One at a time.

Story about us

 

Sunny's POV 

 

I was just lying awake in bed. I couldn’t move. There is something missing today Somehow I miss Taeyeon. Her presence is still a lot different with Jessica. Jessica is just fun to be with but you’d always look for someone to take care of you and Jessi won’t get an A plus from me. She just loves to party a lot and I’m really not that type of person who goes out every night. I am now wondering why I left her in the first place. It’s been two weeks since I last Taeyeon. I always wondered where and how is she. Someone told me that she was living with Sooyoung.

I called my bestfriend Sooyoung and started to harass her on where Taeyeon is because I know that she will never be able to lie to me properly.

 

“Hello Sooyoung-ssi!”

 

“Uhhm.. HEY! SUNNY! Ha..ha.. Why are you calling?”

 

“I wanna ask you something..”

 

“HA..HA! WHAT IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU BE ASKING?? HA..HA!!”

 

“Calm down Soo. I know Taeyeon is living with you”

 

“… *door closes* YAH! HOW’D DID YOU KNOW?”

 

“I have my ways. Is she sleeping?”

 

“Yup. She has been sick for 4 days now. I think flu got her because she has been working nonstop at the bar and her boss even called me to tell her not to go to work but she insisted and then BAM! FLU!”

 

“WHAT? SHE’S SICK?”

 

I suddenly remembered when Taeyeon took care of me at the hospital. She was there for me. I felt regret in the words I told her the last time we saw each other.

 

“Sooyoung, I’m going over there”

 

“BUT TAEYEON’S GOING TO KILL ME IF YOU KNEW WHERE SHE WAS!”

 

“Yeah she will, but she has to get better first right?”

 

I was already preparing the food for Taeyeon when my phone was suddenly vibrating. It was Jessica calling.

 

“Sunny-ah! Wanna go out today?”

 

“Nope. I can’t. I’m going to visit Taeyeon today”

 

“…”

 

“Okay? So have fun with your friends tonight”

 

“Sunny, why all of the sudden? Do you want her back? Are you going back to her? TELL ME!”

 

“HEY! WHAT’S UP? WE ARE NOT TOGETHER. Okay? So I think that I have my right to do what I want to do. I just don’t want to party every time the moon is up and I told you that I wanted to be alone with no serious relationships. When I defended you from Taeyeon, it doesn’t mean that YOU and I are back. I wanna see how things go and for two weeks we did nothing but party and drink”

 

“But I thought that you wanted to make things right?”

 

“You said you wanted things to be right, I am only choosing what’s right but now I think Taeyeon needs me and I want to apologize because I was never able too”

 

I put the phone down and set it on airplane mode. I know she would call me nonstop but right now my concern is to take care of Taeyeon. I packed up and drove to Sooyoung’s apartment. As I arrived Sooyoung opened the door and I saw that she was about to leave for work.

 

“Sunny, I have to go now! Hey.. No funny business.. OKAY?”

 

“What? Who said there was going to be?”

 

I closed the door as I said goodbye to Sooyoung. I saw Taeyeon lying down on the long couch and had a really thick comforter until her neck. I started checking her temperature and put my hand on her forehead. She was was really warm and I took of my jacket and placed it on top of her blanket.  

 

Taeyeon’s POV

I felt a hand touch my forehead. I didn’t bother to look up because I knew it was Sooyoung checking up on me then I felt Sooyoung put something on top of my blanket but it was strange because the smell was familiar. I couldn’t get up and move at all because my body was really weak to handle the flu and I realized that it was Sunny’s smell.

I opened my eyes and groaned because my body hurts as I move carefully.  I saw Sunny in the kitchen. She was bringing out food from a bag.

 

“Yah…”

 

I said in such a weak voice. Sunny looked at me and pushed me to lie down. I looked at Sunny and she smiled. She gave me that lip curl. I dozed off and soon after she was waking me up.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, You should eat so I can give you medicine”

 

She put her hands around my waist and put my arm on her shoulders but I didn’t want her doing that to me so I tried standing up on my own and I stumbled.

 

“Taeyeon. Don’t be such a brat. I’m going to help you. You need to walk a bit so your muscles could be stretched.”

 

I couldn’t argue with her because I did need help and unfortunately she was the only one there to help.  She started feeding me with warm kimchi fried rice. It was the delicious version that Sunny always made when we were together. I was almost full when I pushed the spoon away and looked at her.

 

“Why are you here? I can do it by myself”

 

“ You need me. You just can’t admit it so I did the honor of going here by myself”

 

“How did you know I was here?”

 

“I have my ways”

 

I smiled because I knew that whenever Sunny tried harassing Sooyoung for the truth, Soo would always laugh awkwardly.

 

“Why are you smiling Taeyeon?”

 

“Because I know those ways you were bragging about.”

 

We both laughed then she suddenly touched my cheeks.

 

“Please feel better Taeyeon”

 

`I think I am now Sunny that you’re here` “Don’t worry. It’s just a flu”

 

I couldn’t be real with Sunny right now because I could still remember the day when Sunny was drunk and shouting at me but when I saw here. I felt so happy. I took her hand and placed it on her lap. She then stood up and brought the blanket over and wrapped me around It.

 

“Now how will I eat now?”

 

“I’ve been feeding you since you sat down Taeyeon-ah and I know you’re cold.” She laughed

 

She gave me medicine and helped me drink the water. I wondered why Sunny was here. We haven’t seen each other for over two weeks and the last conversation we had was when I was talking to that producer guy.

 

“Why?”

 

“Why what Taeyeon?”

 

“Why are you here?”

 

She smiled “I wanted to take care of you. I know it’s all so sudden but I owe you a lot for being there for me when I was in the hospital because I know even though I don’t remember how you treated me, I believe that you never left me alone”

 

I felt my heart soften. I looked at Sunny. She looked and felt different.

 

“Where is Jessica? Aren’t you two together?”

 

“As real as it may seem Taeyeon but we are not together right now. I know that the last time we fought was because of her but I never said I was going back with her. Wait..”

 

She suddenly carried me bridal style to the bedroom so I could lie down then she continued her story. I was shocked to hear that they never got back together.

 

“That night when you were fighting? I asked her if we could work things out as friends first because everything was just going too fast for me that time and she did but Jessica was just breaking the rules everytime. She wanted to follow wherever I went. It was cute when you’re always together but somehow you would look for those sweet alone times together but all what Jessi wanted to do was party till’ we drop.”

 

“So that’s your reason for not going back to her? Because she partied a lot?”

 

“No, That is her personality. My reason is she was never you. I couldn’t feel the things I wanted to feel and one morning I realized it was only you who could give it Taeyeon”

 

I got teary eyed when she told me that. Sunny was regretting the things she had done and I never realized that she would remember how to give back. That Sunny who cursed and shouted at me kept flashing at my head.

 

“..but enough of that Taeyeon-ah. I brought board games with in case you didn’t want to sleep or if you’re not tired”

 

Sunny’s POV

 

I was going when Taeyeon told me to go back in. She pulled me in the bed and put my arms over her. She gave me the remote.

 

“Watch TV. I’m going to sleep for a while and don’t get out of bed until I wake up”

 

She snuggled in my arm and now I can feel her breathing on my neck. I was trying to restrain myself because she was sick and so I the tv and started watching Love Rain.

 

“Sunny?... I’m not dreaming anymore right?”

 

I looked at her and Taeyeon snoozed off. I kissed her forehead.

 

“Yup. You wanna know why I know that it’s not a dream?”

 

Taeyeon looked at me with sleepy eyes.

 

“Because I know I’m not dreaming anymore too”

 

Taeyeon smiled. 

 

------------------------------

 

 

Sorry for the late update! I was busy preparing for our Soonkyu's birthday and also my girlfriend's birthday :) YIPEE!! :DD