Missing you

Natural Disaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The wind coming from the fan makes the thin white blanket dance through the air for a couple of seconds before it settles back to the two people who are using it. The scent from the scented candles that was lit up last night still covers the room, it is a mix of jasmine and lilac, sweet yet rejuvenating. The whole room is covered by soft giggles, happy screams and aegyo sound coming from the two-people lying on their soft bed.  Who are now playing footsies?

“Minatozaki Sana, I need to go to work!” Dahyun said in an aegyo as she pokes Sana’s nose because they are taking too much time of being with each other again. Enjoying morning more than they should.

As soon as the blonde girl heard it, she immediately closed her eyes and pretended to be asleep as she hugs her younger girlfriend tightly, leaving no space between them. Dahyun smiled on the childish behavior Sana did, she is like a preschooler who clings too much to mommy just for her not to leave her on her first day in school.

“Sana.” Dahyun sounded like a girl who is complaining yet it came out so sweet that even Sana cannot control her lips from curving upward on its side, Dahyun’s frustrated voice is one of the things that Sana loves about Dahyun. “I see you smilin’ baby, I really…” Dahyun was cut off as Sana kisses her lips.

“Five more minutes babe please..” Sana said with her eyes close.

“Yah! That is what you said last Monday but I ended up sleeping the whole day with you... Babe, please… I have a class to attend today.” Dahyun pleaded as she tried lightly pushing Sana. “Babe, come on, please.”

“Aish! Kim Dahyun you are such a bummer!!” Sana said in her another childish aegyo as if she is really really mad and she let Dahyun go.

Dahyun cringed on the adorable way Sana reacted so she retracted from her track.

“Baby, don’t frown okay?” Dahyun said sweetly. Sana rolled her eyes and she sat up too.  Dahyun’s smile even gets wider, Sana is indeed so adorable… She always have that pride inside her whenever she sees Sana like that, what makes her prouder is that she only does that to her.. Dahyun stood up in between Sana’s legs cupping her cheeks for the girl to look at her.. “I promise I will make it up to you ” Dahyun said  sweetly  but Sana is still acting, Dahyun pinched her cheeks and rub their noses together, acting so sweet and so sorry.. Then she kisses Sana on her cheeks with a good amount of saliva that Sana felt.

“Yah! Kim Dahyun!!!!!” Sana found it disgusting, she wipes it with her palm. Dahyun kept her distance and she ran for her life because she knows what Sana will do, she will hit her, Dahyun dodged multiple times as Sana chases her.

Dahyun is too familiar with this scene as it is like their ritual convincing Sana to shower and start their actual day, their normal day as living individuals... 

Dahyun is sure that Sana will complain endlessly about this.

Dahyun is sure that Sana will nag her on this.

Dahyun is sure that Sana will chase her.

Dahyun is sure that Sana will call her KIM DAHYUN on top of her lungs just to get to her.

Dahyun is sure that she will hear Sana kick something in frustration.

Dahyun is sure about it… 

Sana will do it! Sana shall do it but…

Why is she not hearing any sound? Why is she not hearing footsteps?

Why is she not hearing complaints from Sana?

WHY?

She stopped her track and slowly turns around...

She opened her eyes wider to make sure that it is not deceiving her, and she looks from left to right.

“Sana? Baby?” She called to look for her, she was just right there, she should be right there.

Dahyun started to panic when Sana is not answering she started moving, but.. suddenly everything is fading before her.

She tried moving but she seemed stuck, gravity seemed to be pulling her where she is standing now.

She opened to try and calling Sana once more, but is suddenly dry, and her voice is not coming out... no sound... no matter how hard she tries.

Then she is choking.. suddenly it is hard to breathe, suddenly her heart is clenching for no reason…

She holds on her chest and fights with all her might to try and breathe, to let air out but she could not, she could not breathe.

Then she felt her chest being heavy. As if her heart is being squeezed.. that every second past the grip is becoming tighter, and tighter.

She put her right hand to her chest hoping that she can help herself ease the pain but she could not, she feels her sweat from her head down to her face... It hurts like hell she felt like dying…

Her knees become weak so she knelt as she feels that gravity is pulling her closer, she keeps her hand on her chest, as the pain she feels inside her is killing her.

Dahyun’s chest is hurting, her head is hurting, her body hurts so much as if it is giving up. She could not scream nor call help, nothing is coming out from her, all that she can feel is pain… hurt.. as if she was cut open bleeding with no remedy...

Dahyun clenched her fist, she shut her eyes, and….

She opened her eyes, she is finally able to breathe, as her chest move up and down but she is still catching her breath. She looks at her surroundings and she is already inside her hotel room, she barely remembers how she got here, then.. realization hits her, it was a dream. A sweet dream that turns into a nightmare… that becomes her recent reality. An incubus she is living in since Sana went missing.

Dahyun looks at the empty space beside her.. space where Sana is supposed to be, she delicately touches it as if this space means the world to her.. her eyes are glittering but she still refuses to cry, she does not want to cry. She clenched the blanket on the empty space beside her...

“Five more minutes Sana..” Dahyun requested to no one, she shut her eyes and try to sleep again. The pain she felt in her dreams is surreal, the squeezing of her fragile heart felt so real, she tried closing her eyes tighter, hoping to have five more minutes of Sana even it is just a dream... She misses her so much that she can’t even describe how much she does…. “Even five second please..” Dahyun pleaded once more, she will exchange everything in the world to see her and touch her…  she clenched tighter putting pressure on it, she bites her lower lips, preventing not to cry. She will not cry, she should not cry, She holds on it tighter, NO she will not cry. SHE SHOULD NOT!

_

“How is she?”

Chaeyoung startled hearing an unwelcome voice, she looks behind her and she sees Momo peeking by Dahyun’s bedroom as well.

“You scared me Momo Unnie” Chaeyoung reacted, Momo just smiled apologetically. Then their eyes met and they become serious. They decided to shut Dahyun’s door quietly as they moved to the living room.

“She misses Sana so much,” Chaeyoung said looking at the ground, she saw everything, heard how Dahyun pleaded for Sana to appear. How Dahyun seemed to be so doomed. “I know.” Momo’s only response. They too, do not know how to deal with the situation, it is not every day they see their best friend suffering, not every day that a friend is missing because of a plane crash. It is just so unrealistic for them, and so sad.. they do not want to think about it but there is a possibility that Sana could be.. dead.

There was a long pause, they don’t know how to converse properly anymore because everything seemed down.

“How is Jungyeon Unnie?” Chaeyoung then asked. Momo looked at her first before answering.

“She is finally asleep; she had been crying for three days.”

“I see.” Chaeyoung nodded.

“I love Sana too you know, but…” Momo sighed. “Now I am wondering if Sana and she were secretly dating because she cried more than Dahyun had.”

“You don’t think they will do that, right?” Chaeyoung sounded serious then Momo look at her with an are you serious look?

“Chaeng, I am just joking.. come on put your humor back,” Momo said smiling and Chaeyoung chuckled, they share a nice chuckle.. and after couple of minutes, they look at each other with water in their eyes, thinking that they might be crazies, because the atmosphere just got t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter