[ ♡ ] .016

Broken Hearts of Literature.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the conversation with her parents, she spent more time talking to them after the wedding. It’s been months since she saw them, and she missed them dearly. Her father, being her father, had concerns for the things that were going on between Baekhyun and her. She knew that her parents won’t judge anything, but still – they worried for the safety and jeopardization of her career.

 

“You just have to tell him, honey,” her mother said, a hand resting on the brunette’s arm. She knew she had to tell him, but it’s a hard topic to come around. If he knew she was leaving, she’d lose the thing she wanted most from him. But if she left the campus, graduated and have a career… they didn’t have to worry about having to date in secret or do things that couples normally would do in public. “Baby,” her dad called out, gathering her attention as he gave her a soft smile. “there’s no right or wrong. You just have to say it.”

 

They were right.

 

They always were. And truthfully, they wouldn’t be her parents if they weren’t. They were her support system. They’d support her no matter what she chose to do. “The quicker you tell them, the easier it’ll be for him to cope with the idea, sweetheart.”

 

A sigh left her lips as she stared into the nothingness. Class had ended and she was stuck in her mind, overthinking nothing in her quiet apartment. She had a few months left in Seoul, and she didn’t know how to bring it up. But she knew that she had to. She was just going to have to yank the band-aid off as quickly as possible. A knock on her door startled her out of her thoughts as she blinked a few times before getting up to saunter to the door. Her eye looked through the peephole, sighing in relief of who it was. Nami opened the door, revealing Baekhyun dressed in his work attire. “I brought food,” he said with a smile. Nami blinked a few times before chuckling. She moved out of the way to allow him access into her apartment. Luckily for her, Jaemi was out at the library – claiming she had a lab report she had to finish before the deadline in two days.  

 

“You didn’t have to come all the way out here,” she said, watching Baekhyun remove his shoes before sauntering to the living room. She closed the door, securely locking it as he held a smile and turning to her: “But I came anyway. I’m blessing you with my presence.” This cause the brunette to roll her eyes, but there was a smile on her lips. “Whatever you say, Mister Byun,” she said. Baekhyun scrunched his nose as he placed his bag on the coffee table before gliding to the kitchen with the food in his hand. He made himself comfortable, placing the food in plates and bowls for them. “What were you doing before I got here?” He questioned, reeling her mind back as she turned towards the kitchen with her body leaning against the island top. “I was in Wonderland,” she replied. It captured Baekhyun’s attention as he eyed her curiously – his brows raised. Nami chuckled, shaking her head: “I’m kidding,” she replied, “I’m just thinking if I should go have dinner with my parents before they leave.” The wedding was just last week, and her parents decided to stay for at least two more weeks – just to visit family and sightsee. It was nostalgia for them since they moved away for a long time. They missed their homeland.

 

“When do they leave?” He asked, placing the food on the table. She noticed that he picked up street foods on his way here, and honestly – she was rather happy since she was craving tteokbokki. She took the liberty to pull her hair into a messy bun as she pulled a hair tie off of her wrist. Baekhyun had become accustomed to seeing Nami with her hair up – messy or not. He’s seen her without makeup and seen her habits. And he was quite content with how she is. Even without makeup, she still looked the same – beautiful as she is. “They leave this weekend.”

 

A sigh left her lips as she allowed her hands to fall to her sides. She looked at Baekhyun, who removed his suit jacket and tie. “I also have to talk to you,” she said, and this allowed Baekhyun to glance towards her with concern. There was a solemn expression plastered on her features, and Baekhyun knew it had to be serious based on her expression alone. “Yeah,” he uttered, motioning for her to sit down and eat. “something wrong?” Nami hesitated for a brief second, but she sat down and stared at the food that was still piping hot. Her eyes trailed up to Baekhyun as the sleeves of her sweater created sweater paws. She pressed her cheeks against her covered palms. “So, I have a semester left soon… and then graduation.” She uttered while Baekhyun tilted his head. He knew that her time at the university was almost over and it worked rather well for them because then he didn’t have to hide the fact that he wanted more with her. Had they met under different circumstances; it would’ve worked.

 

“Have you already decided what you’re going to do after graduation?”

 

Of course, she did. She always planned ahead. She had virtual interviews with jobs at home. She had interviewed for jobs at an elementary school – English as a Second Language (ELS) teacher. She also interviewed for educational interpreters. She had also already began looking for homes and apartments to rent until

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter