CHAPTER 12

I MADE THE HEROINE FALL FOR ME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RECAP

“I- I get it… Can I give you a hug, senior?” The girl's voice trembled with vulnerability, her request reflecting her need for comfort.

 

“Huh? What–” Charlie's words trailed off as the Omega beside her embraced her tightly, seeking solace in her arms.

 

In that moment, a sweet strawberry champagne scent filled the air, a familiar aroma that Charlie recognized instantly.

 

‘Serena…’ Charlie's thoughts drifted to Serena who is standing at the door, her expression unreadable.

 

“Oh well, would you look at that… The Alpha saved a damsel in distress, and the damsel fell in love with her… then they lived happily ever after,” Dr. Holly, who was standing beside Serena, teased playfully.

 

“Doc Holly! It’s not like that!!!!!” Charlie protested, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment as she gently pushed away the blushing Omega, her mind racing with conflicting emotions.

 

*******

The air in the infirmary suddenly grew tense as Charlie observed the change in Serena’s demeanor.

 

‘What even happened? Did I do something wrong to offend her again? Why is she so hard to read?!’ Charlie fretted inwardly, feeling a pang of anxiety.

 

As Serena walked towards Lisa Hale, Charlie’s mind raced with questions and uncertainties.

 

“We have contacted your mom. She’s on her way here… You have to be careful next time…” Serena’s words were curt as she exited the infirmary without sparing Charlie a glance.

 

Charlie felt a sudden urge to explain herself to Serena, to clear up any misunderstandings. Without hesitation, she followed Serena out of the infirmary.

 

“Serena!” Charlie called out, her voice tinged with urgency.

 

“What?” Serena replied coldly, her demeanor distant.

 

“What Doc Holly said… it wasn’t true… I don’t even like Miss Hale… or did I ever think of liking her… I just help like how I helped you before… There’s nothing going on… I will help anyone who needs help… So… don’t misunderstand…” Charlie carefully explained, her embarrassment evident in her tone.

 

“You don’t have to explain to me…” Serena’s response was clipped, her tone still frosty.

 

“But Serena… I don’t want you to misunderstand… So.. don’t you misunderstand… okay?” Charlie persisted, hoping to convey the sincerity of her words.

 

Serena’s heart fluttered erratically in her chest, her cheeks flushing with color.

 

“Um…” Serena nodded shyly, her gaze averted to hide her now blushing face.

 

“Charlie… go to my room later… there’s something I want to give you,” Serena said softly before slipping away, leaving Charlie standing there, her mind a whirlwind of emotions and confusion.

 

‘Go to my room later’

 

‘Go to my room later’

 

‘Go to my room later’

 

As Leora called out to Charlie, she seemed lost in her thoughts, repeating the phrase "Go to my room later" to herself.

 

“Sister Charlie!” Leora exclaimed, trying to get Charlie's attention.

 

“Go to my room later—” Charlie began to respond absentmindedly.

 

Alice and Leora exchanged puzzled glances, unsure of what was going on with Charlie.

 

“What?” Leora asked, her brow furrowing in confusion.

 

“What?” Charlie echoed, snapping out of her reverie.

 

“Sis Charlie… are you high again?” Alice joked, attempting to lighten the mood with a laugh.

 

“Hehehe… I was just thinking about something…” Charlie replied, trying to brush off their concerns.

 

“Sis Charlie, does that 'something' involve a certain blonde with gorgeous ocean blue eyes?” Leora teased, nudging Charlie playfully.

 

“Huh? Is Serena asking you to go to her room later?!” Alice exclaimed, her eyes widening in shock.

 

“T-then you two… are you….” Leora continued, teasingly raising her eyebrows suggestively.

 

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO ON AGAIN?!” Charlie exclaimed defensively, feeling flustered by her friends' assumptions.

 

Alice and Leora let out a teasing laugh… and then Leora followed a curious question.

 

“You were so absentminded today after getting back from the infirmary so… I thought something might’ve happened there…” Leora's concern was evident in her voice.

 

“And to be honest, sis Charlie… you guys look good together…” Leora's tone was contemplative as she continued.

 

“We do?” Charlie's voice held a hint of childlike hope, seeking validation.

 

“Yes, yes! You guys do…” Leora replied, patting Charlie's head affectionately.

 

“So… Sis Charlie… I hope you will really treat Serena right… She’s been through a lot since her parents died… So you have to be nicer to her… After all, she was once the ‘it girl’ of Hastings… Everyone adored her… Omegas aspire to be like her and Alphas want to be with her…” Leora's words carried a sense of earnestness.

 

“Yeah, sis Charlie! I can sense you really like her! You like her, don't you?” Alice chimed in.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter