

" Hmmm, I don't like noisy music."

 Chaeyoung said and her hand searches something from her pockets. Mina is watching as she takes out a cigarette, bites its tip and about to light it up.

" Wait."

Mina doesn't know what is up into her. She stops the girl and takes the cigarette from her lips. Chaeyoung is surprised and she looks at Mina. Mina breaks the cigarette into two and throws away making Chaeyoung to raise her eyebrows.

Mina opens her small purse and searches for something. Chaeyoung bites her inner cheek and laughs when Mina takes out a lollipop and removes the cover.

" No more cigarette. Lollipop is better for you."

She said and she hands the candy to the younger girl. Chaeyoung leans to her as she opens and takes the lollipop gladly, making Mina blush.

" Hmmmm, strawberry."

Chaeyoung whispers and she takes out the lollipop from . She then turns to Mina and shows her dimple smile.

" Do you want to taste? "

" No, oop."

But before she can reject the offer, Chaeyoung puts the lollipop to . Mina is staring at the younger girl with wide eyes as she has to progress what just happened.

Chaeyoung pulls out the lollipop like nothing happens and she puts it again in her own mouth.

" See, it's so sweet, right? I start to think eating lollipop instead is not a bad idea."

She said as she is looking cutely at the blushing Mina. Mina decides to run away as she feels super awkward with what happened.

" Ok. I have to go. Bye."

She then walks away quickly from there, leaving Chaeyoung with a huge smile on her face, celebrating for the indirect kiss. Ahhhhh, Myoui Mina, you are going crazy. You really are. She is too embarrassing and she fails to notice that there is Tzuyu sitting inside her own car and watching them.

Aigoo, it seems my friends are doing well. Tzuyu thinks and her eyes land on the box on the passenger seat. She smiles weakly, throws the box to the back seat and sighs. At that time, she sees that a small figures is running on the Main Road. Who? She seems she was broken and it is dangerous for her to go out alone.

Tzuyu thinks and she starts her car engine as she follows the girl. She slows down the car and pulls down the window mirror to talk to her.

" Nayeon unnie? Where are you going? "

" Oh, Tzuyu. I'm- *sniff sniff* I'm going home."

They are not that close. They only met once when Tzuyu visited cheerleader team training. But it seems Nayeon is really broken down.

" Get in. I'll send you home."

" It's ok. I'll just- "

" It's dangerous for you. Just get in."

Tzuyu said and Nayeon decides to listen. She enters the car and wipes her tears with her palm. Tzuyu takes some tissues and she hands it to Nayeon while she is driving.

" Thank you."

" It's fine, unnie. What's wrong? Can I help you? "

" No, it's something you can't help."

Tzuyu takes right turn as they leave the school gate. 

" Is it because of Jeongyeon unnie? I saw her dancing with a boy and... kissing."

Nayeon becomes quiet and she starts crying again. Tzuyu feels sorry for the girl.

" I think you really need to talk. You can talk to me, unnie."

She said and Nayeon looks at her. She then smiles between her tears.

" You can't understand me if you don't know how it is feeling to watch your lover being happy with someone else."

Tzuyu smiles too. She lets out a deep breathe and looks at Nayeon.

" Who said I don't know? "

Their eyes meet. To Nayeon's surprise, she sees the same pain as hers in Tzuyu's eyes.

" We can be friends, you know."