Chapter 2

Where Your Heart Meets Mine

 

“Please fasten your seatbelts. We are now landing at Incheon International Airport.” 

 

The pilot announced through the intercom. 


 

The lady holding her wine glass smiles as she looks out the window. She thinks, ‘Ah, it’s good to be back. Can’t wait to see and surprise my baby sis!’ 

 

Cold breeze gushes through the plane door as the cabin crew opens it for the passengers who boarded the plane. And yet somehow, the woman with brunette-colored hair emits a chilling atmosphere from her seat. She’s glaring at the passengers who are hurrying to alight the plane, and thinks to herself, ‘What’s with the rush? We’ll all reach our destinations anyway, what’s the point of running towards the door?’ 

 

After retrieving her luggages at the baggage claim, the elegant young woman looks around the vast airport and finds herself smiling at the thought of being back home. 


 

At the arrival area, their family driver greets her as soon as she arrives. “Welcome back, Ms. Jung! How was the flight, Ma’am?” 

 

The young lady bows at their longtime family driver, and says “Thank you, Mr. Kang. It was a smooth flight, it did not seem like a long trip. How have you been? And instead of Ms. Jung, please call me Jessica, Mr. Kang.” To which Mr. Kang smiles and responds, “I have been well, Ms. Jung. I mean, Ms. Jessica. Thank you for asking.” 

 

Mr. Kang proceeds to open the door for the young lady and assists her to sit in the backseat. Right after that, the family driver loads the young lady’s luggages and some of her bags in the trunk. 

 

“All done, Ma’am. Now, where to, Ms. Jessica?”



 

“To the flagship store, Mr. Kang,” says the elegant young woman.


 

On their way, Jessica reminisces about the time when she had an idea of a business venture in the fashion industry for the first time. Jung Enterprise has been a household name in the corporate world, but Jessica wanted to create something that she could call her own. 

She remembers how foreign everything felt, especially when she initially told her younger sister about it. A loyal and supportive woman that she is, her baby sister comforted Jessica and vowed to be present every step of the way. 

 

She and her sister have adequate knowledge about running a business, thanks to their firsthand experience in the Jung Enterprise. But still, drafting a business from the ground up is another story. And to Jessica’s surprise, her younger sister volunteered to assist her in the artistic dimensions of business planning. 


 

She recalls how her sister came up with her decision, “Unnie! I just thought of something. Since you like fashion and I like arts. Why not fuse them together?” Jessica glances at her baby sis, “What do you mean?” 

 

Her sister continues, “what if… I tell you that I’d be more than happy to become your Artistic Director for the business. Imagine us, sisters, working together, sounds great, right?!” Her younger sister grins at her older sister, awaiting her sister’s reaction to her eureka moment. 

 

And then, Jessica looks at her sister with bright smiles, and says, “That’s brilliant! And it will become our business together, we can be business partners!” 


 

Remembering all of this, Jessica smiles at how determined her younger sister was to help her that time, especially at the beginning. Being the founder and president of the Blanc Group, it puts Jessica at ease to know that her younger sister is also her business partner. All of the workload she had to oversee, monitor, and attend to was lessened because her baby sister carried some of the load. 

 

Committed to becoming successful together, Jessica and her younger sister took on further studies abroad to improve their business know-how. Jessica has gone on ahead to take up the Master of Business Administration program in the Harvard Business School. Her younger sister, on the other hand, had to finish college first before she applied for the Graduate Diploma Fashion Management program in the London College of Fashion, University of the Arts London (UAL).  

 

And after graduating, Jessica and her sister went on to apply all they have learned into what is soon to become the renowned ‘Blanc Group’. 


 

They have succeeded in doing so, because within the span of eight years the business expanded all over the world. The first branch is the flagship store in Seoul, South Korea. There are now branches in Japan, Singapore, Canada, England, United States, France and in Italy. In fact in China alone, there are branches in the cities of Beijing, Xiamen, Hefei, Shanghai, and Sanya. They managed to put up branches in Europe because of her younger sister. 


 

The way Jessica sees it, she owes parts of her strength and resilience to her younger sister. Without her and her unwavering support, none of this would have happened. That’s why she always looks forward to visiting her sister the moment she comes back home to South Korea. They are each other’s pillar of support, they share the high points and low points of life with each other, as any sister would. 


 

Jessica vowed to herself that she’d take care of her baby sis no matter what. 


 

So when she heard the news that her sister’s boyfriend of two and a half years broke up with her, Jessica was enraged. Since she knows her younger sister well, she is the kind of partner that makes sure to give her all so that she will not have any regrets in the end.

 

Unfortunately, Jessica also discovered the boyfriend’s reason for breaking up with her sister. She recalls how her sister shared with her the information, “Unnie, he told me, I don’t spend much time with him anymore. Apparently, he wants me to be beside him 24/7. I tried my best, but how could I? Blanc Group is important to me. I can’t be with someone who couldn’t see the value of what I was working for,” she sighed. 

 

Jessica thought to herself at the time, what a pathetic excuse for a man! He should’ve gotten a dog instead if the companion he was looking for doesn’t mind being around for 24/7. 

 

Jessica reassured her sister, “You will be stronger, baby sis. It’s alright, it just means he was never meant for you in the first place.” While comforting her younger sister, Jessica thought to herself, ‘From now on, whoever wishes to date my baby sis must go through me first. They must earn my approval first.’ 



 

Feeling annoyed at the thought of that man again, Jessica rolls her eyes while staring out the car windo—

 

“We have arrived, Ms. Jung.”  

 

Her irritation was cut short when Mr. Kang announced they arrived at the flagship store of Blanc and Eclare in Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea.

 

“Oh, we’re here? That’s fast.” What seemed to be a long drive was actually a short one. Once again, Mr. Kang steps out of the driver’s side of the car and proceeds to assist Jessica. 


 

As Jessica slowly put her one foot on the pavement, an icy-cold voice welcomed her. 

 

“What’s the point of having smartphones if we’re not going to use them for communication then?” Huh? 

 

“You really thought you could surprise me, eh?” 


 

Jessica brings her chin up and shoots glaciers at the eyes of the source of the voice. A taller young lady with brunette-colored hair but a darker shade of brown crosses her arms and smirks at her. 



 

It’s none other than her baby sister… 

 

“Why, hello to you, too, Soojung! Have the greetings gone downhill around here since I’ve been away?”

 

Soojung smiles and playfully sticks out her tongue, feeling satisfied with her own antics, “Hello, Jessica!” Then warmly hugs her older sister. 






“Yah! It’s Jessica ‘unnie’ for you, young lady!” ‘This little brat… aish!’


Hello~ Chapter 2 is up! 

Thanks for subscribing to the story, I really appreciate it. Although I'd love to hear your thoughts about the first two chapters. If you have spare time, let me know what you think haha... Btw, it's almost new year. Always stay safe, ok?

Hope you'll enjoy reading this second chapter. I'm trying out a new thing (if it can be considered as a new thing though haha) YulSic introducing our characters WHILE introducing themselves in the process. Quite interesting, don't you think? 

Chapter 3 will be up soon. Are you ready?