Sun is shining

Natural Disaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A woman in her formal wear sips the last drop of wine from her glass. That is why she loves planes especially when she is in the business class she can get all she wants from food to drinks, she felt dizzy and her head is really heavy, she barely understood that the captain told her that they are landing all she remembers is that the flight attendant asked her to fasten her seatbelt and –

“And we have landed in Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, the local time is – Thank you for flying with us, we hope to see you again.”

“Oh great, that was a short one.” She stated like she is already drunken.

The passengers are starting to get their things and she tried standing up but she almost fell, to be honest she had finished two bottles of white and red wine as she keeps on asking one more to the flight attendants. She removed her seatbelt and tried standing up, now she knows she is indeed dizzy.

“Are you okay?”

She looked up and a very familiar face welcomed her, smiling in concern to her. She knows her, of course everyone knows who she is. One of the top models in South Korea.

“Jeon Somi?!” she spoke in disbelief..

Somi smiled at her, looking ravishing as ever. “Jihyo – nim” of course the girl recognizes her, she tried recruiting her before but Somi did not want to be an Idol, she just wanted to be a high fashioned model, though her personality will be a great fit she decided to be as mysterious to her fans as possible but Chaeyoung, her girlfriend and some other people knows how fun she is.

“You have been drinking a lot, I was to approach you earlier but you seemed to be enjoying the free wine.” Somi explained as she helped Jihyo with her things and helped her stand up too.

“What are you doing here in Taiwan?” Jihyo then asked as they started walking going to the immigration to get their passports stamped. Somi is still helping Jihyo.

“I am supposed to attend a wedding.” Somi briefly answered, “and you?”

“Same, my colleague invited me to a wedding and I need to check on my trainee she stated that she will be back here and will contact me once her plane landed but she had not contacted me yet so I will drag her back to SK, well, not that I can do that her father is like the richest man here, though I can force her or blackmail her” Jihyo is talking nonstop and Somi is just awkwardly nodding looking on people if they are looking at them, good thing that Jihyo is talking in her mother tongue so no one really cares.

They went out of the airport, and looking for a cab and Jihyo is still talking about her plan on getting her trainee back to South Korea that Somi can barely care about, she is here to surprised her girlfriend who had been lonely, well that is what Chaeyoung tells her, since Sana went missing.

“Or I could tell her that she can have an album if she really wanted to sing but she needs to be an actress just yet. Or maybe—“

“Or maybe you can tell me your hotel name and I can ask the cab driver to bring you there?” Somi is smiling while she is saying those words, then Jihyo smiled back.

“That is why you got that toothpaste commercial because your smile is really pretty! Are your teeth really that white?” Jihyo said trying to touch Somi’s teeth. Somi almost bite Jihyo’s finger, she cursed herself offering  to help Jihyo. The immigration officer almost lock Jihyo up if Somi did not say that she is a person with special needs.

Jihyo retracted her fingers and narrowed her eyes to Somi.

“Where you heading?” Somi asked in a serious tone.

“W Hotel.”

Somi took a deep sigh, “get in” she stated to Jihyo who is acting like a kid since they took off the plane.

“No biting!” Jihyo said baby talking and Somi shook her head and rolled her eyes. “I should have not helped you.”

_

The sun has finally shine and the people in the barrio is finally out for a celebration, well, it is not really a celebration as there is a big damage on the barrio they need to clean and rebuild the damages that the storm had caused. There will be a lot of cleaning as the branches of the trees are everywhere and some of the places are muddy and so on. There is only one school and clinic in the barrio and those places were muddy and really disorganize a literal meaning that a storm came.

As volunteers, it is Chungha’s team job to help and since her crew has not arrived yet her new found crew is ready to help, they have put a small tent for their services. They have snacks prepared for the people of the barrio, the lady who caters to them cooked and Chungha and Tzuyu are distributing it to the people for their breakfast. Everyone is actually looking on Tzuyu, and most of them are not eating because they are mesmerized on her beauty as she smiles and give them food. Name it, from the eldest to the youngest Ibatan (People from Batanes) is just looking at her.

“Hay naku!! Magsikain nga kayo hindi yung itong bata ang kinakain ng tingin niyo” (My goodness! You guys eat your food! Don’t eat her with your stares!) The Imang (Grandma) scolded the people who keeps on looking to Tzuyu.

“Eh Imang kagandang bata niyan. Lahat sila nakakabusog!” (Err Grandma, That girl is so pretty, all of them makes us full.) A man stated and everyone agreed to him.

“Magtigil! Di kayo type nian, yung Doktora don.” (Shut up. You are not her type the Doctor over there is her type) Ima said smirking, like she did a thug life to all the guys.

“Ay tibamba? Sister!!!” (Lesbian? Sister!!) A gay from the neighborhood excitedly jumped in, in most places in the Philippines, LGBT is being tolerated and accepted.

“Hi Bes!” {bes is short for best friend, pretty famous endearment in PH} the gay went to Tzuyu offering his hand. “Aura, te!” (Aura, Unnie) He introduced himself to Tzuyu.

“Ate Tzusu funny yan bessss ko din yan si ate Aura.”  (Tzuyu Unnie he is funny and Awra Unnie is also my ‘bes’ )

Tzuyu looks at Chungha in confusion. Chungha just smiled. “Tzuyu.” Tzuyu gave her hand.

“Bes – uhmm you (Pointing at Tzuyu) and Ano nga ung ingles ng ako?” (What is the English of ‘ako’?)

“I” Chungha answered.

“Thanks te! Me(pointing at himself) best of prends okey?” Aura said to Tzuyu with the intention that all the guys will look at him too.

Tzuyu plastered his awkward smile but she nodded anyway, as if she does not have a choice. She looks around and her awkward smile turned into a very bright lovely smile as she caught Sana looking at her direction, and Sana smiled back hesitantly and continues what she is doing. Tzuyu’s smile can’t be removed on her face anymore.

“The Chungha, Conperm.. Lakas tama nito sa doktora.” (Chungha Unnie, it is the confirmed, she got it bad with the doctor) Aura commented like he is a gossiper.

“Truth” The girl with the lisps agreed and she showered her saliva to Aura who threatened to hit her.

Chungha shook her head as she is looking at Tzuyu, she felt Chungha is looking at her so she looks at her.

“What?” Tzuyu asked curelessly.

“Nothing..” Chungha said teasing Tzuyu with a smile and the latter smiled again then she looks at Sana’s direction, the doctor is busy on her end so Tzuyu just get back to do her task.

 

 

Sana is a doctor so she has her own area to check the people, she has a stethoscope on her ear as she checks the breathing of the people most of them had colds and cough and flu , good thing she had Nayoung to help her distribute the medicines as she prescribes it to them and good thing that Chungha’s team has a lot of supplies. She really love helping people and curing them, this also keeps her mind away from thinking a lot of things, things like involve Dahyun and this other person who looks at her in a way that she flustered.

Sana knows that Tzuyu had been glancing at her every ten seconds, she is trying her best to ignore it because there is something about Tzuyu’s eyes, the feeling of appreciation and warmth that Sana’s weak point. She cannot see how much affection Tzuyu sends on her gaze because it creates something inside her that she will never acknowledge… and she will suppress it of course and make herself believe that she is missing Dahyun that is why. And also, she does not want to explain, the hidden smile she has whenever Tzuyu would worry at her. There is something about her that makes Sana feel unusual, feel different. Maybe, she just misses Dahyun a lot, because Tzuyu is as annoying as Dahyun. They both make Sana do things that she does not want to, they both challenge Sana’s personality. She remembered when Dahyun and her first met, she stopped her on doing another stupid thing. When Tzuyu did that too - -  she stopped her on going to the city center because it was too dangerous. Then there is that vulnerability on Tzuyu’s end talking about her mother - - making her feel that she is the only person that she trusted with it. Same as when Dahyun cried in front of her because of her parents. Taeyeon and Heechul, fighting again about money and many things. The hardship of being a daughter of famous people.

Sana thought, that maybe, the reason why she is attached to Tzuyu is because she can see Dahyun in her… That maybe the reason why there is something unusual going on in her is because she just misses Dahyun so much that she could be projecting her feeling to Dahyun to Tzuyu? ‘Do I even like Tzuyu?’ Sana asked herself. Then she heard the voice of the gay kid who is talking with Tzuyu and she looked on their direction.

She looks at Tzuyu intensely, ‘She is nothing like Dahyun,  if that is Dahyun she will tease the kid, she will play with her and smile at her so genuinely not as awkward as Tzuyu does.. she’ Sana stopped on her train of thoughts when Tzuyu met her eyes, she smiled at her genuinely and Sana had no choice than to return it with a warm smile. Sana has no idea but her ears heat up a bit. “It is really projection!” Sana said in her own defense.

“I think it is denial” Nayoung suddenly spoke up.

Sana looks at Nayoung in a shock manner, they are talking in Korean. Nayoung has her no expression face still. Sana is trying to figure out what Nayoung meant.

“It is okay to enjoy the moment without restrictions Sana, to do what you want to do, experience what you want to experience and that is the only time you can answer all your questions about her and her.” Nayoung said giving advice to Sana, but still without any facial expression.

Sana just look at her. She does not know if Nayoung is really good in things like this or she is too obvious on her confusion.

_

Pinky flops her body on the soft couch as she looks really stressed, she had not cry or had shown a hint of sadness, well she just wanted to be as strong as possible. Her older brother, Kris, stated that they are still looking for the survivors and their father is raging already because it had been five days since their youngest is missing. They did not want to lose another member to the family with a plane crash, this is exhausting, this is heartbreaking but they all remain still as possible. Pinky closed her eyes, she feels the urge of crying but she just needed to stop the tears from falling…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter