I'm Sorry

Not Twelve, Not Two, But One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was walking down the corridor of the Entertainment building heading toward the CEO’s office. I knew what was waiting for me even though I held my head high I knew I wasn’t going to be safe. Even with Jinyoung by my side I knew he wouldn’t be able to protect me from the expected pain I was going to receive. We both walked into the CEO’s office and sure enough once I was inside the office someone grabbed my wrist roughly before Jinyoung could even react in time.

“You raised suspicion and now you’re going to face the consequences.” Xing said to me in a bitter tone as the CEO looked at me amused by my unreadable expression. Jinyoung walked over to me while glaring at Xing.

“Get your filthy hands off of her!” Jinyoung yelled at him as Xing only smirked at him.

“Now. Now Jinyoung. I gave Xing full permission to do as he pleases since Minah failed to do her part.” The CEO explained to Jinyoung who seemed to hesitate as he was unable to defy his father. Xing tightened his grip around my grip and I yelled in pain. Jinyoung clenched his fists and moved toward me and Xing.

“Let her go.” Jinyoung said in a dark and threatening voice that sent chills down my spine. I looked over at him but he was only focused on Xing. He glared at the latter in a deadly glare. Xing noticing Jinyoung’s glare loosened his grip on my wrist.

“This is interesting.” The CEO said more to himself than to anyone else. I looked at him and frowned. How could he possibly think this was interesting? His son looked like he was going to commit murder. Then I realized the reason he was saying what he did. He was enjoying his son’s actions and words. He was enjoying seeing his own son look more and more like him. And I was his trigger.

“Jinyoung stop. Your dad is doing this on purpose. He nor Xing will hurt me. They’re just trying to-” The CEO hummed in annoyance and Xing tightened his grip on my already bruised wrist. I yelped in agony as I closed one of my eyes in hopes it would nullify the pain which it didn’t.

 Jinyoung’s face darkened and he made his way to Xing and punched him in his left cheek. Xing let go of my wrist and fell on the floor. Jinyoung got on top of Xing and began to punch him in the face repeatedly. I stood there holding onto my wrist that was pounding with pain. I heard the CEO laughing at the situation and I faced him.

“Never in my life have I ever been more proud of my son than right now.” The CEO laughed wholeheartedly and I frowned in disgust. How can he possibly laugh in a situation like this? I made my way to Jinyoung who was still beating Xing furiously. I grabbed onto his hand and tried to yank him off of Xing.

“Jinyoung stop. This is what your father wants. Don’t give in to him.” I said to him as I tried to pull him away. Jinyoung shrugged me off and I stumbled backwards a bit. I became anxious when I saw Xing bleeding all over the floor. I grabbed onto Jinyoung’s arm tighter and pulled harder to rip him off of Xing.

“Jinyoung stop!” I yelled as I continued to pull and Jinyoung pushed me away. His push made me stumble backwards and fall harshly on the floor. As I fell I stumbled into the chairs provided for quests and hit my bruised wrist on the edge of the chair. I yelped once again as I laid there in pain all throughout my body.

“Jessica!” Jinyoung yelled as he got off of Xing and made his way toward me. His expression softened as he looked at me and helped me up. My whole body ached and my wrist felt as if it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter