Friday

Natural Disaster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Appreciating oneself is one of the greatest things an individual gives to herself. Smiling, feeling proud of what she created even no one praises her... She takes pride and compassion on it, and Myoui Mina is that hell of a person, she arranges her newly bake cake in the middle of the long table inside their old town look alike cafe. They have a bunch of customers because her cake is to die for even their coffee but their customers know that every Friday, they close early because it is weekly private dinner stuff with they so-called family.

Mina moved to Korea for college and she was followed by her two besties Momo and Sana, and they were who she considers as family. To her, they are sisters from another mother... And Fridays are the days where they get together, well it was their escape from their busy college life, Sana was on biology, Momo was doing accounting and she is a CPA. Mina? Well, she was busy doing culinary and falling in love to the great Im Nayeon. She smiled remembering Nayeon... The feelings she had with her clumsy girl... She never thought she'd do what she did... She sighed and remember the days...

"Am I interrupting your thoughts?"

Mina was surprised hearing an intruder, there was wind chime hanging by the door she should have heard it if she was not too dramatic about Fridays and Nayeon. She looks up and she paid attention to the person and then look in another direction. She is still wearing her white chef uniform. Tension seems to be building around.

"I was too early right?" She sounded awkward opening another conversation. "No Chaeng, hmm you are just right in time. Where is Somi?" Mina asked with the same level of awkwardness, there is this tension in between them.

"Uhm... She needed to do some stuff.."Chaeyoung answered rooting on her spot. "Uhm.. Where is Nayeon Unnie?" Chaeyoung seemed forced to ask.

"She just went to get some stuff, she'd be back soon," Mina said. "Okay." Chaeyoung seemed too tense. Their eyes roam around the place and they both know that they have nothing to talk about.

"Are you getting an award for being the early bird?" Jungyeon walks in, she opened the door for her girlfriend who is carrying big folders. Mina and Chaeyoung are somewhat thankful on the arrival of someone else. Jungyeon greeted Chaeyoung with a kiss on her cheeks and did the same thing to Mina. 

"You got a lot of stuff Jungyeon." It was Nayeon behind Momo with a box of something she saw the two on the outside and decided to help them. Mina immediately looks at Chaeyoung then Nayeon.. Who seemed to glare at her.

"Let me help you Unnie." Chaeyoung offered.

"I got this kid," Nayeon said, it sounded cold but Chaeyoung just smiled. 

"You bake strawberry today! Darn Mina... Love this a lot!" Momo said excitedly, to Jungyeon she the savior of nearly outbursting Nayeon, to Momo herself she is hungry.

"Hmmm, sounds delicious Minari, Chaeng's fave right?" Dahyun came in with a bag of good booze and behind her is her fiancé, Sana.

Chaeng smiled awkwardly.

Mina looks at Nayeon. 

Then Nayeon just forced a smile.

Jungyeon faced palm. If Momo is common senseless, Dahyun is insensitive.

"Oh hey, engaged couples!" Momo was overly excited this time, Jungyeon is thankful she is dating her. The savior of awkwardness... "Oh Momoring, heard you saved a life." Dahyun focus to Momo and everyone laugh, Momo came from overly excited to being stress, they settled on their respective seats. 

Nayeon is sitting on the edge, like she is the father of this family, on her right is Mina, then Momo and Jungyeon, on the other side is Sana, Dahyun and Chaeyoung.

"Well, it was scary, I can't imagine how Sana can stay calm with blood and all.." Momo said.

"Momo she is having asthma, I don't see why you talk about blood," Sana said sarcastically and everyone laughed.

"I was just saying Sana chan!" Momo defended like a kid.

"I told her to stop playing games as she keeps on imagining things," Jungyeon said and everyone laughs because Momo opened but did not continue on what she was about to say when Jungyeon glare at her.

"Mina Unnie keeps on playing games too, is that a Japanese thing?" Chaeyoung stated and she wanted to hit herself because Nayeon seems not happy.

"Sana Unnie does not normally play games she just reads," Dahyun stated, well she is really not going to take anything seriously about Mina and Chaeyoung or even Nayeon. 

"Wait did you just call your fiancé Unnie?! Yah! Kim Dahyun you are sleeping on the couch tonight!" Sana acted mad and everyone laugh because Dahyun is caressing Sana and seems to apologize with a pout, everyone laughs at her.. "Yah!" She shouted at her friends. "You never know what it's like to finally be able to sleep with her in our room." They laughed louder as Dahyun whine.

"Wait?! Are you saying you go to the hospital and sleep with her there?" Nayeon asked and everyone looks at them.

"What? I got my office no one can see us unlike when I was a resident It was damn hard." Sana said and everyone looks disgusted. Nayeon even acted to vomit, everyone laughed.

"Remind me not to stay in Sana's office for too long as it is filled with their unborn children," Jungyeon said and everyone laughed again. 

"Oh yeah, and I suppose they do it on the couch, the white soft couch, not sitting on it again." Nayeon sounded that she just made a New Year's resolution.

"There are cleaners okay!! And I keep on spraying it with Pledge and..." Sana is defending them, Dahyun is dying in embarrassment.

"Not gonna changed that you had there," Nayeon interjected and the couple blushed. Jungyeon laughed like there is no tomorrow. They continue to tease the couple.

This is their normal Friday, laughing at each other talking about their day or rather a week went and just enjoying the company of each other having a really great meal.

Momo was first on the cake she sliced it and offer the first slice to Jungyeon, and then to herself.

"So I was thinking about a garden wedding for both of you since your mom said nothing extravagant just simple and private," Jungyeon stated as she is obviously going to organize Sana and Dahyun's wedding.

"Talk to her dad he wanted media coverage and invite all their showbiz friends and even people Dahyun could not name," Chaeyoung stated. Heechul is the type of guy who wants the best for her daughter and Taeyeon is just private.

"They always have different plans." Sana chuckled on it.

"That is why they are divorced." Dahyun chuckled on it too and they shared a good laugh, Taeyeon and Heechul seemed to be the best divorce couple when it comes to raising Dahyun...

Dahyun sighed then Sana held Dahyun's hand she knows Dahyun more than anything... So she held her hand as if she is assuring her that they will never get separated that this is the best decision they have ever made their whole life..and Dahyun smiled at her feeling home.

"I like private and simple," Sana said leaving a sweet smile to Dahyun before facing Jungyeon. "What do you think Babe?" She focused back to Dahyun. "I don't care if it is extravagant or simple as long as I am marrying you." 

"Oh, Dahyun... You are disgusting." Nayeon shouted teasing them again. "You are just like her too," Mina said, she had been quiet the whole time, well, there is nothing new to that, but she remained quiet as she is measuring Nayeon's mood. "I am never that sweet to you, you are always sweet to me. Following me around and all." Nayeon said showing off. Chaeyoung eats her strawberry cake. "Maybe you heard it from someone else," Nayeon said like she is pissed. Everyone was quiet. 

"How about Taiwan?" Momo then spoke after her third slice. Well, she is again saving the moment.

"What about Taiwan babe?" Jungyeon asked as she wipes Momo's lips.

"Taiwan does same- marriage, it is a great country. You can hold it there privately Korean media could not just fly there right away. And besides, it is cheaper flying us all there than US or UK. So what you think guys?" Momo stated, she just remembered about it after being full, she knows she had been wanting to say it earlier but all the food in front of her made her forget about it.

"Well, I think it is a good idea," Sana said liking Momo's suggestion.

"Oh okay. Taiwan it is.."Jungyeon stated as she fishes out her IPad and started typing something, well she is an event organizer so she should start this thing. "I can help you research about good places in Taiwan and some in the decor," Chaeyoung stated.

"Sure that is great! Of course, Mina is baking right?" Jungyeon said glancing at Nayeon then Mina. They were whispering like having some sort of private talk.

"Ah yeah of c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter