Ami?

Torn In Two Because Of You
Please log in to read the full chapter

1943,

96 avenue Victor Hugo,Paris

France

Matteo

 

"How has Renada been of late,Matteo?" Asked Coralie,who took out two fresh croissants and placed them on a plate for me.

"She recently started watercolouring again."I recalled, thinking of Renada sitting at the balcony,her canvas splattered with pastel colours.

I tried countless times to ask her about her sister,but every time I started a sentence, she'd look away to continue painting.it was as if she did not want to talk to me,but I didn't know the reason.

But then the thought of my letter I had written to Leo resurfaced once more.

 a feeling of loneliness resided in me.

The same feeling I've had for many months now.

'' Are you alright, Matteo?'' Asked Coralie.

I snapped out of my thoughts and soon I was brought back to the little Boulangerie down the street with only me and Coralie inside.

'' Me? Ach ,ja. Just zoned out.''

''ah, je vois. Le rêveur, n'est-ce pas ?''

'' Je suppose que oui,'' I replied meekly.

''your French has improved by leaps and bounds. Renada must be proud,'' smiled Coralie as she wiped her hands on her apron.

'' About Renada,'' I started.''Did she have any siblings by any chance?''

Coralie paused to think for a moment, chewing her cheek, deep in thought.

''oh oui ! I remember! Her sister sophie.'' exclaimed Coralie, snapping her fingers.

I like

Please log in to read the full chapter