Chapter 40 (PA)

Pursuing Affection

"Why not Nick?" 

 

Nickhun just shake his head with that question. He's stupid for asking that. He can't change Tiffany's mind. He promised 7 yrs ago to never disappoint her but in the midst of years after wedding Tiffany always giving him cold shoulders. Despite Tiffany already mentioned she will learn to love him, that's bull. If Taeyeon didn't came back those past years maybe Tiffany will not be like this. He really blamed Taeyeon. When Taeyeon was away from states after highschool, they were a lovely couple ready for marriage but yeah that Taeyeon ruined it all. Finally, after 7 years she didn't came back but Nickhun also felt that Tiffany was too far away from him now.

 

"Why not Nick?!" Tiffany's loud voice cut his trance.

 

"Chill, I'm still not gonna sign those papers ..." Nickhun concluded. Tiffany quickly grab an envelope on her drawer and give it harshly to Nickhun.

 

"...Nick you still didn't understand.. that we're already not working for 7 years!!" Tiffany shouted angrily. Nickhun just holds the envelope with furrowed eyebrows looking at the mad Tiffany.

 

"....It's your fault...." Nickhun whispered but his jaws suddenly hardened. "... It's all your fault Love..." He whispered madly while looking at her with big mad eyes.

 

"I'm just doing my own work being a housewife..." Tiffany replied angrily.

 

"....but you didn't love me...." Nickhun replied.

 

"I'm trying but you ruined it all...!" Tiffany hits Nickhun's broad chest with her both hands but Nickhun quickly holds her wrist.

 

"...stop this..."

 

".....you ing cheated...on me!! ..." Tiffany weakly wiggle her hands trying to free on Nickhun's big hands that keeps on holding her wrist tightly. Nickhun quickly drops Tiffany's wrist and quickly motions to lift his big hands to hit her. 

 

KNOCK....

 

Suddenly, someone knocks on the door that stops the action of Nickhun. It suddenly opens and Yuri suddenly came out of nowhere looking at the fighting couple. Tiffany was still hiding on her arms ready ro defend herself. While Nickhun already standing firmly like nothing happens. Yuri look at Nickhun madly. She knows now what happen just from that action. Tiffany slowly lower her guard and looked at her.

 

"Tristan's here...." Yuri whispered. Tiffany quickly rubbed her teary eyes to avoid confusion and fix her self. Suddenly the kid rins inside the office.

 

"Mommyyy!!!" The kid runs to Tiffany fast and hug her. Tiffany quickly kneeled and hug the kid.

 

"So how's school baby?" Tiffany smiled sincerely while asking.

 

"We draw some Pandas Mommy...did you know .." the boy keeps on talking. Nickhun just standing at the side looking at the two of them. 'at least we have you'

 

"Dad?...." Nickhun also kneeled and holds Tristan's shoulders.

 

"Yes baby?.."

 

"Are you coming home tonight?" Nickhun sighed deeply and shakes his head.

 

"Sorry baby, daddy will have another meeting...."

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes. She knows where's Nickhun's location tonight. She then looked at the person who opens the door earlier. She smiled and went towards her.

 

"Welcome back Yuri... thanks for picking up Tantan" 

 

"No probs Tiff..." Yuri then whispered on Tiffany closely. "....did he hurt you?" 

 

Tiffany replied while shaking her head. They looked at the father and son. Then Nickhun stands to end the night. He walk towards Tiffany but Yuri slowly forward herself to be faced by him.

 

"This is not really a good night Nick...." Nick just looked at her and smiled.

 

"I know...." He just turn to the right and avoided Tiffany. He lift up the envelope.

 

"Still not gonna do this...even if you signed it....Bye baby!" He waves his hand to his son. While Tristan just innocently waved his hand back and goes back on his toy truck.

 

"You should've told Uncle Hwang about this...." Yuri said with concern.

 

"I can't Yuri....Horvejkul holds the half of the company as the Hwangs holds half of their company too....that's too complicated if my family knows about this." Tiffany seated and holds her head.

 

"Tiff....your father knows how to handle it...Talk to him." Yuri tried to convince her again.


 

"I need some time Yuri......I really just can't said it to him directly...the Hwang-Horvejkul has an on going corporate project outside the country and that's a big company...." Tiffany looked at Yuri.

 

"Oh no....when did it started?"

 

"A year ago when you're out of the country...."

 

"....but Tiff you're your Father's greatest gold. He'll find a way even if it affects the company." Yuri trying to convince her again.


 

"I don't know Yuri.....hope so." Tiffany just sighed and leave the issue for now. Yuri just shake her head. She's not sure of Mr. Hwang too for now. 

 

"Mommy why does daddy always not home?" Tristan cutely asked while holding his toy truck.

 

"Hm because he's always working for the company...." Tiffany explains while caressing Tristan's hair.

 

"Hm hopefully we'll meet again and play toy trucks...he always promised that" he cutely explained.

 

Yuri sincerely looked at the mother and child. She's really proud of her friend Tiffany for having a strong foundation despite their current problem.

 

=============================================

 

Hyoyeon is currently djing at a club. While she's closing the music she passed it to her co-dj cause she still have an important matter to attend. While going out of the club she sees someone, too familiar. Hyoyeon follows, then there same girl again for tonight. She quickly type on her phone to report it. After going out of the club quickly, she opened her car and her friend surprised her.

 

"Hi DJ Hyo!! On the club!" She jokingly actioned.

 

"Aiiishhh Sunny what are you doing here?? " Hyoyeon just scratch her head.

 

"Just want to meet you...I'm bored at my hideout" she complained.

 

"Or maybe you're on the run again?" Hyoyeon jokingly concluded.

 

"Nah...I'm the good girl now. I'm currently working at the police HQ but still I prefer my hideout...."

 

"Hm Wow! You changed for good...it's a miracle that you didn't work for the baddies now!" Hyoyeon clapped.

 

"Aiish plastic hyo....So going home?"

 

"Nah, we have a party today with my friends..."

 

"Awww okay I'm just gonna wait at your apartment..." Sunny opened the car but Hyoyeon quickly holds her arms.

 

"Just join us....you should meet other people you know...socializing...."

 

"Aiiiishhh okay plastic Hyo ...you better not leave me alone there..." Sunny went back inside the car.

 

"Nah... they're good friends ....."


 

=============================================

 

Yuri keeps on punching the pillow on Tiffany's couch while Jessica kerps on stopping her. Sooyoung just looked at her and also mad. Tiffany just looked at the both of them why they're acting like that. She's already immuned of Nickhun going out with that girl. They really always mad when Hyoyeon always sends a pic of Nick with the girl it's about the third time.

 

"Tiff please just let this jerk feel Uncle's wrath..."Sooyoung pleaded.

 

"Is he out of his mind??...." Yuri complained.

 

"Chill Yuri....Tiff we can tell Uncle about this but it's better to be you. We don't want anyone to talk about this with Uncle except you...." Jessica holds her hand.

 

"I will Jessie. It's just that I'm scared of the company. I still didn't know the Horvejkul's. They're really a big threat....I didn't know what my dad seen about them."

 

"I feel you ..that happen to me...but yeah Tae --" Jessica tried to finish her word but Hyoyeon suddenly came out of nowhere.

 

"Hi Guys!!!" Hyoyeon holding some beer and pizza.

 

"You know Hyo you're always a big help .." Yuri quickly drag the beer on her hands and suddenly stops when she sees someone at the back of Hyoyeon.

 

"Uhm who is she...." Yuri whispered. While the three at couch also stops and looked at Hyo and Sunny.

 

"Hi everyone I'm Sunny, Hyo's bestfriend...." Sunny smiled like a kid while waving her hand at them.

 

After a while they talk and know Sunny more and tried to ask everyone's life.

 

"Where are you working Sunny?" Sooyoung ask while munching the pepperoni.

 

"I'm working at the Police HQ in the city...." Sinny replied cheerfully. Sooyoung suddenly choked on what she heard.

 

"You're a police officer???!" Yuri shouted.

 

"She's not.. She's too small to be a police.." Hyoyeon teased. Sunny just rolled her eyes on her.

 

"I'm an IT Specialist there..." 

 

"Wow that's great!! Are you a full time employee there?" Tiffany added their small talks.

 

"Nah not really just part time cause I'm really a ha-" Hyoyeon quickly cover Sunny's mouth with her hands. Sunny keeps on blabbering.

 

"She's a hardworking gardener...." Hyoyeon continues. While Sunny has a standing eyebrow.

 

"Really??? I love plants!!" Jessica suddenly interested on Sunny about what she had heard.

 

==================================================

 

Leeteuk checked the reports and tried to present it to the board.

 

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen! I really appreciate your time despite it was your sleeping time but this is an important announcement...." Leeteuk tried to get attention of all the board that was only in a video call metting.

 

"I'm gonna have a flight tomorrow in US to present the K-Tech...and finally they have approved our proposal..." He smiled expecting everyone to be happy with the good news. However, most of the board's faces are just neutral, they're expecting it but the current head of the company was not getting the real issue.

 

"Anyways, I'm glad that we are going internationally I w-" 

 

"Mr. Park who are you with tomorrow?" Mr. Hwang suddenly interrupted.

 

"I'm with Mr. Horvejkul as usual he also proposed his projects there..." Leeteuk replied.

 

"Well that's good, we're hoping for some more good news tomorrow Mr. Park..." Mr. Hwang just trying to end the discussion as he can feel the boards are not that really excited about the news.

 

Leeteuk ended the group video call and sighed deeply. 'I'm on my peak of my career now, thanks Kims'

 

=====================================================