Storm is almost Over

Natural Disaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What is going on?” Sana asked as she saw lights and heard rabbling sounds of panic towards the house of the people who helped them.

“Why are you asking me? I was with you the whole time, hell I know what is going on.” Tzuyu answered stating the obvious. Her right hand is exactly where it wants to stay at, on Sana’s waist as the girl’s left arm is hanging by her shoulder. She is assisting her to walk as Sana is still struggling to do so, they have decided to go back to the house.

Sana needed to roll her eyes on Tzuyu’s sarcasm but the younger one smiled at her. She shook her head and asked Tzuyu to hurry up.

As soon as they opened the door they see people they don’t know. They observe the setting and there is a pregnant lady lying on the table but she seemed passed out already. Sana knows exactly what is happening as she is a doctor.

“Jusme.” (Omo) The grandmother who cooked and caters them seemed distressed, as she is the midwife of the town. In a small town like this, giving birth inside the house is a normal thing.

Sana observed everything, she can see the man holding the hand of his wife, crying losing hope of his mother and child and Chungha and Nayoung standing on the side trying to help then the kids peeking seemed sad on the situation. Sana felt the adrenaline once again, times like this makes her mind think fast and be who she is, a doctor.

Sana went to the patient and she felt her pulse through her neck. “She is not dead yet.” She said firmly in English. Everyone is looking at her as if she is the hero they needed that very moment. “We need to perform C section, do we have any oxygen tanks that we can use and some medical equipment?” she was on top of her game that everyone seemed to shock well because saving a life is Sana’s purpose. No Sana No Life, well that is what she always believes in.

“Chungha?” Sana asked in demand and everyone lightens up, not that they did not hear what Sana said just that it was a surprise because all Sana did the time she woke up is merely snob everyone and just ran away. Chungha shook her head to get on the game as well.

“We do have kits inside the headquarters. We have an oxygen pump and some sort of ---“

“What are you doing here? Get it!” Sana ordered like a doctor inside the emergency room.

“I’ll come with you.” Tzuyu offered her help as soon as Chungha left the room.

“I need some hot water to sterilize the equipment and clean towels and bins and as much as possible fewer people to avoid infection cover this area and so on.,” Sana ordered to Nayoung and she nodded as everyone is working, the grandmother somewhat understood what Sana said or it is just an instinct so she did help to get those things too.

“Anong nangyayari Ima?” (What is happening, grandma?) The husband asked the lady who brought clean towels. He looks worried. “Mag sesarian ang asawa mo Ga, nahimatay man siya kaya kailangan malabas ang bata o parehas silang manganganib” (She will go through a C section to get the child our or else they will both be in danger.) She explained briefly, the guy looks more worried, he looked at Sana in doubt as if he does not want to trust the life of his mother and child to Sana but he knows he does not have any choice because he seemed to lose them right away. Sana met his eyes and she gave him a determined look, the look as fierce that she gives every patient to get their worries away. The man’s eyes soften and Sana gave a small nod.

Nayoung came with the warm water.

Tzuyu and Chungha appeared too, Chungha is holding an oxygen pump and then Tzuyu is carrying a military surgical kit. Sana looked at it. “You have all those? Don’t you have a doctor in your volunteering stuff?” Nayoung asked as Sana is grab the bag and started checking it to see what she could use.

“Well, she is stuck with the rest of the team sightseeing in Basco, and so they can’t go here just yet okay? Storm is still bad.” Chungha explained briefly as Sana is already dropping the scalpel blades, scalpel holders, needle holder, needles, three pair of different sized scissors, and a number of clamps used in all sort of surgery, there were retractors too, now Sana is game on.

“Guys move! Stop talking about non-sense” Sana scolded, “I need someone pumping air to her, to keep her heart beating.” Chungha immediately went to where she knew she could help as soon as she heard what Sana said, she attached the oxygen pumped to the patient carefully and started doing her thing. “Does anyone here familiar with the medical tools, I need a nurse,” Sana asked in the same level of adrenaline.

“I was in the air force training, I think I can help you on that,” Nayoung stated washing her hands and putting gloves on.

“How can I help?” Tzuyu then asked wanting to help as well.

“I need you to tie my hair and wash your hands after as you are helping me in getting this baby out,” Sana said she already sterilized her hands with gloves she does not want to contaminate it. Tzuyu gulped, aren’t them moving too fast? They just started to get to know each other now Sana is asking her to tie her hair, that is sweet. “Are you really willing to help?” Sana raised a brow, now Tzuyu remembered it is a life and death situation for someone, she will probably spazz later.

Tzuyu’s fingers brush to Sana’s locks, it brought chills to Tzuyu’s spine, even though Sana’s hair is sticky and wet because they were outside battling the rain. Tzuyu felt her ears are heating up, she needed to clenched her jaw because as soon as pulled up Sana’s hair she knew her nose could bleed. The porcelain, white skin on the back of the ear of Sana traveling all over her nape through her smooth upper back. Tzuyu literally wanted to touch it.. caress it.. taste it. Her moment was cut off by herself once again, she shook her head and got reminded of the situation that they are saving a life…

“Okay, let’s do this,” Sana said and everyone could see the passion through her eyes. Sana is on fire whenever she is inside the operating room, no, not only inside the operating room it is whenever she is operating. “Scalpel number ten and then twenty.” She started and Nayoung handed all the things she asked for. Sana is so concentrated and her attitude became contagious inside the room.

Blood started to came out when Sana started cutting and Tzuyu feels nauseous and stuck up suddenly as she remembered something, now she knows it blood still makes her feel the same way, makes her see the same image… The image of her mother beside her. Sana was saying some task that she should do but she is not responding. Then Sana read through her face, the same face that Tzuyu had earlier when they were talking about her mother, the same image that the girl she used to knew has. Sana then asked for a retractor from Nayoung, who seemed to still be at no emotion façade.

Sana used it to open the cut she made it wider and get to sac where the baby is resting.

Chungha is perspiring as she seemed to be working her knuckles out as keeps on pumping as hard as she can, she’d rather look at the face of the mother than the action going on Sana’s side. Nayoung looked at the open cut and she does not have any reaction as well even to the grossest thing Chungha consider, still that poker resting face she has every time.

Sana looks at Tzuyu who has her eyes wide open and looking at the open cut. She looked lost and Sana is somewhat familiar with that look, she took a deep breath and clenched her jaw, she grabs Tzuyu’s hand covered with gloves.

Tzuyu is a damn surprise on what, when, why, how.. Sana’s hand is on hers. She followed with her eyes on where Sana’s hand brought hers and it ended up on the retractor.

“Focus,” Sana stated.

One word from Sana and Tzuyu’s world turns out 360 degrees like she is determined to save a life not only a life but lives…..

_

Osaka General hospital

A young Sana is walking around the hospital garden holding a cute brown dog stuff toy she is looking at the scenery, she was supposed to be watched by a nurse but she is a bit mischievous as she ran away from her. She was one of the victims of the plane crash, there were several people got hurt and six dead into that crash, she was flying with her father going to Paris for a business trip. Sana and her father were fortunate enough as they were near the emergency exit.

Sana then heard a cry from somewhere, and she saw a girl wearing the same hospital gown she is wearing and the girl is hugging her knees crying, blabbing things that Sana could barely understand. She got curious and she sat in front of the girl. The crying girl saw the shadow that covers her body so she looked up and – their eyes met for the first time.

“Why are you crying?” Sana asked almost crying.

“My mother died in a plane crash… she, it was my fault, I killed her.” The little girl answered sobbing. She is struggling to deliver her words, her Japanese sounded foreign and in an accent that Sana could not tell from where. The girl continues to cry and Sana started caressing the long black hair of the girl, she looks at her once again.

“Here” Sana handed her brown dog stuff toy to the girl. “You can cry to this ---“ Sana stopped talking for a while as she was shocked that the girl crashed her body to her and she hugged her tightly and she started crying, Sana could feel that her shoulders are getting wet. She hugged back and caressed her back once more… “Your mama loves you she does not blame you, she is thankful you survived,” Sana said, the girl cried harder on her shoulders and Sana just caress her more.

“How did you know that?” The girl speaks once more in a struggling Japanese tone.

“Because Sailor moon once said that there isn’t a mother anywhere who does not think dearly of their child,” Sana stated like she knows what she is talking about but she does not, she is still a child.

They can’t remember how long they were in the garden sitting on the bench all Sana could see is the sunset with this crying baby holding her brown dog stuff toy, as her head on Sana’s shoulder and she cried herself to sleep.

_

Nayeon stormed in the hotel room that Taeyeon rented, it is a house like since Dahyun wanted them to have a common area, it is a five-star hotel, that has a living room, a kitchen, and four rooms. Jungyeon and Momo occupy one of the bedrooms as Dahyun and Sana were supposed to occupy the other, she uses one for herself while Mina is sharing the room with Chaeyoung with a twin bed.

Nayeon slammed the door, she is in rage.

Momo and Chaeyoung who were drinking by the fireplace were surprised on her appearance.

“Nayeonnie?” Momo was supposed to stand up and find out what is going on when the door once again opened and it slammed by Mina.

“What is your problem Nayeon!” Mina is also in rage, Chaeyoung had never seen her like that. Nayeon stopped from her track she looks at Chaeyoung and Momo before completely facing Mina.

“I don’t have a problem okay?! But your friend is missing so you should not be flirting with just anyone who looks at you like you were !” Nayeon answered back.

“For God Sake!! He was being friendly and I am not flirting with him we are just talking!!” Mina answered back, she went out from the bathroom with her eyes swollen and met a guy who is also looking for his sister, they started conversing and Nayeon knows that Mina is not that type of girl who talks to anyone or even laughs at silly jokes however the guy seemed really funny well to Mina only because she laughs at his jokes.

“Tell that to yourself! You even have Chaeyoung here yet you are flirting with some other guy! Aren’t you really a cheater? Mina!!” Nayeon answered in a fire back.

Mina’s eyes widen so as Nayeon, she regretted it the moment she finished her sentence, why is she being so cruel to the girl she used to love, what is happening to her she asked herself.

“Okay, guys - - we get it you are fighting because you still love each other and got jealous if someone flirts with someone but what happened? Why are you here, are you not supposed to be waiting for the coast guards?” Momo said like she does not care about the situation, well it is not that she does care she is just too innocent to miss that picture. Chaeyoung looks on the ground, Mina is really important to her but this thing is exactly a reminder that Mina and Nayeon still have feelings for each other.

“Nayeon punched a guy and they asked us to leave to have her cool down,” Mina explained briefly.

“He was trying to you!” Nayeon defended.

“He was just holding my thigh!” Mina shouted.

“Told you she was jealous,” Momo whispered to Chaeyoung like she did not hear what Chaeyoung story or she bet her car on it. Chayeoung just rolled her eyes, she continues to watch Mina and started to contemplate about her, about Somi and her… Mina is becoming a victim of her love to Nayeon that she is also losing herself as Nayeon lost herself. She wonders if she should step up to help Mina find herself, but what about Somi? She likes her a lot.

“Squeezing it!” Nayeon blurted mad, “And the worse part has you let him do it to you!!”

“You have no right to tell me who let me touch my body when since the night you met Pinky you have been showing me your throat knotting with her!!” Mina shouted in frustration.

“Oh now, this is all on me? Pinky and I are different..” Nayeon stated once again as a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter