[ ♡ ] .014

Broken Hearts of Literature.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The holiday went by perfectly. Everyone had enjoyed their time as a family and watched fireworks together to welcome the new year. Baekhyun and Nami had reconciled and had fun with the sparklers as Junmyeon and Jongin bickered about the best place to sit and watch the new year fireworks. It felt rather domestic and full of love from a group of friends that became a family. Nami and Jaemi didn’t really have that growing up since they were the only child of their parents’. But Nami grew up with cousins, so maybe it was okay after all.

 

So, after their cabin getaway, they all rounded back up to go back to the city where they’d all prepare for the new semester – while Bona and Jongin still had more of their spring wedding to plan for. That included getting Nami sized for a dress that would match the groomsmen – which meant everyone in their group of friends were going to be Jongin’s groomsmen and Bona had her best friend, cousin and Jaemi on her side. But Nami was aware that she invited two of their cousins that lived in France to be a part of the wedding. Now, if her cousins were flying in from France, it only meant that Nami’s parents would be flying in as well, and she couldn’t wait to see them after having decided on New York rather than flying home to see them for a bit before going to New York and back to Korea.

 

For now, they’d continue to hang out with one another while the couple planned and Bomi helped. Like today, just two weeks before the new semester started “Have you gotten your books for the new semester?” Baekhyun questioned as looked over to Nami, who had her head leaned against his arm while she had her legs tucked closely to her chest while her finger scrolled through her emails. And to be honest, he felt comfortable with the way she used his arm as a pillow. He didn’t mind it, and it didn’t bother him. Perhaps, this was what he wanted. A domestic feeling, comfort in silence unless need be. Any girl he dated or hung out with before normally talked his ear off and he’d excuse himself to leave as soon as he could – saying he had a class to teach. But with Nami? She didn’t talk as much, but when she did – it’s straightforward or she’s answering a question that was thrown at her.

 

There was a soft hum that gave him a response: “I rented most of them and using the same book I had last semester.” He nodded in response as he went through his laptop, making sure his syllabus had no mistakes and was ready to post the next coming week.

 

“Nana, burgundy or Cherry Blossom pink?”

 

Nami lifted her head slightly to see her cousin picking an argument over the color of their dress and tie theme and when they should have the bachelor/bachelorette. “It’s a spring wedding. Pink fits better,” she said while Bona fist pumped the air while Jongin groaned. Her eyes went back to her emails while she pulled her head off of Baekhyun’s arm as she readjusted her head softly against his arm – not wanting to be too rough that she’d end up bruising his arm with her strong head. “Happy wife, happy life, Nini,” Nami sang as she focused on her phone. Baekhyun chuckled, lifting his eyes also as he watched Jongin groan while Bona smiled. “Where’d you hear that from?” He questioned softly for Nami to hear. She let out another hum, putting her phone down on her knees. “My dad says it all the time. Whenever my mom had a bad day, he’d tell himself ‘happy wife, happy life’ just to see my mom smiling. Whenever the woman of the house was angry, he’d let her do whatever she wanted that would make her happy, so we’d stay out of the crossfire.” Baekhyun chuckled, nodding his head once more: “Smart man.” He said while Nami smiled. “He really is.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter