Cold-Hearted Superior [3]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“KWONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN YURRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIII!”

Yoona was so close to chopping off Yuri’s fingers one by one; Yuri had stuck cartoon-figure stickers all over her face and arms while she was in a deep sleep and the black pearl was nowhere to be found.

“How do you like your makeover, Miss Im?” Yuri shouted from downstairs, enjoying her breakfast with a smug expression on her face. 

Yuri and Yoona had been spending most of their time with each other, learning more about each other with every passing hour together. They were comfortable to the extent where hugs and pecks on the cheek were exchanged at random with no spoken words about their feelings. 

“Owwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!” Yuri whined loudly, scrambling out of the seat as she tried to grab hold of the person holding onto her ear with a strong grasp. “Makeover, huh?” Yoona pulled Yuri closer to her by her ear, grinning back at Yuri who had her signature stupid, little goofy grin a while ago. 

Yoona dragged the older girl into the living room with her, making sure that her ear was still being twisted as a lesson. She was getting more and more comfortable with Yuri and it was making her feel amazing. Yuri pouted at her boss and held onto Yoona's hand holding her ear, trying to make Yoona succumb to her cuteness. Unbelievably, she succeeded.

“I won't do a makeover for you anymore. I'm sorry, Yoona.” Yuri pouted and kissed Yoona's cheek before she lay her head on the younger girl's lap, snuggling her face into Yoona's stomach. 

Yoona in her stomach. She had put on a bit of weight in the few days that she had been staying with Yuri. Although the tanned girl didn't have all 3 meals a day, she made sure Yoona ate all 3 meals and even supper if possible. 

“Don't in your stomach. It's like lying on a washing board...” Yuri mumbled and brought her hand up, rubbing Yoona's stomach through her shirt. 

It was even more hilarious how Yoona was already as thin as a bamboo stick and yet, she was still self-conscious about her body. Yuri could feel the faint abdominal muscles when she snuggled into Yoona's waist. Bringing one of her hands down, Yoona ran her fingers through Yuri's hair and thought about how much this girl had changed her. 

1. Im Yoona never eats breakfast. 

2. No laughter or sadness in front of anyone. 

3. Low self-esteem.

There were just 3 of the things Yoona used to be. She skipped breakfast in order to be on time for work. She never showed any emotions or feelings in front of anyone in order to protect her heart. As much as low self-esteem was impossible, Yoona never had any confidence in anything order than her company. 

And yet, Kwon Yuri broke that unfortunate streak. 

“Yoona, may I give you a nickname?” Yuri asked out of the blue, taking Yoona's hand into hers. She loved playing with Yoona's fingers, enjoying the soft texture. 

“Why all of a sudden?”

“Nicknames are given when one close to a person and if we're not considered close, I want to be closer to you.”

Just that simple sentence was making Yoona feel warm all over and she couldn't help but let a few tears roll down, she was so touched by a small gesture. Yuri sat up and cupped Yoona's face, wiping away the tears that she hated seeing, “did I say something wrong? Why are you crying, Yoona?”

The doe-eyed girl maintained her silence and looked down, not wanting to say anything because she knew her voice would crack and she was going to sound horrible. Yuri rubbed Yoona's cheek with her thumbs, causing Yoona to look at her straight in the eyes. The tanned girl could feel her heart banging against her chest, as if wanting to come out. 

“You're the only one who ever tried to so hard to be friends with me.... I can't believe it...” Yoona was sobbing so adorably that Yuri wanted to squash her in her arms. 

Bringing Yoona into her arms, she made sure she comforted her as best as she could. Yoona didn't deserve to be treated like this, Yuri thought. “Yoona, listen to me. People don't go near you because they're afraid. Every morning, your face is as black as Mickey's and it scares people off. You don't smile or laugh. Okay, you have no emotion whatsoever.”

Yuri was blunt as hell and Yoona appreciated that, she didn't want any sugar-coated words. “I just don’t want to get hurt anymore....” Yoona sighed. Seohyun had served as a huge lesson to her and she didn't regret it one bit, except the fact that she trusted and loved the girl. 

Yuri bit her lip, not knowing if she should mention something she was really curious about. She had been wondering about this ever since the night she saved Yoona. “Is it because of Miss Seo?” Yuri murmured, not knowing if it was the right decision to mention the woman. Yoona turned to look at Yuri and sighed again, re-telling the story. 

 

Flashback. 

Yoona and Seohyun were studying in the same university, also aiming to get a job in the same company as interns. They had been best friends ever since they were in kindergarten; even their parents were good friends too. 

“Seohyun, Yoona asked you to go to the roof top. She said it was something important and to be done in private.” One of the freshmen approached the group of girls and Seohyun nodded, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter