Alcoholic [2]

Indestructible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To: Jessica

Sica, are you free today? You asked me if I was free yesterday, right? I happen to have a lab test today but I'll end around on 3.30pm. Do you want to meet me at Starbucks near our school? :)

From: Kwon Yuri

 

Yuri and Jessica have been spending more together these few days and Yuri's friends were overjoyed that their tanned friend was finally progressing with her crush. 

They had to admit that they were skeptical about Yuri's crush until they had seen everything on the rooftop. Well, Yoona and Hyoyeon happened to go because they wanted to cut classes when they saw Yuri lying on Jessica's lap. 

Jessica smiled at the text message she had received and couldn't help but let out a shy giggle. She had found out a lot about Yuri and she happened to be the first person Yuri has asked out. 

 

To: Kwon Yuri

Alright. Don’t be late, Kwon Yuri.

From: Jessica

 

Yuri was jumping on her bed, holding her phone closely to her chest. Her heart was ready to leap out of her heart and it was going to be rolling on the floor soon. 

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Tiffany banged on the tanned girl's door and came in, “Yuwree! Stop jumping on the bed! Sooyoung and TaeTae are taking a nap downstairs.” Yuri quickly stopped before sitting on her bed obediently.

Tiffany smiled warmly; she knew Yuri was head over heels for Jessica. Everyone could see it ever since the day she defended the blonde in front of the entire student body. 

Yuri pounced onto Tiffany and hugged her best friend tightly, “Fany, I have a date! After a thousand years!” Tiffany giggled and hugged the younger girl back, patting her head. 

To her, Yuri was like a lost puppy. She needed instructions and guidance or she would go down the wrong way. And thank goodness, Tiffany was there to guide her step by step. 

The one who made Yuri slightly more mature was Yoona. Yuri and Yoona clicked the moment they met and whenever Yoona was upset or angry, Yuri would bring her out and cheer her up in her own ways. 

If it wasn't for both Yoona and Tiffany, Yuri would have gone down the wrong path in high school. Her brother, Hyukjun was part of a gang and he was also a loan shark. He got involved with drugs and alcohol. If it wasn't for Yoona crying in another room and Tiffany looking for her, Yuri would have probably be addicted to glue-sniffing from Hyukjun. 

 

Flashback. 

Yuri, Tiffany and Yoona were in their first year of high school. There was a school project and it required the class to be paired up. But because it was an odd number, they quickly snapped up the only group with 3. 

“Yul, come here. Oppa wants you try something.”

Thinking it was nothing, Yoona and Tiffany continued doing their individual tasks in Yuri's room while the tanned girl went to her beloved brother's room. Yuri was unaware of the things Hyukjun had been doing in the dark. It was very secretive and no one, not even his best friend Doojoon, knew about it. 

The two siblings had been very close ever since they were little. Hyukjun spoiled his younger sister to no end while Yuri was always defending her brother when he got into trouble. They were known as the two troublemakers after they had grown up, playing pranks on almost everyone in the neighbourhood. 

“Oppa, what is it?” Yuri walked in, on a coca-cola flavoured lollipop. 

“Y-Yuri, what does this look like to y-you?” Hyukjun slurred, his hand holding a plastic bag containing some yellow substance in it. 

The tanned girl just stared at her brother with a confused expression, he was sniffling that plastic bag filled with some unknown substance in it. “I don't know. What is it, Oppa? It looks like the paint that we put in the attic the other day.” Yuri followed Hyukjun's gestures and walked closer towards him. 

Hyukjun pulled Yuri to sit beside him before holding it up to her nose, “It's nice. The smell is good too.” Yuri was just about to take it when a loud cry erupted from her room.

The door banged open, revealing Tiffany behind it.

“Yuri! Yoona triped over the wire and hit her head against your study table!”

And with that one simple sentence, Yuri ran out with Tiffany, forgetting about the bag of superglue lying next to her brother. 

Flashback End. 

 

Till this very day, Yuri's brother is still in the rehabilitation centre trying to get rid of his addiction. What made the Kwon family more proud was the fact that he had asked Mrs Kwon to send him there. He didn't want to ruin his life when he had more than half of it to go. 

Tiffany poked Yuri’s red face, “Well, I'm glad you finally asked her out. It's about time, isn't it? You've been admiring her almost a year.” Yuri pouted and buried her face deeper into Tiffany’s neck.

Tiffany was like her mother in many ways, always giving her advice and warm hugs that give off the motherly aura.

In that simple hug, Tiffany knew what Yuri was trying to say. 

She was thankful. 

 

-

 

To: Kwon Yuri

Where are you, Yul? I'm on my way now. Don't run away or I'll strangle you.

From: Jessica

 

Yuri looked at her phone and smiled, she was walking out of the school gates. She had rushed through her lab tests and completed it first among her other biology classmates. She didn't care whether she passed the examination, she had already aced the main paper and her grade was more or less settled. 

To: Jessica

I'm on my way, Sica. Hold on.

From: Kwon Yuri

 

She slung her bag across and quickly ran towards the Starbucks nearby. She was excited. She was feeling exhilarated. She was going on a date with her crush of almost a year. 

Yuri was at the entrance and she could see a blonde sitting alone with a pout. Her blonde hair was something that made her stand out against the crowd and Yuri loved how she could spot Jessica from afar without anyone knowing.

“Sica, I'm sorry. Did I make it in time?” Yuri asked, panting slightly to act like she had been running for awhile. It would have been embarrassing if she knew that Yuri had been early and was standing outside admiring her. “Yes, you did. You came pretty early too.” Jessica teased and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter