Act II: The Boys

What The? [H]

On Soshi Highschool hallway, the students of the school were busy murmuring about a certain rumour that have been circling for a few days. Apparently, Principal Lee had announced that there were five student will be transferred to this school.

“Though they are Koreans, they spent their majority of their lives at States,” He announced at the auditorium. Though he five students had yet to be revealed, some had caught a glimpse of unfamiliar boys visiting Principal’s office.

And the transferred boys along with an unfamiliar one, were splitting image of four boys with shopping spree problem a month ago.

I hear-“

“Is it true-“

“Four hotties on the mall-“

“-last month-“

“-Are here-“

“Attending our school?”

Just then, the main door opened to reveal five boys in rather stylish uniform, all of them seemed not too surprised by the heads turning to them in swift movement. Three of them walked in v-formation, while the two with sunglasses stayed slightly behind the three.

The one in front looked cold, but he had a certain aura that made the girls swoon at the sight. His gaze was sharp, as if boring holes through your soul. But then again the girls decided that it was one of his attractiveness aside of his handsome face.

Slightly behind him was a shorter, cute looking guy. Unlike the first who glares to some of the crowd, he gave them a cute smile that made some of the girls squealed.

Walking beside him was a nervous looking one, as if he was afraid of them taking notice of him. But his fidgeting was what attracted most of the girls’ eyes, because they saw it as a cute act.

The crowds widened their eyes as the two with sunglasses removed the accessories off their eyes, revealing a pair of twinkling doe eyes and a pair of charming eye-smiles. The boy with twinkling doe eyes smiled politely at few who got caught looking at him, while the eye-smiling boy gave them his charming smile.

As they walked, people cleared out from their way, effectively making a clear path to Principal’s office, their destination.


“That was intense!” Nicole coughed while patting her now flat chest. Her heart was beating too rapidly for her liking, because of the stares they received on the way here. Nicole wasn’t anxious of the stares, but she merely afraid of doing something too awkward in front of many people she knows.

She swore she saw Sooyoung looking at her in awe.

Flashback

“What’s your plan, Sunny?” Jessica asked curiously.

“Later. Seohyun, how is the gender changer pill? I saw you messing with it yesterday.”

Seohyun was taken aback, but answered anyway. “Still like always, but I made a few adjustment so its effect could be nullified at will with its counter.”

“So we could stay as boys and change back whenever we want?”

“There will be several headache when you changed too often but yes, exactly.” Seohyun affirmed proudly.

“Great.” Sunny grinned. “Because I think you need to ‘hide’ in your male version.”

“Don’t you think it’s futile because Yoong knows us, or more importantly her?” Tiffany asked rhetorically.

"She can be trusted. Now listen carefully!"

“You’re a nervous wreck there, Nich.” Right, now they are using aliases. Nicole checked the room and breathed a sigh of relief as no one was present aside of the Secretary and Principal inside his inner office. The Secretary, who goes by the name Shinyoung gave them a grin as Nicole scanned the room.

“Right,” Tiffany agreed. “What’s our name again?”

Jessica pointed at herself. “Joseph Lee.”

“Stephen Jung.” She pointed at Tiffany, who nodded.

Jessica stared at the rest, expecting something.

“Hwang Soon-chun,” Sunny grumbled. “But please don’t call me Soon-chun!”

“What then, Soonkyu?”

“Die, Stephanie!”

“Moving on to you two!” Jessica glared at the two maknaes, expecting them to remember their own name.

“Nicholas Seo Yong-jo,” Nicole affirmed.

“Jung Joohyun,” Seohyun nodded. “By the way why are we switching names?”

Sunny glared at Seohyun. “Do you want them to recognize you just by your name only?”

“So what?” Seohyun whined. “Yoong knows who I am! Who you are!”

“And our classmates thought we’re already transferred to States to switch with the ‘boys’,” Jessica huffed. “Seriously Hyunnie, we already arranged complicated stuffs for a month so please make this thing easier for us okay?”

Seohyun ran her fingers through her now short hair. The feeling was foreign, but now she really understand why boys often do thing when they are distressed about something. It soothes the nerve.

“Yea, I guess.” She mumbled.


Principal Sooman, who was also Sunny’s uncle arranged so that they won’t be at their former class to avoid any suspicion. Sunny told him about their situation and he was more than willing to help. He didn’t tell his staff, except Shinyoung who was on his side 24/7.

Sunny was placed on her own class, as she didn’t have any particular close friend and thus no one would ever notice. Tiffany was on Jessica’s while Jessica was on Tiffany’s. As Seohyun and Nicole were on the same class before, they were placed together on different class.

“Remind me of why should I be with that… that midget!” Jessica hollered angrily at the arrangement. She suddenly turned to a smirking Tiffany. “Don’t you dare to flirt with Kwon, you imbecile! One move and you’re dead.”

“Whoa chill mate!” Tiffany chuckled. She was surprised that Jessica dared to threaten her. And this time, it wasn’t an empty one. She meant it. “I won’t even spare a glance on your girlfriend!”

“She’s not my girlfriend! As if!” Jessica sputtered, her cheeks flaming. “Shut up you three!” She fumed at the laughing trio.

Tiffany grinned. “Whatever you say, Joe.”

Jessica grimaced. “Joe?”

“Yeah Joe,” Tiffany shrugged as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. “We ought to have nickname for each other. Unless you still want to go as Jessi?”

“Grr…” Jessica huffed, then rolled her eyes. “Acceptable. I’ll still call you Steph, kay?”

Tiffany nodded in approval. “Agreeable.”

“Sunny is too girly for a boy. I guess Sony will do?” Sunny clicked her tongue. “Damn it’s one of GTA character’s name!”

Nicole chuckled. “And you three had an agreement on calling me Nich. My case closed.”

Seohyun looked at her unnies in confusion. “How about me? What’s my English name?”

The four looked at her in scepticism. “You sure you didn’t read your document, Jung?” Sunny asked with an eyebrow raised.

They never expected Seohyun’s face to pale immediately.

“What – no – you can’t possibly!”

Before she could whine any longer, Nicole piped out. “Christopher is nice, don’t you think so?”

“Hell to the no.”

“Language, Chris. Language.” Sunny chided with a grin.


Principal Sooman requested Mr Kim to the youngest two of the new students to their classroom, as he is the homeroom teacher and a fluent English speaker. Mr Kim, though a bit saddened by the fact his sister suddenly got transferred to State for scholarship, accepted the request without hesitation. It is his duty as teacher, after all.

“Mr Kim, let me introduce you to Jung Joohyun and Seo Yong-jo.” At Principal Sooman’s introduction, the two boys bowed to their new teacher. Mr Kim bowed back, but not as deep as the two.

“Nice to meet you sir.” The two said in unison. Mr Kim returned the greeting warmly. He was pretty relieved to know they are quite fluent.

“Let me you to your class. Principal, if you excuse me.”


“What is your name again?” Mr Kim asked the taller boy beside him. He was very tall, maybe around 186 cm. Joohyun scratched his head, smiling awkwardly. “My name is Jung Joohyun, sir.”

“Your English name?”

Joohyun grimaced. “Christopher. Chris, for short.”

“Ah,” Mr Kim nodded. “It’s strange to meet someone with the same name as my sister. I was about to think you’re her, but your voice… Ah, what am I talking?”

Joohyun only nodded hesitantly. “D-do you mean Seo Joohyun?”

“How do you know?”

“Nicholas met her briefly at the States. He mentioned the same thing to me.” He said with a small grin. Nicholas tried to hide his smirk, but failed as Mr Kim looked at him with a smile.

“But I’m not even kidding, you’re the exact same copy of her.” Mr Kim said thoughtfully. “Ah, here we are!”


“My name is Stephen Jung Min-gyu, but please call me Stephen only.” Stephen introduced himself calmly, but didn’t forget to shoot dazzling smile to everyone in the class. The teacher, Mrs Go even faked a cough to hide her blushing face. She’s married, damnit!

“A-alright Mr Jung, please sit beside Miss Kwon.”

Stephen smirked as he saw the said Kwon was fanning herself. He steadily walked to his seat and made himself comfortable at his seat.

“’Sup?”

“I sat with Jung for almost two years and now I sat with another Jung,” Kwon grinned. “I’m Yuri, Kwon Yuri.” She extended her hand to him, to which he accepted with a smile. A normal smile, not a dazzling smile from before.

“Stephen.” He nodded. “So… are you taken?”

Yuri looked hesitated for a second before answering. “I’m sorry, but my heart is already taken.”

“Ah, it’s not like I’m trying to hit on you! Chill!” Stephen laughed at Yuri’s flaming cheeks. “But can I know who is your… er… taker?”

Yuri couldn’t help but to think that he’s mad, but she grinned anyways.

“The former Jung.”


Dunn dunnn!

Last chapter for the update streaks before exam! Wish me luck guys!