[ ♡ ] .011

Broken Hearts of Literature.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A small sigh escaped, both, Jaemi and Nami as they spent their time back wrapping gifts. Their tired bodies ready to collapse and their living room looked like a tornado flew through their home with all the amounts of wrapping paper scrapes, ribbons and bows and boxes everywhere. “You know,” the blonde called out, capturing Nami’s attention as she looked up from the box she was wrapping for her cousin. “this jetlag is worse than when we got to New York – especially since you thought it was okay for us to start wrapping once we’ve woken up.”

 

“Oh, please, Jae,” Nami laughed, throwing a bow at the girl. “Don’t tell me you’re still tired when you slept most of the plane ride back home. Plus, we had comfortable seats!” Jaemi whined, collapsing onto the floor as she stared towards the brunette. They had arrived home in the early mornings and slept for most of the day, completely forgetting to eat anything at all. “Can we at least make something to eat or order takeout?” the blonde asked, completely drained with all the wrapping they’ve done. “Stop whining and just order something, Jae,” Nami called out, grabbing a marker to write the name of the owner of the gift.

 

“We’ve got a long drive tomorrow,” she added while finishing up the last of the wrapping. Jaemi sighed, lifting herself back up to grab her phone – all while placing the gifts into a large crate. The blonde had paused to order food, letting her best friend know that it’d be a good twenty to thirty minutes for their first meal of the day to arrive. Luckily after the last gift, they could rest – and clean up their tornado torn living room.

 

 

“Is this even a good idea,” Nami complained while Jaemi drove them to their destination. “Na, we’ve talked about this,” she said while sighing. “We’re almost there. We can’t just turn around now.” “Or, we could – I could drive back.” Jaemi sighed, turning her head with a stern look towards the brunette. “No, we’re already here. I know you aren’t ready to see him, but Na – you have to face the music someday. Besides, he looked very upset that one time in the library.” She mentioned and the brunette crossed her arms. She knew that she was going to have to face Baekhyun one day, but there was no way that she could. They had too much history – dating back to the day they met in Los Angeles.

 

One-night stand? Well, who would’ve thought.

 

Crush? Maybe it was both sides.

 

Fight? Well, of course. There was too much animosity as it is.

 

Forgiveness? That, something she did a long time ago. Maybe.  

 

“Na, he’s trying. He wants to talk to you, you know?” “Yeah, but what if I’m not ready to talk to him?” Nami asked, turning to Jaemi as they pulled into their destination. The blonde sighed, putting the car in park and turning off the engine. “I know, but it’s Christmas, and we have to play nice, okay? Besides, no one stresses this much unless they really wanted to talk to them.” The brunette groaned, glaring at her best friend. There wasn’t much hatred or anything – but she just doesn’t know if this group was a good influence on her. There was definitely too much drama within in. “Come on, let’s go face the music.”

 

With that, the two stepped out of the car, grabbing their bags as they made way to the trunk to retrieve the large crate of gifts. “Ready?” Jaemi asked, closing the trunk. The brunette thinned her lips as she held one side of the crate. “Sure, I guess,” she said while the pair walked towards the front door of the cabin. The blonde reached for the doorbell, waiting for someone to come and answer the door. “Coming!” A male voice called out as foot steps could be heard running towards the front door. Within seconds, the door flew open and revealed Jongin. A surprised look plastered his features before morphing into a wide smile. “You made it! Oh man, Merry Christmas,” He called out, reaching out to give his soon-to-be cousin-in-law. Nami smiled, giving the male a hug. “Well, we did say we’d think about it.” Jaemi pitched in while also giving him a hug.

 

“Come in, come in,” he ushered, “it’s cold out.”

 

With that, the two Mi’s entered the cozy cabin. “Everyone’s in the living room.” He said while they slipped off their shoes. “Who is it, Jongin?” the sound of Junmyeon called out as he peeped his head towards the hallway. “Hey!” He called out as Jongin took the girl’s bags. “Hey,” Nami called

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter