Train

Six Nineteen

Tracks
Eyes
Strangers
Train


Moon Byulyi wanders her eyes around the train— it was rush hour, luckily she was able to grab a seat. Standing in front of her, is a girl named Kim Yongsun. Living in a country where she's below the average female height, she was struggling to reach the grab handle. This caught Byulyi's attention.

"I'm sorry, but would you mind if I offer you my seat?"

The girl smiled, and shakes her head. Byulyi offered her seat and they switched places.

"Thank you, uhm—?"

"Moonbyul."

"Thank you, Moonbyul."


It was Yongsun's first train ride alone. She spent her break over her parent's house and her sister, who made other plans, forgot that she had to take her back to her dorm today.

"Name?"

Byul was obviously trying to make a conversation with the stranger. It isn't her responsibility to start a conversation, or there isn't need to start one. But it's a long ride and she doesn't want to feel awkward with the person she switched places with.

"Solar."

"Comfortable?"

"Yeah, but actually no. It's my first train ride, alone. My sister usually picks me up."


"I see."

Another dead silence between them. They remained silent at least for the whole ride until their stop.

"Same stop?"

"Haha, yeah."

"I'm going this way, how about you?"

"I'm going that way too."

"Where are you heading to?"

"Dorms."

"Dorms? Maybe this isn't going to be your first trip alone."


Yongsun looked at Byulyi totally confused. She had stayed at the dorms for at least a year now, so she knew every single person around the dorm. The face in front of her is totally new.

"I'm Moon Byulyi, art major. And I just transferred schools during the break. I'll be staying at room 619."

"619? That's also my room."


This cleared up the misunderstanding inside Yongsun's mind, she was having doubts walking to the dorms with the stranger she just met.

"Let's get along, Miss Solar."

"Okay."

"Are you going to the opening ceremony later?"

"How about you?"

"Yeah, I will borrow some textbooks from the library first."

"I'll see you later, Miss Moonbyul."