Wedding Dress and Beagle Girls

Falling for the Clumsy Sun

"Family, can't live with them, can't live without them."

Beagle Girls

 

Just hours after the formal meeting, Yongsun and Eric met again the next day with Mrs. Nam as their chaperone.

"Omo~. My beautiful daughter is here." Mrs. Nam exclaimed in excitement as soon as she saw her.

She bowed upon seeing her soon to be husband and her mother-in-law before walking into the lady's open arms.

"Annyeonghassaeyo, Yongsun-ssi." Eric greeted awkwardly and Yongsun simply smiled and bowed to him as well.

She did take out her phone and typed something in before showing it to Mrs. Nam.

"Did you sleep well, ma'am?" Mrs. Nam read it out loud. "Aigoo. You shouldn't call me ma'am anymore. You should just call me eomonim." She said as she took Yongsun's arm and linked it with hers. "Now, we should go and start shopping for my beautiful daughter's dress."

While his mother went full on expressing how she very much liked Yongsun, Eric simply walked behind them watching their interactions. At first, he noticed how Yongsun would stiffen and get tense everytime his mother would compliment her but eventually smile politely to the older lady. When his mother asked why she hadn't brought any of her lady's hand with her, he saw her brought her phone out to answer but Eric just stopped her.

"Adeul, what are you doing?" Mrs. Nam asked surprised at his son's brusque act.

"M-mianhae." He said letting go of her hand. "U-uhm, I'll translate for you if... if you want."

She just looked at him confused at with what he was saying and Mrs. Nam understood. "Yongsun-ah, what my son mean is that he knows sign language and he can translate for if you want."

Yongsun hesitated and just stared at him for a bit before signing. "Do you really know how to sign?"

"Eoh. I, uh... yeah." He answered nervously.

She then signed and he translated it for his mother. "Ah, halmoni wanted her to spend sometime with me and you to try and feel more at ease with us."

"Ah. But, what about your bridesmaids? Aren't they going to help you shop for a dress?" Mrs. Nam asked again.

"Uhm, she said they'll join us later." Eric spoke as she signed.

"Okay. Let's go then." Mrs. Nam said and they walked in on one of Seoul's famous couture shops.

 

There were a lot of dresses for her to try on and Mrs. Nam made sure she just that. And before Yongsun appeared with the first dress, she had one of the male staff pull him aside for his own fitting. And after a while of trying on dress after another, they finally found one which was to her liking and one that truly fitted her frame and figure.

"Omo-yah." Mrs. Nam gasped at the sight of her.

For a while, none of them spoke. They just stood there and looked at each other until one of the lady staffs spoke.

"Is the dress to your liking, madames?"

The mothe-in-law looked at the lady and then at her future daughter-in-law. "Yongsun-ah. The dress. Do you like it?" Her voice came out gently still in a daze of how enchanting she looked in the dress.

Yongsun smiled gently and nodded. 

"Is it your dress?" She asked one more time and she answered the same. "Aigoo! Even if it you didn't want it, I'll make sure you wear it. Aigoo. Aigoo. How can my daughter be this beautiful?"

The lady staff and Mrs. Nam giggled while she smiled shyly at her mother-in-laws praises. They were enjoying their time together until they heard noises and the door opening welcoming the loud noise makers in.

"OMO! Ddongie unnie!"

"Kyah! Uri unnie is so pretty!"

"Yaaaahh~! Yongkonggie is really jjang!"

Three beautiful but loud girls screamed at the same time and came running towards Yongsun who quickly took a couple of steps backs before the girls could tackle her to the ground.

"Mwoyah? Aren't you even going to give us a hug?" The girl with dimples said while the one with the red fiery hair scoffed and arrogantly said, "Yeah. We had to rearrange our schedules to be with you."

Meanwhile, the tallest of the three noticed that  besides the store staffs, they weren't alone. There was a lady dressed simply but elegantly. That's when she turned to Yongsun and signed. "Unnie, who's the ?"

Yongsun gasped just remembering that they were in the presence of her mother-in-law. She quickly then turned to her and bowed deeply.

"Ani. Unnie who-" Lion mane didn't get to finish her sentence because tall girl had a hold on the back of her neck like dimples and forefully made them bow.

"Annyeonghassaeyo. We apologize for being rude." Said the tall girl.

"Ah! Byul unnie! That hurts!" The two maknaes whined rubbing their necks.

"Be quiet. Unnie's mother-in-law is just standing there." Byul, the tall girl, scolded and bowed to the lady's direction one more time. "I'll apologize for these two."

"Aigoo. You must be my daughter's friends?" Asked the lady as she approached them.

While the two were still left confused, Byul answered for them. "N-neh. My name is Moon Byul-ie. This one with the dimples is Jung Wheein and this red haired girl is Ahn Hyejin, ma'am." She then whispered to the two to bow.

"Aniya. Call me eomoni. You are my daughter's friends after all." Mrs. Nam warmly said to the girls giving them hugs one by one.

The girls were taken aback but then quickly adapted to the woman's warmth.

"Neh, eomoni. We didn't mean to intrude and be noisy. We just missed our Yongsun unnie so much." Wheein said.

After a while, the girls went back to being the noisy people that they are and started bugging Yongsun to take some pictures with them. And as they weren't paying attention, the connecting door opened.

 

"Hey, mom. What do you think about this suit?" Eric came in fixing his tux.

Immediately, the girls started screaming and one thing led to another, Eric had to get out of the room to avoid the shoes  being thrown at him.

"What the hell was that?" He asked himself feeling shocked and frightened at the encounter. He then checked the room number on the door just to make sure it was the right door and not someone else's.

Room 3

"I'm right, then. But what the heck was that?" Bringing his phone out, he dialed his mother's number. It took a couple of rings before someone finally answered.

"Adeul?"

"Eoh, umma. What was that all about?" Eric asked sounding a little annoyed.

"Aigoo. Haven't I told you to always knock before you enter?" Even on the phone he could see her soft and gentle scolding face.

"Eoh. Mian, umma. Can I enter the room, now?" He asked. 

"Okay. Your bride was still in her dress but she's just finished changing. Knock, won't you?"

"Eoh. I'm hanging up." Damn. Face palm yourself to the ground why don't you? After pressing the end button, Eric scolded himself. How can you forget that it's bad luck to see the bride on her dress before the wedding?

"Excuse me? Aren't you going to come in?"

He jumped in shock from the sudden appearance of the head at the door.

"OH MY GOD!" He found himself slumped on the floor while the girl, just laughed.

"Kwenchanayo?" Another girl popped in asking him nicely but couldn't hide her laughter.

"Yah! Stop scaring him and let the guy in!" 

There was another voice but this time he only heard it.

"Aniya, unnie. This oppa is just acting weird." He heard the girl with the dimples say before popping her head back in followed by the red head.

Oh my god. What the heck was that? He was breathing heavily getting himself up and dusting the dirts off.

"Adeul! We're waiting for you." He heard his mother's voice call out to him.

He had to take a couple of breathers and make himself calm and relax before he present himself to his soon-to-be wife's friends.

"Adeul? Don't you want to meet your wife's friends?" His mother called out once more.

"E-eoh! I'm coming." He said and inhaled one last time before coming back in.

Upon coming in, he immediately introduced himself to all the ladies. 

"Eoh?" 

He heard one of the girls react and he took a quick look and double taked. 'No. N-no way.' His jaw instantly dropped upon recognition. 'But why?.. Oh... Friends' He reminded himself.

When he looked at her he saw that she too had recognized him. He looked at the two others but it seems she was the only one who remembered him.

'Wait... What was her name again?' He asked himself trying to rack his brain to remember.

It was on the tip of his tongue until his 'wife' came out dressed back into her regular clothes. Even in her simple dress he can't help but gape at her. And he didn't know what came to him to approach her and take her hand.

"Ohhh~." The girls chorused as they watched his sudden skinship. 

That made Yongsun conscious somehow yet she didn't mind holding onto him.

"Aigoo~. This oppa seems to be good for our unnie." Hyejin whispered to Wheein.

"Seems so." She answered in agreement.

They might've thought they were speaking softly until Yongsun signed. "Yah. Can you guys not troll so much? My fiancee and mother-in-law is here."

"Aigoo. Uri-unnie, if you would just talk already then you wouldn't be saying that."

Although they knew Hyejin merely said it for good reasons, it still made everyone feel awkward. And when Eric saw the flash of sadness in her eyes, he instinctly wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her next to him.

"Aigoo. Enough with this dilly-dally. Why don't we have you girls pick out your dresses as well?" Mrs. Nam said cheerily breaking the awkwardness. 

"Oh, that's right. Come on, kids!" Byul-ie or Byul said pulling the two maknaes with her.

 

"Are you okay?" Eric whispered to her as they sat down still not letting go of her.

Yongsun turned to face him and nodded quietly with a smile but clearly he knew she wasn't. 

He sighed knowing all he could do was be next to her and comfort her in anyway he can. They were perfectly fine having their moment together until his mother mentioned his tuxedo.

"Eoh. Adeul. Is that the tux you decided to wear?" She asked pointing at his clothes.

'Oh, right. I totally forgot about that.' He said and got up.

"What do you think?" He asked both the ladies, turning slowly to showcase his clothes.

While his umma gushed about how good looking he was, he was more in his thoughts of what Yongsun thought about his clothing.

"I think this is your suit." His mother nodded in approval.

Not that he didn't care about his mother's opinion, Eric was more nervous of what Yongsun would think about it.

"Uh... W-what do you think?" He asked shyly avoiding her eyes. But since she couldn't speak, he eventually turned to face her and saw her made a few signs.

"You look handsome. It fits you." He read and saw her turn away but not until he saw her blush.

"E-eoh. Thanks. I'll go with this then." He said rubbing the back of his head out of shyness and rushing out of the room with a foolish grin splattered all over his face. "I'll just go change."

 

Coming back from changing back to his clothes, Eric still felt at bliss from what Yongsun told her that he felt it comfortable to whistle merrily like a fool on his way to the lady's dressing room. But on his tracks, he bumped into... how should he descibe it... he bumped into trouble.

Seeing that the other person hasn't noticed his presence just yet, he panicked himself trying to look for a hiding spot. To his right were walls whit nothing and to his left was just the same. 

'Aish! Jjeongmal!' He screamed and without knowing it, smacked his forehead flat on the wall. 

"Woah~. I knew unnie likes the weird kind of men but not this weird." The girl, Byul, was waving a hand at him. "How has it been, ahjussi?"

'Aish! Ahjussi! Why did she have to remember? Aish!' He said cursing himself.

"Yeoboseyo? Hello? Earth to ahjussi?" Byul poked his side making him jump.

Unknown to others, Eric Nam is actually a ticklish guy. One poke to any of his sensitive parts and his be wiggling like a fish out of water.

"Yah! Don't you know its rude to be poking people like that?!" He yelled.

Byul got taken aback but found herself retorting. "Mwoyah? Don't you know that its rude ignoring people who ask you questions?"

"Aish!" He just yelled and gave her a nasty stare.

"Ah, forget it. Anyway, we can talk about this another time. Right now, unnie's waiting for you inside." She said grabbing a fistful of his shirt and pushing him in.

"Yah? What are you doing?" Eric snapped at her sudden behaviour. 

But then again, the girl ignored him and looked straight to her friend's direction. 

"Yah!" Yongsun signed. "What are you doing?"

Byul just gave her best sneaky smile and said, "Unnie, halmoni said to spend the rest of the day together with your nampyeon. So, our own get together can wait. Moon Star out! See ya!" The girl locked the door behind her as they were left alone.

"Huh? What?" Eric looked like a fool standing there staring at the door. "What is going on?"

 

Meanwhile, Yongsun got up from her chair and awkwardly approached her fiancee slowly as too not scare him. Well, with how she can't talk and movements more silent than a ghost's...  Sure... She is so not going to scare her fiancee.

Tapping on his shoulder, she also got startled and fell on her bottom as her fiancee jumped in shock.

"Euack!" Though she can't talk, she still have the abilities to use her vocal box and make noises when she gets shocked or of the sorts.

Realizing his mistake, he quickly got to his senses and assisted his bride. "Are you okay?" He asked pulling her up with one hand on her arm and another on her waist.

"Are you okay?"

She didn feel his hands on her but the fact that they were at very close proximity only came to her when she looked straight at him meeting his eyes. 

'What the heck is this?!' She yelled in her head.

Not wanting to be thought as rude, she gently pushed him away.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Eric apologized but stopped when she signed.

"It was my fault. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have startled you." 

"Aniya. I was very jumpy to begin with." He said trying to laugh it off.

Hearing his short laugh, Yongsun felt he heart react to it. 'M-mwoyah. My heart...' She pressed a hand on her chest trying to keep it from beating any faster. 

"What's wrong?" Eric approached her again but she took a step back. "Are you sure you're okay?"

She nodded and was going to say yes until her stomach said something else.

"Oh. I guess your not." He said and chuckled lightly and held out his hand. "Come on. I think its time for use to get some lunch."

Embarassed and a little annoyed, she swatted his hand away. 'Aish! Why did he have to hear that?!'

"Eoh? Uhm, okay. I guess it's too early for that." He said awkwardly rubbing his neck. "Uhm, so what do you want to eat?"

'Eoh? I thought he was going to hold my hand?' She pouted.

"Yongsun-ssi? Are you sure you're okay?" She nodded and he opened the door for them. "So how about we head to lunch?"

She nodded again but this time she kept her head down to hide her pout away. Not looking where she was going, she almost tripped on herself.

"This won't do." She heard him mumble before feeling his hand on hers.

 

 

 

 

*A/N: Hi guys!

        So for the first two chapters, I basically just played with it. I know it's not a good idea to do that when its basically the foundation of the story but I just thought, 'why not?'.

        Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed reading this story. By the way, I'd really appreciate it if you guys leave some comment. 

       Thanks all! 

      Here are some ideas of how Eric's fictional mom look and how the other girl's behave and their expressions:

 

Imagine her calling Eric "Adeul~"

Ya'll know how playful this girl is. :D

I want her for a sister so bad!  

She's just too adorable!

She's so cute! She's just 

The Beagle girls.