Chapter 51 (PA)

Pursuing Affection

"I'm in love with you..."


 

Tiffany has wide eyes and speechless for several minutes after Taeyeon said those words. She frozed on her seat, her face suddenly blushed but she quickly moved her hands away and holds it with her other hand while she can still feel the warm that Taeyeon imprinted on her fingertips.

 

"I....ah...is that a joke?!" Tiffany awkwardly said it and have the courage to speak again but she's looking far away,  far from Taeyeon's charming eyes. Taeyeon sighed and hold her hand that touched Tiffany's hands earlier.

 

"Hmm I know you'll be surprised about that..." She looked down on her hands. "As I said in the past, I've known since high school that you have feelings for me and it earns me a slap...." She scratched her cheeks ".....maybe I already courted you but I just hid my feelings for you. I still have a hard situation about my life that time, so that's why I just hid it and protected you...."

 

"How did you know that...." Tiffany shyly stops. "...that I have feelings for you in highschool?" she continues.



 

"Ehh everybody knows just from your act-"



 

"Wait?! Stop okay I know that... that's not my question actually. Why I didn't know you have feelings for me?? You're just so nonchalant brat that I know. You didn't even ask me about the prom, you didn't even ask me who my crush is, you-..." Tiffany suddenly talked some other topics.

 

"Okay fine..." Taeyeons interrupted her. Tiffany really wants to get mad again at Taeyeon right now. After knowing in the past that Taeyeon knows she have feeling for her that broke her up and now knowing Taeyeon also have feeling for her without her knowing she feels so dumb, they just wasted several years.

 

"I ah...first I'm sorry. Again, it's because of my situation and I don't know what to do if something bad happens to you....." Taeyeon facing at her right now while explaining. "....I know the chances are zero now knowing you have a kid and we already moved on with our lives and we will became friends again....but Tiffany I've been trying to express and say it to you since highschool and maybe now's the chance to reveal it...."


 

"Not really a great time to say that....."Tiffany stared at her. ".....and you're too very late Taeyeon" Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows and closed her eyes then breath deeply.

 

"I know Tiffany, being friends with you is all I can do.......and it's been several years to hide that, I really just want to say it to you....." Taeyeon reasoned out again and whispered the last sentences.

 

"Can I ask something?" Tiffany asked and looked at her back again. Taeyeon nods. Tiffany tried to find something in her eyes.

 

"Do you still have the love you felt like how you loved me since highschool?" Taeyeon blinks and she look down.


 

"Yes....but I respect you. I'll make sure that I will not break the boundaries of our friendship for the sake of you and Tristan..." Taeyeon honestly declared.


 

"Are you sure about that? It seems it will very difficult..." Tiffany doubted.


 

"How about you? Are you still in love with me Tiffany?" Taeyeon asked her back not answering Tiffany's question. 


 

"I'm old now Taeyeon, as I said I don't have time for love now. I just focused myself on the company and Tristan....and I'll save my heart now. I don't want to be hurt again......" Tiffany honestly replied too. 

 

Those statements made Taeyeon questioned her existence. She already prepared about this, knowing the future will be different because of her family's situation. She's expecting about this, but in reality it just really hurts that the one she's been chasing for several years ended with this. She laugh a little. 



 

'Not now...'



 

"Honestly, I'm expecting this Fany....." Taeyeon whispered and starts to mention Tiffany's nickname that she likes. Tiffany blushed again on what she'd heard. Suddenly, Taeyeon moves a little closer and placed her hand gently on top of Tiffany's hand. Tiffany's hand just stood still on the bench but it feels so warm now, she didn't even move it away, instead it likes Taeyeon's hand on hers. She was caught off guard again. Both of them locked eyes and silence is in the garden as for a moment as if they can only hear the beats and breath between them in the starry night. 


 

"You didn't said it...as long as you still have alittle bit of feelings there.....for me. I'll court you...." Taeyeon sincerely whispered and look her in the eyes to convey that she's serious right now. Tiffany was speechless again, her breathing is too fast, not just her breathing but also her heart is beating fast. 'You just said you want to be just friends...'



 

"Tae-"





 

"Mom?" Tristan suddenly appeared at the side of the garden calling his Mom. Both of them quickly moved away and just looked around as if nothing happens.


 

"I'm here Tantan...." Tiffany waved her hands. Tristan saw her and runs towards them wearing his pajamas.


 

"Mommy I'm sleepy...." Tristan clings to his Mom.


 

"Well....I'll just end the talk with your friend Taetae.." Tiffany mention Taeyeon's nickname while looking at her. "...then we'll go to bed." Taeyeon shrugs with the nickname.

 

"Taetae you should just sleep here..." Tristan cutely requested. Taeyeon was surprised.


 

"Uhmm It's okay Tantan I'm going home for now..." Taeyeon gestured her thumb towards the back as if her car was there.

 

"Ehh Mommyy.....let Taetae stay here pleaseee.." Tristan trying to convince his Mom again. Tiffany look back again at Taeyeon trying to say something.

 

"Uhm baby your friend here needs to go home now she still have some errands to do...." Tiffany explains it clearly. She don't want Taeyeon to cancel her errands later.

 

"Tantan..." Taeyeon called Tristan and holds his head. "If it's going to be alright with your Mom..I'll stay here.."


 

"Mommy pweassee..." Tantan holds Tiffany's hand. Tiffany just sighed.


 

"Okay fine it's two versus one...I'm gonna prepare a bed for your friend okay?..." 


 

"Yeyyy!!" Tristan keeps on jumping feeling happy while Taeyeon giggles at Tristan's reaction and she looked back again to Tiffany and they locked eyes again.

 

"Can you share more about cars Taetae  on my bed before sleeping??" 


 

"What?"

 

=========================÷÷=============

 

Tristan fall asleep at Taeyeon arms after talking about cars while still sitting on Tristan's bed. She slowly holds his small arms and tucked him slowly on his blanket. Tiffany was watching every move in the door leaning, Taeyeon didn't know that she was there when Tristan fighting his eyes getting sleepy, she likes watching both of them talking about their same hobbies. 'It feels so warming....'

 

"Good Night Tantan...." Taeyeon whispered, then she slowly getting out of the bed, trying to silently walk in the carpet she was shocked when Tiffany watching her.

 

"Geez you scared the hell out of me...." Taeyeon whispered again. Tiffany just giggled silently. After getting out of Tristan's room. Tiffany guides Taeyeon to her temporary bedroom.

 

"So here's your bed for now..." Tiffany opens the door. Taeyeon slowly walks inside. She looks around the room while Tiffany still watching on what she was doing. Taeyeon stops and looked at her leaning on the door with crossed arms on her chest.

 

"Thanks for this...." Taeyeon smiled and breath deeply. "So ....still no comment on what I said earlier?" She slowly walk towards Tiffany and stop just 1 meter away from her. However, Tiffany wasn't bothered about it. She just locked eyes intensely with Tayeon again. She's silent for a moment from and both of them just smiled.

 

"Well...Tae.." Tiffany finally speaks again. She looked down shyly. "......I'll just think of it more"

 

"Hmm expect to see me more these days Ms. Hwang..." Taeyeon smirk and suddenly winks. Tiffany caught off guard on Taeyeon's action she replied it with a weird face and rolled her eyes before leaving. Taeyeon just smiling handsomely. While Tiffany quickly leaving hiding her blushing face. 'Aiisshh you're not a teenage girl anymore....'


 

"Night Kim!"