Break & Make

Falling for the Clumsy Sun

 

"And what did you want me to do?! Just sit there like an idiot and watch you let that... that ert off?! You're my wife Yongsun! I'm supposed to take care of you! I-"

"You should've let me and Byul handle it! It was us! It was us who was being harassed! Not you!" Yongsun yelled back. "This was our problem! Mine and Byul's! Why did you even have to get involved?!"

Eric huffed buffled that his wife even had to ask him why. "Are you serious right now? Did you really just ask me why? Why did I have to get involved?!" His voice grew louder by the note and what he did next caught the both of them off guard. "WHY DO YOU THINK?!!"

Yongsun jumped on the spot in surprise. She and Eric had a couple of spats in their short span of marriage but by far, this was the worst. This also happened to be the very first time that he had ever raised his voice like that at her. Shocked as she was, she also noticed how quickly his color faded as regret and guilt etched on his face. And as she tried to meet his eyes, he quickly looked away which hurt her more than what he had done minutes ago. 

"Oppa-"

"I-"

They both tried to cut the awkward silence at the same time but they just couldn't find the words. Not at the moment and surely not when they're both in their worst.

Finally, after having a few minutes to think about things, Eric opened his mouth and said, "I... I'm going out for a bit. Let's just... Let's just talk about this after we've calmed down." He didn't wait for her to say anything and just walked out of the room taking his car keys and leaving the compound.

 

Coming home from the police station, Yongsun felt the frustration eating her up and after that event earlier, she exploded and things just went out of proportion.

Watching her husband walk out on her after a fight said it so.

Hearing the door closing, she silently pleaded that he wouldn't leave and would turn around and hug her back then they'd both apologize to each other then make up but it didn't go as she hoped for after hearing his car drive off the compound.

Feeling her chest tightening, she knelt on the floor and started crying her eyes out. She cried and cried until she felt tired and fell asleep on the carpet.

 

After Eric realized what he had just done, he immediately turned his car around and drove back home to where his hurting wife was. Arriving home, he turned off the engine and only then did he realize that he had been gone for almost five hours after driving around Seoul. 

Coming inside through the kitchen door connecting the garage to the house, Eric noticed that the light in the living room was still on while the food he left on the dining table was still there.

She must've been too upset. He said scolding himself. 

Passing through the dining room, he went straight to the parlor and there he found his wife laying on the floor. Panic hit him immediately as he ran to her side only to feel relief after realizing she'd simply fallen asleep on the floor which he deducted had happened after seeing the tear stains on her face.

"I'm sorry, love." He whispered brushing a clump of hair off her face and lifting her up gently to bring her to bed.

 

Hours later, waking up in the middle of the night, Yongsun found herself in her pyjama sleeping on the bed all alone. She didn't need to ask who brought her there but she did wonder why she was alone. Even after their previous arguements, they would always always end up sleeping in the same bed.

Wrapping herself in a rainbow blanket, she went to check if her husband was in his office only to find the room dark and empty. She searched for him all over the second floor and as she was about to give up, she saw some light flickering coming from the living room and could hear a faint noise as well.

Following that trail, she later found herself standing by the sofa watching her husband's sleeping figure. He mustn't be having a nice dream as she saw him squirming and heard him muttering some unintelligible things.

Feeling the ache on her chest, she gently settled on the space laying her head in the crook of his beck and wrapped an arm around his waist. She quielty gasped as she felt him move to give her more space, pulling her in his embrace  and she thought he must've woken up only she felt his heart's steady beating which meant he is still fast asleep.

Pressing her ear on his chest, she listened to the beautiful sound of his beating heart and like a lullaby, it brought her back to the peaceful land of reaiity's escape.

 

In the morning, Yongsun woke up with the feeling of someone touching her cheek but was still groggy so she just kept her eyes shut and leaned in to the touch, sighing at the pleasant warmth it gave her.

Meanwhile, Eric kept caressing his wife's cheek waiting for her to wake up properly or to fall back to sleep again. But knowing his wife, he knew for sure that she would be up in minutes time adjusting to the morning. And when she did finally open her eyes, they met his and within seconds, Eric registered the various emotions dancing around her dark chocolate orbs.

"Yong-"

She sat up and left him alone lying on the sofa before he could even finish what he wanted to say.

Sighing again, he got up and followed her out to the patio and locked her with a back hug.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, love." He whispered and pressed his forehead on the top of her head.

 

Hearing his voice, Yongsun just felt the overwhelming mixed emotions causing her to break into tears.

"I'm so sorry, love. Please forgive me." Eric said kissing the top of her head.

"Y-you...Y-you walked out on me." She  said and felt him tense.

"No. I-"

"Y-you said... *sniff...Before... You said w-we should talk things out but you walked out on me." She took his hands off of her and turned to face him. "You... You yelled at me and then... *sniff... and then you walked out on me!"  She cried and hit him on the chest.

Eric could only apologize and console his wife holding her hands waiting for her crying to stop.

"I'm so sorry, yeobo. Please forgive me."

Yongsun calmed down a little later and sniffed a couple of times before saying, "Hold me."

Eric didn't waste a single second taking a step closer and pulling her into his embrace. "I'm so sorry, baby."

"Y-you shouted at me." She said pressing herself to his chest.

"I didn't mean to. I just felt so angry at myself for not seeing it sooner." He said her hair.

Yongsun raised her head and looked at him. "Y-you... You walked out on me."

Eric sighed and kissed her forehead. "That's because I was ashamed of myself. I should've never raised my voice on you. And when I walked out... I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I just... I didn't know what to do. I felt so angry at myself. What I need you to understand is, I was never mad at you and all that anger is because of myself."

"W-wae?" She asked wanting to understand him better.

"B-because, if I hadn't been too busy with my exhibits, I would've realized what was happening to you. I could've stopped him a little sooner before he even hurt you or Byul. I just..." He sighed hiding his face on her head. "I feel so ashamed as your husband for not being able to protect you. I should've taken care of you better."

Yongsun hiccuped and said, "Y-you can't always protect me, oppa. You know that. I know you are always there when I need you and would help me even though I don't ask for it but there are just things that I need to face on my own."

"I know." He said lifting his head to press a kiss on her lips. "Will you forgive me?"

She looked up and tiptoed to give him a peck. "As long as you forgive me for not talking to you about it."

"Eoh." He smiled and they kissed.

 

About three weeks later, by the time Mamamoo was given a two weeks break before their next event schedule, Eric and Yongsun planned for a barbecue party at their house with their family and friends before heading of to a week vacation in Phuket, Thailand.

The maknaes, Wheein and Hyejin, came earlier since they were asked by Yongsun and Eric to buy some ingredients they needed for the marinade and they were followed by Eric's parents and Mrs. Kim Bongsun and then before their knew it, their backyard was filled with the people closest to them.

"Eoh? Yeobo, you said Byul was coming, right?" Eric asked after looking at his watch. 

Yongsun turned to him with a lopsided grin that he noticed. "Wae?"

"Are you perhaps..." She took a step closer to him and played with the collar of his jacket. "...worried about my dongsaeng Byulyi?"

"Worried? Me? I was just... I... Eoh! Kyujong hyung!" Eric stepped away from his wife before she could start teasing him. 

Yongsun laughed for a second and turned around to greet the new comers when she was surprised to see Kyujong and Byul coming together. "Ohhh~!" 

"Very interesting, right unnie?" Wheein whispered to her making her jump and squeal in surprise.

"Yah! I told you to stop sneaking up on me!" The jumpy older sister scolded only making the two makdongie snicker.

"What's going on?" Byul asked as she approached them.

"Nothing." The girls chorused before the two maknae's left to chat with Ailee and Eddie's girlfriend but not before Hyejin gave a knowing smile at Byul.

That ofcourse, did not escape the attention of Yongsun. "What was that about?" She asked the newly arrived member.

"Molla." Byul shrugged and soon enough, the matter was forgotten as the two of them got to talking.

 

At the table, while people got to eating and telling stories in their own groups, Yongsun kept making wraps for her grandmother and in-laws who insisted on telling her to eat as well.

"Aigoo. So this is what if feels like to have a daughter." Mr. Nam said with a wide smile on his face as he accepted the wrap Yongsun made for her.

"Yongsun-ah. Stop feeding us and eat some as well." Misun said then turned to her own son. "Ani. Son, whyaren't you feeding your wife?"

"Your mom's right. Why aren't you feeding your wife? Aigoo. When I married your mother I would always fuss about her. I wouldn't even let her hold a spoon if I could." Mr. Nam agreed scolding his son also.

"Omo~. Uncle is such a romantic then." Ailee gushed.

"Sappy too." Eddie scoffed causing everyone to laugh.

"Well I guess now we know where ahjussi get's it from." Byul blurted without thinking causing more laughter.

Eric on the other hand, felt both embarassed and flustered. He did feed his wife a couple of times but her parents just so happened to not see him doing it.

"Kyeopta~" Yongsun cooed pinching his cheeks after noticing him blush.

"Eoh! I don't think we need the light anymore." Wheein said.

"What are you talking about?" Hyejin then asked nudging her friend.

"Ahjussi's ears are too bright that it could light up the whole backyard." Byul answered for her making everyone guffaw with drinks spurting and food splattering on the grass.

"Yah! I could just!" Eric felt embarassed that he wanted to flick Byul in the forehead except the girl just stuck her tongue out on him.

 

"Ahh~ Phuket!" Yongsun screamed at the top of her lungs on the balcony just after she and her husband arrived to their hotel room. "Omo! Oppa! Palli wa! Look at the view!"

Eric, who had just opened his luggage, chuckled and walked towards his wife who was far to excited just after their 7 hour flight. As he was just behind her, he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her jaw making her feel ticklish.

"Aren't we excited?" He said rocking them both.

"Eoh. It's just so beautiful." She whispered with a sigh of satisfaction.

Eric looked at the view in front of him and couldn't agree more. The sun setting on the horizon giving the water that yellowish orange tint with purple and blue hues on the mix, gave that peaceful feeling of a days end making them both feel blissfully at ease.

"You're right. But I think you are even more beautiful. I could look at you all day and nothing could compare." He said sincerely from the bottom of his heart making her squeal and hide her blushing face.

"Ahh~" She whined at his cheesiness and moved away from him.

"Yah~. Where are you going? I'm trying to have a moment here." He said watching his wife take her purse from the bed.

"Have your moment. You're being too cheesy." She teased and stuck her tongue out and turned around to walk away.

Running after her before she could escape, he wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her up dropping her on the bed gently before proceeding to tickle her.

Yongsun bursted into a fit of laughter as she and her husband rolled around the bed with her pleading for him to stop while trying to get away from his hold. When he did stop, they were both gasping for air like fishes out of water with him laying on top of her but with his arms propped up to support his weight.

Yongsun had finally caught up to her normal breathing when all of a sudden, they both heard a very familiar sound invade their private moment.

All of a sudden, Yongsun's face flushed and turned to her right to partially hide her face while Eric chuckled and kissed her neck before getting off of her.

"Come on." He said pulling her up. "Let's go find you something yummy to eat."

 

 

 

*: Hello!

Yeap... It ain't much but hope you guys liked it :)

Thanks everyone! 

BTW, I wanted to post this chapter before midnight last night but got distracted... kekeke... Belated Happy Birthday to the Epic YEBA - KIM YONGSUN!