Ending

Reply 2010

Jeongyeon is checking the time and she exhales with her arching eyebrows when she finds out that they are already late for the reunion party.

" Yah, Im Nayeon!!! We are already late!!! "

" I'm about to be done.  Come here and help me with the dress."

Nayeon shouts back and Jeongyeon makes her way to their bedroom to find Nayeon sitting in front of the mirror and doing her make up.

Jeongyeon helps to pull up the zip of the dress and she puts her hands on Nayeon's shoulders.

" What takes you so long? I mean you can't hide the wrinkles around your eyes anymore. You are OLD! "

" Really? Omo, I think I am still beautiful. Yah, Yoo Jeongyeon, look at me carefully. Am I really ugly now? "

" Yes, you are. There is no reason for you to take too long to put your make up on. Let's go."

Jeongyeon said and Nayeon is pouting while checking herself from side to side in the mirror. The taller girl sighs and she is also fixing her dress while checking her reflection in the mirror too.

Finally, Nayeon is satisfied with herself and they both come out from their apartment. Nayeon and Jeongyeon moved into an apartment which is near to their work three years ago. 

Jeongyeon drives the car to their old school and Nayeon is talking excitingly about their friends on the way.

" Oh, Jeongyeon-ah, how many invitation cards did you take? "

" Umm? I didn't take any. I thought you took."

" What!! Yoo Jeongyeon, we have been talking about this. You are the one who suppose to take them! "

" Wth, Nayeon! You should have tell me before we went out."

" Turn the car back. We need to take them."

" I hate you! "

The two keep arguing as they turn around the car to go back to their house to take the wedding invitation cards for their friends.

 

 

 

xxx                                        xxx                                            xxx

 

 

 

 

Tzuyu's POV

 

I am sitting at the table with my friends when I heard a loud voice of Im Nayeon echoing in my eardrums.

" Chou Tzuyu, how dare you not to contact me though you were already here! "

" Yah, you are scaring everyone around."

Jeongyeon unnie is trying to clam her down but Nayeon unnie has already made her way to hug me tight. I hug her back and nods at Jeongyeon unnie that I am ok. Nayeon unnie lets go of me and she pulls the chair to sit beside me.

" Why you are late? "

Momo unnie asks and Jeongyeon and Nayeon unnies both frown and they point to each other.

" That's because of her."

" No! It's totally your fault."

" Guys. You are not fighting here."

Jihyo said and Jeongyeon sighs. And she gives a pile of envelopes to us.

" We had forgotten to take these and we had to go back home on the way."

" Wow! You are getting married finally."

" Yeah. That pabo took ten years to propose me."

" Awww, you are very good person to marry so I have to think twice."

" Yah! Yoo Jeongyeon!! "

We all laugh at the fighting couple. They have been dating for too long and they look like an old married couple. I wonder what they have been doing all these years not getting married yet.

While we are sitting, another friends come in. Sakura and Chaeyeon are as cool couple as ever and they are so happy when they see us. They walk to our table and join us.

" Guys, it's been a long time since I last met you."

" Yeah. Why you didn't come back? "

" Hehehe."

I am just laughing as I know about myself why I didn't come back here. I found out that Chaeyeon is now a professional coach at a basketball club while Sakura is working in a company. They live as happily as ever.

" Hey, Mina. Over here."

At that time, I hear Momo unnie's loud voice and look at the direction to find Myoui Mina looking around and finding her friends. She sees us and smiles as she makes her way to our table.

I stand up to hug her and she returns the hug but I keep looking at her back and she slaps her.

" Tzuyu-ah, I am the one here. Whom are you looking for? "

" Hehe, sorry, unnie. Where is Chaeng? "

Mina glares at me as she takes the seat in front of me.

" She's still at work. She will come directly to here."

" Oh, I see. Hehe."

Well, it's been almost a year since I last met Chaeng. The last time we met was when she visited Taiwan for her work. For me, I never stepped even an inch on this land until now.

We are sitting and chatting happily when Chaeyoung finally reaches and joins us. I am really happy now. Almost all of us are here and I badly remember them. I don't dare to ask about them because it was the worst thing that had ever happened to our gang. 

" Ah, there they are! "

Suddenly, I hear Momo unnie's loud voice and she stands up from her seat to greet that person. My eyes follow her and I smile when I see Kwon Eunbi walking in. She is as beautiful as ever yet she becomes thinner than I last saw her.

" Hey guys."

She greets happily but she seems to be surprised when she notices my presence. I stand up to hug her and she returns the hug.

" I miss you, Tzuyu-ah."

" Nae, unnie. Miss you, too."

Eunbi smiles and she looks at me like her little sister. I can see her mature motherly warmth through her eyes. Suddenly, she turns to her back and calls someone making me surprised.

" Hyewon-ah, come here."

 

 

End of Tzuyu's POV

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

" Eunbi unnie, you should smile. Hmmm? "

Momo tries to comfort her friend while Sana is making sigh for the numorous times. Today is Eunbi's wedding day. The friends are all here except Tzuyu who went back to Taiwan for her mother's health a week ago.

Eunbi hates herself while looking into the mirror which is showing her the most beautiful bride in the world. She sighs while the make-up artist is doing the final touches on her.

" Eunbi-ah."

At that time, the door is opened and Siwon's head pops into the room. He smiles widely when he sees Eunbi and he walks to her with a proud expression. 

He stands right in front of Eunbi and puts his hands on Eunbi's shoulder, checking their image in the mirror.

" You are so beautiful."

You are so beautiful. Eunbi remembers how Hyewon used to say her like that. She really can't bare the pain but she can't do anything this time. She is just staring at their reflections in the mirror and thinking about Hyewon while Siwon is telling her about something.

" Ok. It is about time. I'll wait for you in front of the hall."

" Nae, oppa."

He nods his head to her friends and leaves the room. Momo, Sana and Mina run to her immediately and hug her as they notice that she is about to cry.

" Unnie, don't. Your face will be ruined."

" Ara- arasso."

Eunbi whispers but she is just holding on Momo's wrist tight and holding back her tears.

" Guys, it is about ti- "

Chaeng enters the room and she announces but when she sees Eunbi's condition, her face becomes darken. They try to comfort Eunbi and finally, the bride has made her way to walk along the aisle.

Eunbi hears the sweet piano song playing but it seems like it is coming from a far. She links her arm to Siwon as there is no one to walk for her and they start walking.

Eunbi can't help herself but her mind flies back to their old days. She remembers how they first met with each other, how they argued at their first days. It was silly. 

They are in the middle of the aisle now. Everyone is looking at them with envious eyes and they may be thinking that Eunbi is too lucky. They don't know that it is raining heavily in Eunbi's heart. Yeah, raining. She clearly remembers the day they were both crazy in the rain.

It was the start of their heart broken story but she never regrets about it. Like Tzuyu said, they had made enough good memories together. She will keep every single details of their story at the deepest place in her heart.

" Eunbi-sshi? "

Eunbi has been lost in her mind and she doesn't hear the question that the pastor is asking. She looks at Siwon who is smiling brightly at her and waiting for her answer.

Eunbi has to blink fast to prevent the tears. Hyewon-ah, let's be together in another life. Goodbye, my love. She sighs and tries to force out a smile.

" I do."

" Now, I announce the newly wedded man and wife!! "

The crowd starts cheering for them as he leans in to kiss her after they have exchange their rings. Eunbi doesn't know anything. Her body becomes numb and so does her brain. She just follows as he goes when Siwon is busy greeting the guests.

" Eunbi unnie."

Eunbi's eyes widen and she turns to the direction of the voice to see Hyewon. The younger girl is smiling at her like a good friend and Eunbi feels her heart is arching. How you can stay smiling like this?

" Let me take a photo for you. As- As a wedding present."

" Oh, it's a great idea! Come, Eunbi-ah."

Siwon who doesn't know anything said happily and he puts his arm around her shoulder. Hyewon raises her hand and takes ready for her camera. Eunbi covers with her palm when she notices that the handkerchief which she gave Hyewon at the camp is tied at the camera.

Yah, Kang Hyewon. Why you are too good at pretending?

Eunbi thinks and she bites her lip. Hyewon peeks them from the camera and she gently talks to Eunbi.

" Unnie, smile. You have to smile brightly."

All the friends who are watching them feel sorry for them. They can't do anything. They can't help. They just watch them doing their things.

The camera flash lights up and Hyewon checks the photo. Then, she smiles at the couple and nods.

" It's good. You are.. so beautiful."

Eunbi can sense the shaking end of Hyewon's words. Hyewon nods and she continues.

" I got the scholarship from Australia. I'm going next week. I will send the photo before I go. Congratulation, oppa, unnie."

Siwon and Hyewon are shaking hands and Hyewon smiles at her before she turns around and starts walking.

" Hyewon-ah! "

Eunbi can't help herself and she calls the younger girl. Hyewon turns around and she is waiting for Eunbi to continue. Yes, today is the new chapter of my life. I will have to continue without you from now on.

" Thank you. And take care."

Hyewon nods with her usual charming warm smile. She is staring at Eunbi with eyes sparkling with tears and she whispers.

" Goodbye."

 

End of Flashback

 

 

Tzuyu's POV

 

" Omma!!!!!! "

I watch as a girl around 5 runs to our direction. Eunbi unnie takes her in her arms and carries her. I can't believe it as I laugh and shake my head while Eunbi is smiling with some meanings in her smile.

" Hyewon-ah, greet omma's friend, Aunty Tzuyu. She is a famous writer."

" Anneyeongsaeyo, I'm Choi Hyewon. Nice to meet you, Aunty Tzuyu "

" Nae. Nice to meet you."

I smile at the kid and shakes hand with her. Eunbi unnie puts her down and tells her.

" Go play with Aunty Sana. I'm talking with Aunty Tzuyu for a while."

" Nae."

The girl runs to the other side of the table. I look at Eunbi unnie and she avoids eyecontact with me.

" Seriously, unnie? "

" It was what Hyewon wanted."

She whispers and I feel really sorry for her. She has been doing well but I know how painful it is for her. She looks at me and smiles.

" Don't look at me like this. I am doing fine. I sometimes miss her but I know she is left in my Past."

" Have you met her again? "

" No, after the wedding, she sent the wedding present that she had promised. I had never seen her after that. I tried to ask Chaeng about her but Chaeyoung said Hyewon didn't contact her also. It has been 10 years and I really miss her. Like an old friend. Like an important person."

I do not reply anything. I completely understand her. Making choices in life is always difficult. They made choices and I think they are making the best ones.

Finally, I decide to go home as I have to drive on the unfamiliar roads. I can't stay late and get lost in the middle of Seoul.

" Bye, Tzuyu-ah, let's meet again before you go back to Taiwan."

" Arasso. Call me."

I give my card to everyone. Sana unnie hugs me again and she makes me promise to meet. Eunbi unnie is right. It feels like an old friend. Someone who is inside our heart but we have to bury them too deep that we feel like they are really a close stranger.

" Bye guys."

I wave at them for the last time and make my way back to the parking lots. I just found out that Chaeng is doing great with her work of covering up for our bestfriend. And I-

" Tzuyu-ah! "

While I am thinking, my thoughts are cut off by a call from my back. I turn around and see Eunbi unnie makes her way to me.

" Nae, unnie? "

" I have a question."

She holds on my arm.

" Don't you really know what Hyewon is doing? I have tried to ask Chaeng many times but she said she didn't know. You are not lying to me, right? Tell me where she is. I just want to know that she is doing fine."

I look at her. Kwon Eunbi is staring at me with hopes in her eyes. But I have to disappoint her. I sigh and shake my head.

" I am sorry, unnie. She didn't contact me too. I don't know where she is."

Eunbi seems she is disappointed. She removes her hand slowly from my arm and nods her head. And she starts to walk away from me. I sigh and about to enter my car but I decide on something and call her.

" Eunbi unnie."

Eunbi unnie turns around and looks at me. I smile and put my hand on the opened car door.

" Hyewon will be doing fine. She is a strong girl. And I trust her. She will be living happily and healthy. I believe."

She smiles and nods her head too.

" I think so. Thank you."

I watch her making her way back to the party. I enter the car and drive back to the hotel where I am staying. I sit in front of the laptop after I have changed my clothes. And my lips curl up when I notice a notification from my mail.

I click on the noti and read the mail.

" Hey, what's up bro! Ahahahahhahahhaha. Are you having fun in South Korea? I miss there too but I am busy and I can't come back now. Chaeng said she is keeping things under control so you can't mess up with anything. Arasso? "

Aigoo, that pabo. I shake my head and continue reading the mail.

" I am now in Kenya. It's hot here and my skin gets tanned more but the views are very beautiful. Check out the photos I sent. I need to go now. The kids are waiting for me. I will send a mail again when I reach another target. Miss ya, buddy. See ya."

I laugh while checking the photos in the mail. The views are really beautiful as she said. Or because of her photography? I don't know. I inhale and close the mailbox as I open the last chapter I am writing. I stare at the last few sentences I had written and read out loud.

" May be we are not together anymore, but I can live with all the happy days I had together with you. I can live the rest of my life from the happiness I had from my Past. The things we are doing now will become our memories later.

They may be joyful, they may be enjoyable, they may be painful, they may be bitter, but they are our memories. And every memory with you is beautiful."

Yeah, every memory with you is beautiful. I put my fingers on the keyboard and write down the last words of the book with some tears in my eyes but a smile on my face.

 

 

 

 

                                                                 " The End "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bonus clip

 

I open my eyes when the bright sunlight enters my cabin from the window. Eek, why he has to be jealous with me and destroy my pretty sleep. I'm still lazy as I roll on my bed for another minutes until I hear knocks on my door. Oh, the kids are here.

I jump out from the bed and walk to the bathroom of the small cabin which is big enough for me to live for temporary. I wash my face, brush my teeth and wipe my face with a towel before I sneak my way to the table.

* knock knock knock *

I hear the knocks again and pick up my camera to play with the kids like I have promised. I open the door and there are a group of kids waiting for me outside.

" Miss, you said you will take photos of us."

" Yes. We are. Come around here."

The kids and I take many photos together and they are happy to do it. I am happy with my life too. After I have graduated from the college, I volunteered at the wildlife photography programme. I have been visiting around South America and Africa for past 10 years.

" What are we doing now? "

The kids ask me and I laugh.

" You are going home and I am about to work."

" Alright~ "

The kids seem to be disappointed but they listen to me and go back to their village nearby. I enter my cabin but there is still a kid following me.

" Ain't you going home? "

" I like it."

He said while pointing at the camera. I smile in like of him and give him my hand so that he can follow me.

" Who are these people? "

He is looking around in my cabin and points to the photo on my table. It is the group photo we took on the Graduation day of our friends. I smile and answer him from working.

" My friends."

" You were a happy gang."

" Yeah, we were."

" Do you miss them? "

" Of course, I do."

I answer and he nods his head. He is a little smarter for his age, I think. He continues looking around and spots something.

" What is this? "

" It's a camera."

" It looks too old."

" Yeah, it's been 10 years since I last used it."

He nods and pokes his little fingers on the handkerchief that I tied on the handle of the camera.

" Why didn't you throw it away? "

" Hmmmm."

I inhale and lean back on my chair. He is still looking at me with curious eyes and I smile at him.

" Because it is precious for me."

" Why? "

" It has many memories."

" Memories? "

" Yeah."

I look away from the window. The images slowly flashback in my head. It feels like it happened yesterday though it has been many years.

" Memories are important. Life goes on and we need to move on the Past events but memories remain. Good or bad, they are our precious stories. And we have to keep them for the rest of our life."

" It sounded like you were heartbroken."

" What?! Yah, how old are you? "

" I'm 11 and I understand what you are saying."

He replies and I laugh. I can't lie to that kid. The kids of these days are learning too fast.

" Yeah, you ae right. I had a story."

" Can you tell me? "

He asks and I turn around my chair to him. 

" Ok. This is my life story and it will be boring. You better keep that photo in your hand so that you will understand the story better."

" Yayyyy."

I laugh with him too. I know I am doing well with my life. It will be a lie if I said I don't love her anymore. But she has her life and I became a Past for her.

Life is unfair sometimes. It can't be the same as we wish. But we have to keep going. I can continue my days with the love I had in my teenager days.

We loved with all our heart and that's enough for me. I keep her in the deepest place of my heart. Sometimes, I miss her but with the thought that we had loved each other so much gives me no regret now. I can live peacefully with my life.

I heard from my bestfriends that she is living well with her family. That's enough for me. All I want is her happiness. I even asked my friends not to tell her about me so that she can start her new chapters of life without me. I hope that I can go back to South Korea one day and smile at her like an old friend.

" Miss? "

I shift my attention back to the kid in front of me who is waiting patiently. I bite my lip and move closer to him as I start telling my sweet love story.

" It was 10 years ago............... "

 

 

 

 

                                                                             - THE END -